PDA

View Full Version : What version do i have?

pentraksil
04-01-07, 11:01 AM
When i first heard about GWX i installed it....but the problem is i dont know what version was it...so plz how to figure out what version do i have...because i want to update my GWX with skins new features and fixes...plz help.

bigboywooly
04-01-07, 11:03 AM
Just add the 1.03 patch

It includes all previous patches anyway

When you start the game it will tell you the version number on the opening screen

The skins pack goes into SH3commander

The Munster
04-01-07, 12:07 PM
Hi, try adding the 1.03 patch via JSGME, it is the latest version and will bring you up to date :up:

pentraksil
04-01-07, 02:13 PM
kk, thx guys will do...

danlisa
04-02-07, 03:19 AM
Hi, try adding the 1.03 patch via JSGME, it is the latest version and will bring you up to date :up:

Why would you add it via JSGME, it defeats the point of the installer checks and might lead to problems further down the road.

JScones
04-02-07, 03:30 AM
Sigh, pls don't tell me people are installing 1.03 into their JSGME and enabling that way? :o

Doing so will NOT correctly install patch 1.03. The installer DELETES certain files from the game that are no longer needed. Installing the patch ANYWHERE BUT directly into the SH3 root folder means that these files will NOT be removed. Thus you may expose yourself to CTDs or other abnormal behaviour. At the least you will NOT be running GWX 1.03 as the devs intended!

If you want the TRUE GWX experience, install the patch directly into your SH3 installation as instructed. IGNORE THE INSTALLER WARNINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK - DOING SO WILL RESULT IN ABNORMAL BEHAVIOUR AND POSSIBLE CRASHES!!

I really can't make it any clearer. So it looks like ANOTHER question that the guys answering the "Why is my game CTD?" posts has to ask. :roll:

Why do people make it so hard for themselves? :nope:

danlisa
04-02-07, 03:36 AM
:roll: Did I see Bernard in here somewhere?