PDA

View Full Version : My favourite dials mod for GWX v.1.03

poor sailor
03-26-07, 11:43 AM
This is "My favourite mod" for GWX v.1.03. I released this mod because I really like it. This mod I just merged the mod by Ducimus from NYGM TW v.2.2 named "TW_periscope_TDC_for_GWX" and FLBSale "Simfeeling 6dials mod"

Here is some of pictures of this mod
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/1822/sh3img1rg3.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/8990/sh3img2gb3.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/5562/sh3img3pk3.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/931/sh3img4bf5.jpg

And the link http://files.filefront.com/My_fav_dials_GWX_1037z/;7037927;/fileinfo.html

If someone want this mod with SP2 HighRes mod enabled, must to do the following procedure:
Find the block in menu_1024_768.ini file
[G3F I34]
Name=Group feedback
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010000
ParentID=0x3F000000
;Pos=290,131,330,130
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
VertSlide=-141

and change the Pos line and VertSlide line into this:

;Pos=290,-200,330,130
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
VertSlide=-500

Hope You like this mod!

Letum
03-26-07, 05:06 PM
Ah! a dials mod where the messages bar does not slide!

Just what I wanted!

Thanks buddy! :up:

Txema
03-26-07, 05:15 PM
Poor Sailor,

Thank you very much for this mod.

I would like to use this mod together with the "Integrated Orders" mod. Is it possible to do it?

If not, could you please release a version of this mod that includes the "Integrated Orders" mod?

Thank you very much for your help !!!

Txema

von Zelda
03-26-07, 05:34 PM
Hey Poor Sailor,

Your mod is great. However, I'm using the Sliding Stations Panal Mod where the entire bottom slides out of view and the edges of the map don't make it move all over. I like to be able to see the three small dials (knots, direction, depth) at a quick glance at the bottom (stock GWX).

Therefore, is there any way to get only that part of the mod which allows for the TDC dials on the periscope and UZO views? And to have the Ctrl + T (or is Shift + T) function to be able to use the dials on these views.

Maraz
03-26-07, 05:37 PM
This is my favourite setting... thanks!
Maraz

poor sailor
03-27-07, 01:26 AM
Poor Sailor,

Thank you very much for this mod.

I would like to use this mod together with the "Integrated Orders" mod. Is it possible to do it?

If not, could you please release a version of this mod that includes the "Integrated Orders" mod?

Thank you very much for your help !!!

Txema
Sorry, but I for sure will not include "Integrated orders". I have not time for that and I think that the choice of using 6dials mod on this forum is enough. However, You may look JCWolf Upgrade dials tools, that mod contains integrated orders.

poor sailor
03-27-07, 01:31 AM
Hey Poor Sailor,

Your mod is great. However, I'm using the Sliding Stations Panal Mod where the entire bottom slides out of view and the edges of the map don't make it move all over. I like to be able to see the three small dials (knots, direction, depth) at a quick glance at the bottom (stock GWX).

Therefore, is there any way to get only that part of the mod which allows for the TDC dials on the periscope and UZO views? And to have the Ctrl + T (or is Shift + T) function to be able to use the dials on these views.
Maybe you should look at the Ducimus stand alone periscope and UZO mod from NYGM, I think that the mod contains everything you like. "My favorite dials mod" also contains this function CTRL+T to be able to use the function for TDC dials.

P_Funk
03-27-07, 04:43 AM
When I go to download it the connection times out. It also says that there have been 0 dloads. Hasn't anyone else tried this?:-?

DivingDuck
03-27-07, 06:22 AM
Moin,

When I go to download it the connection times out. It also says that there have been 0 dloads. Hasn't anyone else tried this?:-? Seems as if FileFront has severe download counter problems at the moment. I have the same problem with my FileFront account. Don´t care about. It´s most probably just an unlucky coincidence that you´ve experienced a connection time out while downloading. Try again later.

@poor sailor:
great work, indeed.

Regards,
DD

poor sailor
03-27-07, 10:08 AM
When I go to download it the connection times out. It also says that there have been 0 dloads. Hasn't anyone else tried this?:-?
Have tried right now and works o.k.;)

Tikigod
03-28-07, 08:16 AM
does this have integrated orders included yet?

poor sailor
03-28-07, 12:55 PM
does this have integrated orders included yet?
Now have http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109613

Tikigod
03-28-07, 01:21 PM
sweet. thanks for making an integrated orders version! I knew we would break you sooner or later....it was all just a matter of time.

poor sailor
03-28-07, 01:25 PM
sweet. thanks for making an integrated orders version! I knew we would break you sooner or later....it was all just a matter of time.
You have right!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jmr
03-28-07, 05:30 PM
Awesome! Exactly what I wanted too.

Ubåtskapten
03-28-07, 05:36 PM
Nice!

This one I must try out. The non-sliding message bar is just what I want.:smug:

Makr
04-03-07, 04:05 PM
Beautiful......Thank You!!

Jimbuna
04-03-07, 06:13 PM

CaptainAsh
04-28-07, 03:27 PM
I have one issue...

When using this mod, it gets rid of the default dial for speed, depth and course and it s what I m looking for. But, if I move my mouse in the bottom of the screen, the old dials are coming up in the left part of the screen and are not working. It s just visual polution and I really want to get rid of this old default dials.

My mod list in order of activation is this one :

GWX 1.03
GWX - 16km atmosphere
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - No Medals on crew
Torpedo damage Final
Type VII OpenHatch
Type IX OpenHatch
GWX - Main Movie "Das Boot"
Longer Wakes for GWX
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
My fav dials integrated

poor sailor
04-28-07, 05:07 PM
I have one issue...

When using this mod, it gets rid of the default dial for speed, depth and course and it s what I m looking for. But, if I move my mouse in the bottom of the screen, the old dials are coming up in the left part of the screen and are not working. It s just visual polution and I really want to get rid of this old default dials.

My mod list in order of activation is this one :

GWX 1.03
GWX - 16km atmosphere
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - No Medals on crew
Torpedo damage Final
Type VII OpenHatch
Type IX OpenHatch
GWX - Main Movie "Das Boot"
Longer Wakes for GWX
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
My fav dials integrated
Look at this thread and you have find answer http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109613
It's a #4 post from the begining, and my answer in #6. Hope this helps!;)

CaptainAsh
04-28-07, 05:15 PM
I took a look at the .ini file and got my own fix my setting pos=0,0,0,0 .

I m not used to mod SHIII but I think it could be more efficient to completely remove the group. But it means you have to remove any component who is into the group too. But it looks difficult to me as there is something realy weird in your mod... we have 3 or 4 item with the same ID (0x3F010000) so how can I know to which item is refering a ParentId=0x3F010000 :hmm:

GWX with all this mods enable is starting to take a while to load a patrol, maybe cleaning mod can upgrade the process :lol:

poor sailor
04-28-07, 05:30 PM
I took a look at the .ini file and got my own fix my setting pos=0,0,0,0 .

I m not used to mod SHIII but I think it could be more efficient to completely remove the group. But it means you have to remove any component who is into the group too. But it looks difficult to me as there is something realy weird in your mod... we have 3 or 4 item with the same ID (0x3F010000) so how can I know to which item is refering a ParentId=0x3F010000 :hmm:

GWX with all this mods enable is starting to take a while to load a patrol, maybe cleaning mod can upgrade the process :lol:
Well, I included everything is needed for this mod. This mod is just a merge of original FLB Sale "6dials simfeeling mod" and Ducimus "TW periscope stand-alone" mod. I didn't change anything, just made a compilation for my taste because I like that style of dials. That line I was mean

[G3F I34]
Name=Group feedback
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010000
ParentID=0x3F000000
;Pos=290,131,330,130
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
VertSlide=-141

and change the Pos line and VertSlide line into this:

;Pos=290,-200,330,130
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
VertSlide=-500

to fix your problem with visible dials is the fix from FLB Sale and I found that solution on this forum. JCWolf also have the same method of correcting this on his dials mod for users which use SP2 res fix. And for slow loading of GWX, well It have a biggest scripted campaign and that's the main reason. But it's not a big problem to me. This game is perfect to me.

CaptainAsh
04-28-07, 08:12 PM
Almost perfect to me... missing the wolf pack AI but it s not gonna happen :(

MarkShot
06-04-07, 03:18 PM
I applied the favorite dials fix to GWX 1.03. However, the rudder display still has a top portion showing a small compass bit. Did I download the wrong file to fix that?

Thanks.

MarkShot
06-04-07, 04:53 PM
One other question, I like the huge pop up nav dials. However, is there any way to have the numeric values still displayed continuously on the bottom of the screen? That was the one advantage of the stock dials is better situational awareness.

Thanks.

poor sailor
06-05-07, 01:42 AM
I applied the favorite dials fix to GWX 1.03. However, the rudder display still has a top portion showing a small compass bit. Did I download the wrong file to fix that?

Thanks.
That big rudder display have a little window on top showing the same time and compass position and that's the point.

poor sailor
06-05-07, 01:44 AM
One other question, I like the huge pop up nav dials. However, is there any way to have the numeric values still displayed continuously on the bottom of the screen? That was the one advantage of the stock dials is better situational awareness.

Thanks.
Sorry, but can't do it anything about that.

joegrundman
07-23-07, 09:06 PM
hi poor sailor!

I love the mod, but i think i prefer it without the 6dials component. I.e. with just the TDC.

I did this by cutting the relevant section from the menu,dial and command cfg and pasting onto a different cfg.

The dials appeared, sliding out correctly, but i couldn't get ctrl-t to activate them and the settings never appear to change even if i change them at the original tdc on the attack map screen.

Any idea where i went wrong?

thx

joe

poor sailor
07-24-07, 01:05 AM
hi poor sailor!

I love the mod, but i think i prefer it without the 6dials component. I.e. with just the TDC.

I did this by cutting the relevant section from the menu,dial and command cfg and pasting onto a different cfg.

The dials appeared, sliding out correctly, but i couldn't get ctrl-t to activate them and the settings never appear to change even if i change them at the original tdc on the attack map screen.

Any idea where i went wrong?

thx

joe
You may use the mod by Ducimus it's already like you wish without the 6dial. http://www.ducimus.net/sh3/release/TW_PeriTDC_For_GWX.7z

joegrundman
07-24-07, 05:48 AM
thanks for that, i'll give it a try:)

Mueller72
08-07-07, 03:28 PM
I really like this mod too!

I had an Issue with it that let me not change flotilla to 23rd / 29th (Salami) saying "new base (null)".

Deactivating it worked.

I guess activating again after flottila change will work too.

JScones gave me the hint that the de_menu.txt file contains the bases names. I diffed the original file and the changed but the base names are not different (only a part where the dials are added). Strange, but perhaps one of you can figure out what the problem was here.

Best Regards,
Mueller 72

poor sailor
08-07-07, 04:46 PM
Really sorry for that, probably I did something wrong with that file de_menu.txt:damn: . Now really I haven't time for correcting that, but I will promise that I will fix that when I release a final version of this mod when GWX v.1.04 came out.

NGT
01-14-08, 01:26 PM
Your work is very important for high "playability".

Do you have the intention to edit this work to be GWX2 / GWX2.1 compatible?
Really, I wait a month now for beginning playing GWX2…

Do you believe is possible merge it now ''as it is'' in GWX2 without CDT?

Thank you for sharing your work with us…:up:

poor sailor
01-14-08, 03:47 PM
Thank you for your interesting, have in plan to release this mod after v.2.1. Sorry for delaying (Yes, holidays and time spent with my family), but for now the most important thing is v.2.1. Hope you understand, just a little patience please. :up:

rulle34
01-14-08, 05:11 PM
Hello "Poor sailor".
Loooking forward to this new release.
Great work :up: