PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Waters Wallpapers

satyen
03-29-07, 06:13 AM
hi guys. i am your usual lurker that never posts just hangs in the shadows. well today i have steped in to the light and i come bearing gifts.
i am a 3d modeler, and recently i got a chance to work on the submarine, for some project i am doing, well so in my spare time i made this wallpaper for all you DW fans. but this is for all submariners in general, WWII or Modern, who cares right we are one big happy family :)
ok one problem. how do i upload the image on this forum i cant find a button to post the image. can someone guide me as to how to do it
till then heres a temparary link to my portfolio where you will find the subimage
hey while you guys are at it check out some of my other work out adn post your C&C on it if you want to it always helps :)

http://blackblaze.cgsociety.org/gallery/

is there a way for me to upload or mail it to one you nice guys here, so then they can change it to their liking and the upload it. as long as you give me credit its all ok.

Molon Labe
03-29-07, 06:22 AM
That's very nice!

I don't think you can upload on this forum, but you can give the CADC a shot if you'd like.

Driftwood
03-29-07, 06:35 AM
Nice piece of work! :up: Is your model something that could be used in game?

satyen
03-29-07, 08:36 AM
ok guys here is the wallpaper
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5936/774rb4.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=774rb4.jpg)

satyen
03-29-07, 08:40 AM
i don't think so.
the model is very high resolution and i cant give it away cus its not my property.
well did any of you guys check out some of my other work ?

Frying Tiger
03-29-07, 10:15 AM
That's very nice. I did a similar shot of a 688i under depth charge attack for the new splash screen of "688i Hunter-Killer" in the SCS Naval Combat pack. I notice 3D artists seem to be unable to resist putting a trail of bubbles from the bow planes... I did it too! (grin)

satyen
03-29-07, 01:51 PM
hehehe yeah i know what you are talking about. but you know why is that, i just feel its some way of conveying a sense of motion, that this thing, huge chunk of metal is movie very fast like a jet (but we all know that it doesent).

Hey can we get others to make more wallpapers and then make a collection or something?

FERdeBOER
03-29-07, 03:05 PM
Great job!!! :up: :up:

I love it! Now is in my desktop :yep:

satyen
03-30-07, 11:43 AM
well you people are so nice. thanx guys, i hope i get more time so i can maybe make some more wallpapers. :)

Castout
04-07-07, 05:41 PM
OMG The 3d model is on par with that of SH3 and SH4 :up:.
Think ye could steal it for us the obsessed sub simmer?:arrgh!:
What's the sub near the surface? Is it a Sierra class?:hmm:

ASWnut101
04-07-07, 07:16 PM

It's an Akula, but most likely an Akula I

Sulikate
04-07-07, 08:33 PM
I'm also a 3d modeler (3dsmax 7 user), and I can assure you this is a great rendering mate! Maybe you could tell me more about it via PMs?

ps: I'm also a CGTalk member (Bruno Avellar)

Capt Jack Harkness
03-21-08, 02:52 AM
Alright, who owns this model and how can I get in contact with them? I'm heading up the naval division for a huge Crysis mod (click sig for info) and I need a lot of modelers of this caliber (or close, anyways), because the Crysis engine can handle huge polycounts, and we are going to have hundereds of different unit types all together, not to mention subs just look prettier with CryShaders...:arrgh!:

Anyone else that's interested, please pm me here or on Crymod.com (I'm r4y30n on that forum). We will also need sound people as well.

ASWnut101
03-21-08, 07:13 PM

It's an Akula, but most likely an Akula I

Big mistake on my part. :dead:

Bartolomeus
03-25-08, 03:19 PM
nice looking wallpaper. great job!

marko

GrayOwl
03-25-08, 05:22 PM
nice looking wallpaper. great job!

marko

Only wallpapper...

A Natural Sim Job Where ???? .uck situation...

Frame57
06-07-08, 12:35 PM
Great job!!! :up: :up:

I love it! Now is in my desktop :yep:How did you get it to be walpaper, I boomarked the page but then I cannot do anything else with it?:yep: