PDA

View Full Version : [WIP??] SD Radar fix?

AntEater
03-26-07, 01:50 PM
I tinkered a bit with the mini tweaker and set the two min height altitude values higher than their original values.
Now my SD doesnt pick up surface contacts anymore :)
But I sofar can't tell you wether it picks up air contacts.
I have ZERO experience with sensor modding, so I'd like to leave this to the pros....

(Edit):
Now it doesn't spot aircraft as well. Got sunk by one during testing ;)
But it was worth a try and maybe it is the right direction...

fire-fox
03-27-07, 02:00 AM
well it was posibull for an aircraft to sneek in under radar, but SD sets could also detect ships at short ranges saw i think its good as-is in the stock game as i have had plains that where unditected and JUST got to PD when thay drop there loads on me, but i have also detected some big merchants at ~5000 in good wether.

ref
03-27-07, 07:15 AM
I tinkered a bit with the mini tweaker and set the two min height altitude values higher than their original values.

You have to change only one of the values, one determines the minimum altitude at which the sensor starts working (ie: so it doesn't work underwater), the other the elevation at which it starts picking targets, you need to make some tests, I can't recall now which is which, you are in the right path :up: .

Ref

Immacolata
03-27-07, 07:27 AM
This is excellent news :) The SD radar is kind of cheating I feel, because Im being advised of ship contacts 30 km away.

Egan
04-01-07, 08:12 AM
How does one go about changing this?

Redwine
04-01-07, 08:21 AM
I have ZERO experience with sensor modding, so I'd like to leave this to the pros....

(Edit):

The way you use is correct....

But is correct to modify it ? I have not the knows to say if the radar must to detect or not surface contacts too...

I soupose... jus a soupose, if it can detect planes, it must to detect ships and mountains too.

But may be you are right and this radar was adjusted so it beam was over the surface. Needs some historical reserch.

But the way you use is correct, i rise up all radars to a minimun of 1 meter so i have a smaller chance to show my perioscope to them.

Same way you use to eliminate the surface ships. :up:

Many thanks for your job and effort :up::up::up:

U-Bones
04-01-07, 08:42 AM

(Edit):

For more info on this see this thread
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108471
Ducimus went over this ground already and you will find it helpful.

Ducimus
04-01-07, 10:04 AM
Theres two min heights.

Theres Min Height
and theres MinSensorHeight

Whatever MinSensorHeight does i havent been able to figure out, it may acutally be the key in fixing the SD radar to not pick up surface contacts at all. I tried experimenting with it, but didnt get any results that i could tell. So i ended up focusing on the Min Height.

The SD radar min height is super sensitive. If your figuring most ships are XX meters high, so set the SD radar XX+1 higher, it doesnt work that way. My best guess is that theres an incline of an unknown angle that radiates out from the soruce of the SD radar transmission (your sub), with the min height establishing itself on that incline.

Meaning a min high of 6 meters up close could end up being a min height of 50 meters at the very end of the radar's range. But again, this is a guess on my part.

At anyrate, heres how sensitive the min height is:

I ended up using a min height of 8.3.

At 8.4 it stopped picking up ANYTHING, and at 8.3025 i only picked up HALF of the amount of planes present, and the contacts that i did get were intermittant at best.

Farinhir
07-12-07, 07:41 AM
This is excellent news :) The SD radar is kind of cheating I feel, because Im being advised of ship contacts 30 km away.

Interesting. The SD in real life only should have had a range of 6 to 10 miles.

My problem is that I do not know if my SD is working at all. I go to surface to test it (not just snorkel depth), try to turn it on and get nothing. I try with my bound key. I try by clicking the toggle on the radar control and get nothing from any of it. Am I supposed to see a change on the screen at all? I have tested this even with an enemy plane right above my head and still get nothing. Or is there if fix that I have not found on these forums?

~F~

tater
07-12-07, 08:17 AM
1.3 fixes a large number of radar issues. It's out today supposedly.

tater