PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] "GREEN STARTING CREW" Mod

Balu0
03-28-07, 07:17 PM
I just had a great idea... everybody is saying that the US crew was inexperienced in the early war.. yet we start the campaign with a quite efficient crew..

What about a mod that give you a much less experienced and capable crew in the begining.. say even the watch and engine room is below 70% efficiency even if you put your best crew there...

If US had inexperienced crew in the begining, why should we have a 100% effective watch and 100% effective engine room?

AS I read (not sure if its true) for example if your engine room is not 100% effective your engines are louder, the acceleration is slower , top speed is less..

If this is true.. .we can have a quite challenging early war with a "GREEN CREW MOD" .. :D see we already have a name for it too...

Any modder up for this task ?

Just imagine having a 75% or even 50% effective watch crew only.. the IJN visual reacon was realy good.. well when you spot a taskforce in early war, you will have not much chance to attack them, they will spot you before your crew can spot them.. There you go, early war realism, no more "I can sink 60.000 in my first patrol, I'm more Über than Bernard ;)"

Galanti
03-28-07, 08:37 PM
A truly excellent idea, and you're right, we could do with less experienced crew when war begins.

Balu0
03-30-07, 09:59 AM
Just for fun I started a new career, kicked all the original crew, and filled up every slot with recruits.. I left 3 officer only from the original, the 3 less experienced ones in the command room..

I sailed out... what to tell.. it is a completly different game :D realy fun I must say :D

My watch crew is blind, the sonar guys are deaf, and my grandma could load the torps faster than those guys in the torpedo room ::up:

Balu0
04-06-07, 07:02 AM
hmm.. I tought this is a good idea.. sadly I don't have teh experience nor the time to make a mod like this.. but still hope that someone can make this...

Probex
04-06-07, 08:48 AM
Don't the campaigns last only a few patrols?

Is that enough time to ever get your crew trained to any decent level if you start "green"?