PDA

View Full Version : Gwx 1.3-help !!!

Seminole
03-30-07, 02:18 PM
Something happened to my fire, smoke, and wake effects....:cry:

They were ok during the Academy training missions but when I started a career I get no smoke, no fires, and no wakes.

I went back to the academy and same thing I can shoot down planes and torpedo ships but there just isn't any smoke, fire, wakes or water eruptions when a plane hits the water. The AA fires but I see no muzzle flashes or tracers.

Any idea what could have happened?

I have added only the SH3 commander dated ship skins and using JSGME I added the harbour lite and Lowered DF Antennas mods that were in the GWX Doc. folder

Would adding the Hollywood effects mod maybe bring back the effects?

Any advice appreciated.

danlisa
03-30-07, 02:46 PM
Would adding the Hollywood effects mod maybe bring back the effects?

Any advice appreciated.

Maybe, but check the particles slider in the main menu options first.

Seminole
03-30-07, 02:53 PM
:cry: ...I did but it is on 100% already.

I tried the GWX special effects mod and there is no change.

Anything else other than a complete reinstall?

danlisa
03-30-07, 03:18 PM
:damn: It's looking like a reinstall. Was it a new installation before you added GWX?

Seminole
03-30-07, 03:36 PM
Yes brand new.

I had just installed GWX up to 1.02 the same day 1.03 came out...:shifty: ...my luck.

I'm assuming his time I can just do the 1.3 patch and skip 1.2 and the December updates parts entirely...tell me this is correct.

I am going to check each step of the way to make sure the effects are showing up....and if they disappear again I'll at least know what did it.

I have everything downloaded so the reinstall will only take a few minutes once my computer finishes cleaning up after the uninstallation. So it isn't a big disaster.

danlisa
03-30-07, 03:44 PM
New install of SH3 + 1.4b

Then add GWX

Then add 1.03 patch only.

Rollback SH3Cmdr.

BTW, did you check the MD5 hash files to make sure your d/l was not corrupted?

JScones
03-30-07, 07:41 PM
I'm assuming his time I can just do the 1.3 patch and skip 1.2 and the December updates parts entirely...tell me this is correct.
Correct. 1.03 is cumulative. :yep:

Seminole
03-30-07, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I'm back up and patched to where I was before and all the effects are ok again.

I don't have a clue as to what happened that trashed them but lets hope it doesn't happen again.

:nope: :lol: ...man... I clean forgot what a pain it was to reinstall SHIII. I had repressed memories I suppose about having to go into the Window's registry and track down all those loose ends before it would let me reinstall rather than repair or modify. When SHIII digs into that Windows Install Wizard Shield utility it does so like an Alabama tick on a hound dog's neck.