PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Longer and Brighter Torpedo Wakes

nvdrifter
04-01-07, 07:45 PM
[WIP] Longer and Brighter Torpedo Wakes

I am currently working on a mod that will increase length and brightness of torpedo wakes. Will post when finished. :ping:

ReallyDedPoet
04-01-07, 07:47 PM
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

briny_norman
04-01-07, 08:24 PM
So looking forward to this - please hurry! (but take your time, too)

W_clear
04-01-07, 09:11 PM
Hello Mr.nvdrifter (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=212021) vbmenu_register("postmenu_477900", true);
It is made that you are MOD the expert. I like your MOD very much .
I have a piece of request :
Cloud of SH4 model very untrue, it have three picture file of cloud inside the SH4/Data/Misc, file name ===

clouds.dds
CloudShadow.dds
CloudsTransition.dds

Can you revise these pictures file? Make the true cloud MOD?
I express gratitude to the extraordinary one you

nvdrifter
04-01-07, 09:15 PM
Hello Mr.nvdrifter (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=212021) vbmenu_register("postmenu_477900", true);
It is made that you are MOD the expert. I like your MOD very much .
I have a piece of request :
Cloud of SH4 model very untrue, it have three picture file of cloud inside the SH4/Data/Misc, file name ===

clouds.dds
CloudShadow.dds
CloudsTransition.dds

Can you revise these pictures file? Make the true cloud MOD?
I express gratitude to the extraordinary one you
W_clear, when I am finished with the torpedo wakes mod I will look at these files and see if I can make a tweak file to adjust them. ;)

shad43
04-01-07, 10:02 PM
[I express gratitude to the extraordinary one you[/quote]

Wow, now thats how to butter up your favorite modder :p

looking forward to the wake mod, thanks!

Krupp
04-02-07, 01:15 AM
Exellent news!

Alex
04-02-07, 05:59 AM
For sure it is ! :rock:
Good luck NV !

briny_norman
04-05-07, 05:44 AM
Sorry if I sound impatient here, but I'm really looking forward to this mod.
How's the work progressing Nvdrifter?

Uber Gruber
04-05-07, 07:52 AM
Mr NVDRIFTER kind sir that you are. I prostrate myself at the alter of your modness and exhalt gratitude into the heavens in praise of your wakes. :up:

But may a thousand camels infest your underpants if no pictures forthcoming soon :arrgh!:!

CyberOps
04-07-07, 08:19 AM
yeah how is it coming along ? im really looking forward to using this mod.

nvdrifter
04-07-07, 09:33 AM
Mr NVDRIFTER kind sir that you are. I prostrate myself at the alter of your modness and exhalt gratitude into the heavens in praise of your wakes. :up:

But may a thousand camels infest your underpants if no pictures forthcoming soon :arrgh!:!

Oh stop it, please! :rotfl:

nvdrifter
04-07-07, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone. Thanks for being so patient. I haven't forgotten about this mod. I have been working on an SH4 torpedo wake mod, but unfortunately the dev team actually re-hardcoded important parts of the SH4 torpedo.dat file. :damn: I can increase the lengths still, but there are other problems that I can't adjust this time around... such as the total length of wake showing instantly (no wake timer), and the curved edges cannot be smoothed (they are blocky). I have been trying to decode some of the hardcoded stuff, trying to find the correct settings. I will still try to release a version, but sadly it probably won't be as good as my SH3 torp wake mod.

CyberOps
04-07-07, 09:50 AM
hey take your time man, anything you release has been good so far

FoddaUK
04-07-07, 09:56 AM
NNNOOOOOOOO!!!

Those pesky Jap destroyers can already easily pick up a steam torp from far enough away as it is! You're just making it easier for them!

Just who's side are you on in this war eh? :p

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

:up: Nice one really...