PDA

View Full Version : More Capital Ships & Traffic for GWX 1.03.

Reece
04-01-07, 01:46 AM
Hi, after several hours I have completed the changes to the random campaign file that now includes:
1) More capital Ships, both in Taskforce and single contacts.
2) More traffic including reports.
3) Slightly less reported covoy contacts.
Download:

http://files.filefront.com/GWX_1_03b_More_Capital_Shsrar/;7149208;/fileinfo.html
Cheers.:up:

Jimbuna
04-01-07, 05:14 AM
Hi Reece....what is the percentage drop in convoy contacts mate ?:hmm:

Reece
04-01-07, 06:42 AM
Probably around 5% respawn & 5% reported. I went out on one patrol and 4 reported convoys (shown on map) in my area (AM15) over a few days, however only a few reported single contacts. Also over 2 patrols no task forces in my area or capital ships.:cry: This is improved by around 10% both respawned & reported. This is an unofficial mod but may be just the thing for those, like me, that would like to have a greater chance of finding various contacts, especially capital ships.:up:

bigboywooly
04-01-07, 07:15 AM
Fair play to you Reece
Not easy to do

Mush Martin
04-01-07, 07:22 AM
Nice and thanks Reece :up:

irish1958
04-01-07, 08:35 AM
Thanks Reece.
Just a suggestion: it is probsbly better not to release anything on April 1.

Reece
04-01-07, 08:55 AM
This way it gives me an out, if the mod fails I can say April Fool and if it works well then I can say it was a genuine mod!:yep: It also keep others scratching their heads as to what to do!:lol:

Note: After playing for a while you think it can be improved in anyway, for example, too much traffic reported, then please let me know.

ReallyDedPoet
04-01-07, 09:36 AM
Nice addition there Reece:up:

Steppenwolf
04-01-07, 10:27 PM
I guess I'm a little confused here. This mod seems to be about increasing the likelihood of finding ships (hence MORE capital ships and traffic). So what is the rationale behind decreasing convoy contacts? Isn't this antithetical to the mod's purpose?

Reece
04-01-07, 10:58 PM
I'm trying to get a ballance, there is almost no noticable difference to Convoys, with this version I'm still getting a vast quantity of Convoys, getting close to half a dozen convoys in one patrol, some by accident & others reported, but the single ship contacts were very poor, only a few on a patrol, this version I may have overdone it though!:oops:
Please comment as I may (even though it takes a very long time), do another version taking comments into consideration.:yep:
The downside to all this is that you should start a new campaign when modding any campaign files.:)

Edit: I had it just right for version 1.02!

Reece
04-05-07, 11:49 PM
Updated to fix a few errors found, thanks to Danlisa & Bigboywooly.:up:
Download on first post.

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 06:02 AM
Same question as #2 mate...can you advise of the percentages/guesstimates :up:

Reece
04-06-07, 06:09 AM
Same as #3 post Jim, almost neglegable (Convoys down 2.5% - Roughly)!:yep: Infact I found I overdid it a bit on traffic & had to lightened it off.:)

Jimbuna
04-06-07, 06:39 AM
Cheers mate :up: FYI the direct link wouldn't work but the file could still be accessed via your sig :up:

loreed
04-06-07, 09:47 PM
THe direct links works as of this post, just downloaded it.