PDA

View Full Version : Crew Dying bug: Possible reason

Balu0
03-26-07, 11:04 AM
ok, This bug just happened me yesterday so I was looking for solution.. lurking around the forums...

EDITED: more tests show my original idea was wrong.. check post 4# for more info..

Schlageter-JG26
03-26-07, 11:50 AM
I've run between two islands with gun emplacements that were pretty clear in their message to me... they pounded the heck out of me!

Their range is definitely limited, and this was pre-patch. They stopped firing at whatever range.

Plus, remember.... if gun emplacements had unlimited range and always fired on you.... youldn't you be seeing random splashes at times within visible range of your sub?

CaptainCox
03-26-07, 12:05 PM
I think this is simply that a "bug" had it to some days ago, crew on watch would just start dying in the middle of nowhere, one after another, in the end I had like 12 guys dead or seriously wounded...can't be right can it? No damage on the boat what so ever, just a bunch of stone dead guys. Ünlez zere ist ein zpion ünboard...ein NAZI SHPY!

Balu0
03-26-07, 01:01 PM
ok, done some more testing.. this is the same with air attacks.. with not just the tower watch but the AA gun as well.. but not with the deck gun.

I was lucky with the test and an aircraft bombed me, had a little damage to the tower , the gun and the AA gun..

1st, damage control do not repair something that is not manned... if you do not man the deckgun and the AA, they simply not repair it (or not repair it at all and the guy who man it actualy doing the repair)

2nd after it gets repaired, it will suffer the same amount damage as the original (15/100 for my AA), this damage will also hurt the guy manning it.. if it is not manned it wont get damaged again.. the deckgun is OK it wont hurt your crew.. only the AA guns and the Watch in the tower ... starnge none the less...

3rd if you repair them, than remove the ppl from their slots, the tower and AA wont get damaged, but as soon as you put ppl there again they get the same amount of damage...

this repeated damage/repair is killing the crew.. slowly but steadily...

My question is, where are the parameters controling the Tower's damage... the AA is on on the tower so I thing the root of the problem is the tower's damage/repair parameters...

Lets figure this out guys, cus it make the game unplayable after you get any kind of damage...

EDIT.: There are Conning Tower files in ..\Data\Objects this files are .cam .val .dat .sim and .zon extensions... anyone know more about them... do we have a tool to edit them ? My neck on it that there is the surce of the problme.. since this bug only happening with the Conning Tower... any help apprichiated

Balu0
03-26-07, 01:36 PM
Just a quick test..

I put a guy in the AA gun, let it be repaired, the immedietly removed him...

AA gun is repaired, no sailor in it's slot... I save the game...

Exit, than reload... the gun is damaged to the same amount (15/100 in my case) as before the repairs...

Anyone know if thre are editable same game files wich store your sub's current damage levels? What I found in document and settings are only 1 cfg and a rest is uneditable (or not ?)

Balu0
03-27-07, 04:05 PM
Just a new theory:
After your AA or Conning tower gets damaged than repaired, equipment like the AA GUN itself, and for the watch the radar, start to malfunction even after repaired, simulating no correct repair or something...
but their malfunction chance is messed up or something and this is the reason they always fail time after time...

I just read somewhere here abou this malfunction feature being new in SH4.. wouldn't be surprised if it is bugged.

Anyone know wich file control this if this feature realy exist ?

rich57
04-27-07, 10:23 AM
I found by pure chance that if my crew were mysteriously dying on patrol return home[pre patch 1.2] ,was to save game and reload it...presto they were fit again of course they and others would begin to taper off again but just before entering port save and reload then dock with healthy crew.....ya
my present problem is that ive finished 11 missions and cannot dock in brisbane my allocated port.....would love to see a work around as i have become attached to the crew and i know they admire their skipper

-Pv-
04-30-07, 03:10 PM
I suspect a contributing factor to the problem with crew dying on save game reload is more attention needs to be given the crew right after reloading.

Depending on how close to the crew watch change the save/restore is, the game will add a large percent to the FATIGUE of the interior crew members on watch. The watch status bars will be real low or zero. If you just rush out and play without cycling healthy crew into the active watch, their 99% fatigue turns into diminishing health, then death. The more green the crew, the bigger the problem.
-Pv-