PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] ...fast attack carrier model...

bunkerratt
03-28-07, 09:09 PM
that should pretty much say it all ....like the franklin and so on...tyvm

bunkerratt
03-29-07, 07:55 AM
:arrgh!::damn: i mean come on ...the devs had time to add usless things to clipboard and included a very usless and stupid ghostship?..and left out the fast attack carriers?....so that means we loose the war after 44 right ..or do we script in the ghostships in their place?....

nimitstexan
03-29-07, 12:28 PM
Just to be techinical, the correct term is "Fast Carriers;" "Fast Attack" was a designation given to American nuclear-powered attack submarines. :)

But why they chose the Wasp to represent all US carriers (and then did not name her the Wasp) is beyond me, since that was the least representative (only 1 built) and shortest lived (5 months, only 2 on the PTO) of all the US carriers in the PTO, whereas there were 2 Lexingtons, 3 Yorktowns, and 14 Essexs. Sort of like the whole deal with the Medals . . .

bunkerratt
03-29-07, 02:35 PM
ok..yes...cv's are in the game...we should have an entire class of cva's missing....yes it's just sad....it really is ....and i stand corrected on the misnameing...but we all kniow what i'm talking about ....

nimitstexan
03-29-07, 06:37 PM
Not so much misnaming, as the wrong period, CVA being a post-war term. Alot of the Essex class were re-designated as CVAs in the 1950s