PDA

View Full Version : When adding mod's!

airwolf48453
03-31-07, 11:32 PM
When I add some mod's i do so like it sometimes says the mod being added has a read me file that will change or might conflict other mod's already in place! So I was wondering when we add mod's do the read me files have to be in the folder too when adding it to JSGME or are the read me files just for info purpose only and not part of the program?:roll:

Venatore
03-31-07, 11:54 PM
When I add some mod's i do so like it sometimes says the mod being added has a read me file that will change or might conflict other mod's already in place! So I was wondering when we add mod's do the read me files have to be in the folder too when adding it to JSGME or are the read me files just for info purpose only and not part of the program?:roll:

Hi Airwolf48453,

The Readme file is for information only. This is where the "Modder" can give credit, file structure pathways, loading instructions, permission/s, details of what the mod does to the game etc etc.

I always have my "Readme" sitting near the data folder. I hope this helps.

Ven.

Jimbuna
04-01-07, 05:17 AM
Just leave the readme file in it's place, it'll do no harm and is always where you know it should be for future quick reference :up:

At times you may get a similar message re:Thumbs...ignore that too :up:

HW3
04-01-07, 08:22 AM
What I do is make a new folder by the mods data folder called "Documentation" and put the readme and any other information in it. JSGME knows to leave it alone.

Meridian
04-01-07, 09:07 AM
I do exactly the same. That way when you right click on the mod in JSGME you get a dialog with the readme in it. You can then click on it and read it for info on the mod. Saves having to open up explorer all the time and browsing for all the readmes.

Capt.Crackerjack
04-01-07, 09:33 AM
I do the same, but please, use a small "d" to match the SH3 file structure, i.e., "documentation" : either way will function properly, but it looks so much better to have all the files matching!

airwolf48453
04-01-07, 03:42 PM
It says when I add some mod's that "Enabling this *may* have adverse effects on your game cause the read me file has already been altered by another mod's.? So how do I know if adding some new mod's that it don't interfear or totally stop another mod from working.?:damn:

danlisa
04-01-07, 05:20 PM
A readme will never cause a mod to interfere or break any existing files. If you are that worried about it, read it, understand it then delete it.

Jimbuna
04-02-07, 04:05 AM
I refer to post #3 :roll: