PDA

View Full Version : [TEC]Modifying mods

raymond6751
03-28-07, 05:20 AM
If you fellows are going to combine mods and make arbitrary decisions like disabling the external views, could you put in the readme how to restore them?

I would have liked to keep the external views and still have the rest of the FTT mod.

Thanks

OneTinSoldier
03-28-07, 05:57 AM
I used Ducimus's Flavored to Taste that he made for SH3 + GWX, but I seasoned it a little to my own taste. But, there was an item thast I didn't know how change dealing with the modification of the 'menu_1024_768.ini' file, and it's kind of a scary looking file to me. So I simply went into his mod thread and asked him how to put Engine Room Crew Cabin back to normal, and he kindly gave me instructions on how to do it.

I'm sure if you ask him, or any other modder, for help with something in their mod's thread they will help you out the best they can.

At any rate, at the top of his thread he says that the F12 freecam mod is still there. So, for the other two(next/previous ship cam) I will try and explain what to do...

1) First, deactive the FTT mod.

2) Go to the FTT mod's folder and then to the following sub-folder within it... 'Data\Cfg'.

3) Using Notepad, open up the 'Commands.cfg' file.

4) Now, unless I'm mistaken(!), you are going to want to find the following lines...

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1

Change them to the following by copy and pasting from your web browser into Notepad...

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Save the file and then reactivate the FTT mod.

Hope that helps