PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again - Spy Sat GWX 1.03

danlisa
04-01-07, 12:30 PM
GWX v1.03 Spy Sat Mod

Firstly, this mod is NOT supported by the GWX Devs.

If you're having problems please direct them my way on Subsim (danlisa).

This is a realism killer!

You need GWX & the 1.03 Patch

Be Warned there will be continued updates to the GWX RND layer so this will have to be adapted along the way.

Also with the increased graphics being rendered there maybe a small drop in performance. However I have not noticed this in testing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This package is JSGME ready.

The usual applies:

Be in Port
Rollback SH3 Commander
Enable Spy Sat Mod

-----------------------------------------------------------
Basic Info:

This mod does not change the Spawn Rate of Convoys in GWX.
This mod changes the Report Probability to 100%
This mod changes the Report Time to 60mins
This mod changes the Contact Report Distance to 99999km

This means that every convoy that is loaded at the start of SH3 will be reported to you every 60mins of gametime.

I have used 60mins so that you will still have to plan your attack.

No Pics this time, you all know what it does.:yep:

Happy Hunting

Download Links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?errtmdjmdmy
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X40MEXI0

azn_132
04-01-07, 12:34 PM
Thx!, but ever wonder if u make a SH4 spysat mod?

danlisa
04-01-07, 12:35 PM
Thx!, but ever wonder if u make a SH4 spysat mod?

Don't have SH4!:smug:

STEED
04-01-07, 12:55 PM
About bloody time Dan, now I can move up to the next patch.

Cheers. :up:

Jimbuna
04-01-07, 03:39 PM
Bloody cheat!!
:rotfl:

STEED
04-01-07, 03:47 PM
Bloody cheat!!

There's a fuel shorted on you know. ;)

Genferret
04-01-07, 04:12 PM
Actually I'm kinda new so I didn't know what it did. After a short search on the forums for an older thread I found out tho.

Thread for 1.02 version:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106410

Thought I'd put that in there just in case there are other relatively new people like me who don't know.

Doubt I'll run this all the time because of the realism kill (as you stated yourself in the readme), but it will be nice for testing out sensor mods and such to find the targets quicker for said testing procedures.

danlisa
04-01-07, 04:52 PM
Welcome aboard Genferret:up:

My mistake, so thanks for posting the 1.02 link.:yep:

bigboywooly
04-01-07, 05:10 PM
Doubt I'll run this all the time because of the realism kill .

Oh I dont know

Will help you get a Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords

:rotfl: :rotfl:

danlisa
04-01-07, 05:14 PM
Oh I dont know

;)

We're proper Kaleuns.:smug:

Genferret
04-01-07, 05:23 PM
Oh I dont know

;)

We're proper Kaleuns.:smug:

Hrmm, am I missing a joke somewhere, or? :hmm:

danlisa
04-01-07, 05:24 PM
Have a look under STEED's details.;)

ReallyDedPoet
04-01-07, 07:44 PM
Nice work danlisa:yep:

JCWolf
04-02-07, 02:59 AM
:nope: :nope: :nope:

Cheaters!!!:yep: :rotfl:

Genferret
04-02-07, 03:01 AM
Have a look under STEED's details.;)

Ahh, well, considering I'm just getting back into the swing of SHIII after not playing a few months, I'm still happy just to get back to port alive and have more than 20k tonnage under my belt.

danlisa
04-02-07, 03:04 AM
@ JCwolf

:arrgh!: You know it makes sense.

@ Genferret

:damn:STEED's changed his personal message. :hmm:Wonder why.:p

Jimbuna
04-02-07, 03:35 AM
A fuel shortage!! :o
With that bugga loaded into the game there'll soon be a torpedo shortage :lol:

irish1958
04-02-07, 01:34 PM
Thanks Dan,
I would never use this to cheat, just to test.
By the way can I register in the 1,000,000 K tons club? I seem to have lost the link

STEED
04-02-07, 01:37 PM
@ JCwolf

:arrgh!: You know it makes sense.

@ Genferret

:damn:STEED's changed his personal message. :hmm:Wonder why.:p

What you banging on about old sport. :roll:

danlisa
04-02-07, 02:19 PM
Attention Guys, the links in the first post have been updated to fix an issue with the RND layer.

Please d/l again.:up:

Jimbuna
04-02-07, 02:28 PM
What was the prob Dan....my lad is using it (I think) :hmm:

danlisa
04-02-07, 02:33 PM
What was the prob Dan....my lad is using it (I think) :hmm:

It's an issue with the GWX RND layer not Spy Sat. It was changed as per BBW's request. If you want I can post further details to you on the Den.:yep:

No biggie really.

STEED
04-02-07, 02:51 PM
Attention Guys, the links in the first post have been updated to fix an issue with the RND layer.

Please d/l again.:up:

What now I have to dl again for my mate. Alright I know I am being strange, better lay off the toilet duck with pine smell. :lol:

Jimbuna
04-02-07, 03:02 PM
Sorted :up: ;)

gord96
04-03-07, 02:11 PM
do I need JGME to install this mod? thanks

ReallyDedPoet
04-03-07, 02:12 PM
Extract to your Mods folder, install with JSGME:yep:

gord96
04-03-07, 02:24 PM
is there any issues with installing JSGME after you already have mods like GWX installed?

danlisa
04-03-07, 02:26 PM
is there any issues with installing JSGME after you already have mods like GWX installed?

Nope, this is built for GWX use & when you installed GWX, JSGME was installed at the same time. Look in your SH3/GWX program folder.;)

gord96
04-03-07, 02:31 PM
so i already have JSGME? WOOOOOO

Thanks guys :p

gord96
04-03-07, 02:36 PM
hmmm.wondering if i should install this. sounds like fun. I am not a realism nut so its not a big deal. i don't get much of a thrill when i find ships. my fun comes when I sneak into a convoy and sink some big ships then get DC'ed into oblivion only to sneak away and come home to a medal. :up:

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 03:02 PM
If your a medal/trophy hunter, then this is for you. Similarly if you just like the excitement of sinking ships and lots of action, go for it (pretend the Allies never cracked the enigma/ultra). :arrgh!:

gord96
04-03-07, 03:15 PM
I just like sailing around and sinking stuff so I think I will try it. Just say the Enigma was never crcked like you said and that the Germans got a good agent in the Admiralty ;)

I actually spend most of my time playing watching my boat sail through the sea. For an older game the graphics still are amazing to look at.:arrgh!:

STEED
04-03-07, 03:52 PM
On behalf of a friend who is not on the internet a question.

Dan, I downloaded your spy sats 02 and 03 the person is question wants to know why less ships now show up on the map on your 03 mod as there were lots on your 02?

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 05:28 PM
I just like sailing around and sinking stuff so I think I will try it. Just say the Enigma was never crcked like you said and that the Germans got a good agent in the Admiralty ;)

I actually spend most of my time playing watching my boat sail through the sea. For an older game the graphics still are amazing to look at.:arrgh!:

Fair enough matey :up: :arrgh!:

gord96
04-03-07, 07:35 PM
Do all the contacts show up right away? I just loaded it and sailed out into the North Sea and I still have no contacts. Thanks for any info :hmm:

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 07:41 PM
IIRC there should be the possibility of an update every 60 minutes (game time) :hmm:
Dan will be along tomorrow to confirm or otherwise (it's his baby) :up:

gord96
04-03-07, 07:48 PM
yup. thanks very much :D

after about an hour i recieved some very imformative intelligence on the location of several allied convoys. I do not know how we aquired such information but I will accept it anyway :arrgh!:

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 08:41 PM

after about an hour i recieved some very imformative intelligence on the location of several allied convoys. I do not know how we aquired such information but I will accept it anyway :arrgh!:

Cheat!! :lol:

danlisa
04-04-07, 12:41 AM

Dan, I downloaded your spy sats 02 and 03 the person is question wants to know why less ships now show up on the map on your 03 mod as there were lots on your 02?
What date is your 'friend' currently playing in? Also, what area? A screenie would be nice.

I'll check when I can.:up:

danlisa
04-04-07, 12:43 AM

I chose 60mins as the update time because this will mean that you still have to plan your attack with some level of caution as the approaching convoy will have moved on slightly from it's last reported position.;)

STEED
04-04-07, 07:45 AM

What date is your 'friend' currently playing in? Also, what area? A screenie would be nice.

I'll check when I can.:up:

He's in March 1940 likes to patrol around Biscay and NW of Spain and SE of England. He has noticed a big fall off of traffic from France to the Med.

danlisa
04-04-07, 08:32 AM
I think I know what you...Um...your friend....means. The little 2-3 ship convoys that run from France to the Med & back.

Like this....
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9963/spysatij6.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spysatij6.jpg)

I'll check it out later.:up:

STEED
04-04-07, 08:41 AM
Update he just went down, bummer. But he will email me some spy sat shots today on his new career.

STEED
04-04-07, 10:05 AM
Got them

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/RS42/m1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/RS42/m2.jpg

Or so spotted this, looks a bit odd just sits there.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/RS42/m3.jpg

danlisa
04-04-07, 10:18 AM
Ok, I'll check but it's possible that they have been renamed or deleted in the RND layer. BTW I've only edited entries that are labeled 'Convoy'.

Also, is your friend using the latest version of Spy Sat because the patrols that you can see in grids EK & ET should not be there.

As for the lone contact up near Trondheim, that has been identified as an error in the GWX RND layer and I'll fix it if I need to do any further work with the Biscay Bay traffic. It's only a docked ship which has the wrong report details attached to it. So no harm there.

cardician
04-04-07, 01:44 PM
Something I'm still not clear on, sorry. I didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere. So this only shows convoys? not regular ships?

Any chance we could get an ultimate spy sat mod that shows them all? Just a thought :D

danlisa
04-04-07, 01:57 PM
Something I'm still not clear on, sorry. I didn't see it specifically mentioned anywhere. So this only shows convoys? not regular ships?

Any chance we could get an ultimate spy sat mod that shows them all? Just a thought :D

Nope, too much work & too much of a realism killer. Besides there will be too much going on in the Nav Map. You can give it a go though.:D

ReallyDedPoet
04-04-07, 02:07 PM
As for the lone contact up near Trondheim, that has been identified as an error in the GWX RND layer and I'll fix it if I need to do any further work with the Biscay Bay traffic. It's only a docked ship which has the wrong report details attached to it. So no harm there.

Always wondered about that, now I know:yep:

egoeimai
04-05-07, 04:16 PM
I downloaded the "GWX v1.03 Spy Sat.7z" file. How do you install it?

STEED
04-05-07, 04:26 PM

Pop it in your MODS folder and activate via JSGME both are here C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII

PS: Welcome on board.

Genferret
04-05-07, 04:37 PM

What Steed said, but first you need to unzip it with either WinRar or 7-Zip.

If you have neither, 7-Zip is a free open source program that works much like WinZip but handles more files. Oh yeah, and did I mention it's free?

http://www.7-zip.org/

That's where you can get 7-Zip.

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard kaleun egoeimai....enjoy the GWXperience :arrgh!: