PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Modify AMMO COUNT and UPGRADE DATES

Grunt
03-26-07, 05:33 PM
Ammo stats are kept in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData\UPCUnitsData as 'ammunition.upc'

I am testing settings, will advise.

Equipment stats are in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Submarine\NSS_Gar , for example.

Open the .eqp [equipment] .sns [sensors] and .upc [upgrades] with wordpad then edit each 'StartDate=19380101' with the key compoent being 19380101 so that all the upgrades are there for the taking from day one.

I dont see any values for renown, so those cant be changed?

FOR OBVIOUS REASONS, MAKE A COPY OF EACH FILE BEFORE YOU CHANGE IT!

Kaleu_Mihoo
03-26-07, 06:12 PM
renown "cost" for them would probably be included in the basic.cfg, as it is in SH3. But it's only a guess, because I don't have this game (yet)
greets

Grunt
03-26-07, 07:11 PM
In the ammunition file, after each avail date you will see a number from 0 to 1500 or whatever. Thats the renown assigned to each item.

Also, I tried the above edits, and I am now able to load Mk 16 and Mk 27 torps on my gar class sub and its early 1942.

I am also sporting the best air and surface radars of the war.

Schlageter-JG26
03-26-07, 07:45 PM
Try running searches before posting the same data over again. Just sayin'

I've delved through all the files I can find and found numerous values of different types in relation to the AA and Deck Guns but have not, as yet, found a way to increase ammo. Unlocking everything for free is nice though. I love my '41 gad with SV, SJ-1, a pair of Twin-20mm and a pair of 5.25" guns fore and aft. She ROCKS!

One thing you CAN do is add torps to the sub. Just increase the number value for the reserve section (not the torpedo tubes themselves).

Grunt
03-27-07, 12:31 AM
Where exactly is the reserve torp area? folder/file name etc

nofxx
03-27-07, 01:58 AM
I will not lauch sh4.exe anymore until I can put more AA bullets.... that can't be right... only ~1000 AA bullets per patrol?

On my second patrol.. there must be an aircraft carrier close to midway.. to north..
there are tons of planes coming to you just a few miles west of midway....
4 planes down and you dont have more ammo.. and can't refit...
ruined my fun... i'm so sad....

bwchaney
03-27-07, 01:26 PM
Schlageter can you give a detailed description about how you increased your subs capacity to make it a super sub. I need all the help i can get. you can either pm me or explain to everyone else as im sure all would like to know. thanks in advance bwchaney