PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare???

bobo
03-31-07, 07:43 AM
I would love to use some of these fantastic mods but, I'm not gonna pay rapidshare after I get my one free download. Isn't there another place you guys can get them hosted for free?

CaptainCox
03-31-07, 07:46 AM
I normally use www.filefront.com (http://www.filefront.com)
No cost there ;)

Ziem
03-31-07, 07:46 AM
lol You were just a tick quicker CaptainCox :D :D

Z.

rulle34
03-31-07, 07:49 AM
Yeah, but filefront always seem to have such a slow DL speed.
HAs been like this for me all the times I have DL somehing from there. Is it only me thst hsvr tha experience?

CaptainCox
03-31-07, 07:51 AM
Can't say its slower or faster, never thought about the speed there so it must be OK otherwise i would have noticed. Anyhow, the Mods are almost always pretty small in size, except Radio mods or something like that.

Psyon
03-31-07, 08:02 AM
I would love to use some of these fantastic mods but, I'm not gonna pay rapidshare after I get my one free download. Isn't there another place you guys can get them hosted for free?

i never pay follow the download link and when you get to rapidshare, scroll down... on the right section, there is a button called "free".

click on that and scroll down a bit and you will see a timer, after this [not more than 1 min] expires, one of those "enter this obscure 4 digit letter/number combonation" appears, input number, download box pops up, start downloading..

it is easier than i explained too, very very easy to download for free on rapidshare...

EDIT: if you exceed your alotted MB's in a givin time, a timer will appear giving you the mins you have to wait to download again for free..

i have dowloaded tons without ever paying..

bigboywooly
03-31-07, 09:28 AM
The trouble with using sites like Rapidshare is that if no activity on the D\L for 30 ( ? ) days then the file is deleted
Ppl looking for the file down the line find the links dead

No such problem with Filefront which is why most use it

bobo
04-01-07, 02:51 PM
So, it looks like there really isn't another viable depot for SH mods?? Why don't I just setup an "SH only" FTP server? It's not like I don't have the capacity, bandwidth is cable.

bobo
04-02-07, 07:59 AM
no?

Schlageter-JG26
04-02-07, 12:48 PM
If you guys want me to, I can host everything on Rapidshare. If you can only download 1 file, then I can try to compress everything into an archive.

And/or get yourself a free IP spoofer and you have unlimited downloads from RS. It tracks your usage by IP. I paid for my account though. $72 US isn't terrible for a year of unlimited data transfer. I use it endlessly for work.