PDA

View Full Version : Contacts on map mod request

Murdock
03-27-07, 10:41 AM
Hello there
I have G.W.X and N.Y.G.M installed on my computer and i would like to know is it possible to have the N.Y.G.M contact reports on the nav map ie-the square Without the ship direction in it showing up in G.W.X.
I find the present G.W.X very easy to make contact ie-draw a line with the ruler through the indicater and you have no searching.
In N.Y.G.M there is no indicator in the square so the target is not so easy to find.

Also in N.Y.G.M the sonar lines is a Broken line in G.W.X they are continues can this be changed so that the G.W.X sonar line is as in N.Y.G.M.
I Know this has probably been asked before but how do you get rid of the single ship trafik on the nav map.

Im sorry if this is a bit confusing im confused myself just typing it:lol:

I thank you in advance for any help.

Murdock
03-27-07, 01:53 PM
Hi Again anybody any help? To the above post.

Thanks in advance.

Matyas
03-27-07, 01:59 PM
Hello,

I would also appreciate this slight modification. It would make pursuit and approach more challenging in GWX. Now I always have to "look away" and try not to take into account the small tail of the contact square.

Matyas

Jimbuna
03-27-07, 02:20 PM
I would suggest you accept both mods for what they are: individual and different, it is often the case (a vast majority in fact) that neither will be compatible with each other :arrgh!:

Henri II
03-27-07, 03:16 PM
You can actually get rid of the direction indicator and get the broken sonar contact line in one go, both are controlled by the same file. It is the ContLine.tga in the data/menu/Gui folder. There are two ways you can go about it.

1. Use the file from NYGM, the only thing I'm not sure about is whether they both use the same colors, i.e. black/red for merchants/warships or black/black. Just try and see, don't forget to back up the file first.

2. Modify the file yourself. What you need to do, is to open the file in Photoshop or a simmilar programm and erase parts of it. Compare to the NYGM file to see what exactly you have to erase.

Getting rid of the single contacts is more difficult, or rather time consuming. You'd have to open the Campaign_RND.mis file, find every instance of a single contact and set the Report Probability to zero.

Murdock
03-27-07, 04:01 PM
Exellent thankyou for your help:up:

poor sailor
03-28-07, 01:44 AM
Or you may look at the small mod I made, that exactly you want. Only I haven't in this mod is getting rid of the single contact. But anyway many thanks to Henri II. Now I know how to do this and maybe I will release and second version of this mod.
@ Murdock
Have a look at this thread for download link http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106237&highlight=assisted+plotting

Murdock
03-28-07, 04:36 AM
Thank you Poor Sailor this is just the ticket:up:

If you make the update with no single contacts it would be mutch appreciated again thanks.

poor sailor
03-28-07, 05:44 AM
Thank you Poor Sailor this is just the ticket:up:

If you make the update with no single contacts it would be mutch appreciated again thanks.
In this mod everything is like in NYGM except information about contact (speed, direction...). Will try to do something about that, maybe the solution from Henri II will do the thing, but real life job time for me is the worst enemy, but will see I can do.