PDA

View Full Version : GWX bug(?) - No missions!

Perseus
03-26-07, 06:30 AM
Hi,

Downloaded & installed GWX, also dl'ed GWX 1.02, all over clean install of SH3 1.4b, but when I started the game, I get no missions, meaning: I don't get Kriegsmarine command telling me to go patrol this-or-that grid. Instead, I get '0' (literally).

Now I don't mind going off on a free-for-all, but is this normal? Went through GWX manual but could not find anything on this.

Is there a chance of me missing out on some hefty, purpose-built missions because of this?

Chrs & thnx,
P

Perseus
04-01-07, 07:25 AM
Hello GWX guys...? Does anybody have an answer to this problem?

Chrs,
P

bigboywooly
04-01-07, 07:47 AM
Is that a new career or an old one

The Munster
04-02-07, 01:41 AM
Hi are the orders for you to return to the same Port at the end of the [NULL] Patrol ?

JScones
04-02-07, 03:57 AM
More info please...

- Are you trying to load an existing career?
- If starting a new career, what Flotilla and Year did you select within SH3? And what is the start date on the calendar in the Barracks menu?

I suspect either a dodgy install OR you are trying to load a pre-existing career that is simply not compatible with the latest GWX.

FYI, a '0' patrol grid means that a patrol grid WAS found, and is literally '0' (a few exist - 1, 2, 7, 29 and 33 Flots have them but they are "out of career" scope, meaning they should never be received in the usual course of a career). A 'NULL' patrol grid means that no patrol grid was found, usually a result of an SH3-internal indexing problem.

Perseus
04-02-07, 08:04 AM
Hi,

Here is what I did, chronologically:

Installed SH3 - installed 1.4b patch - installed full GWX- installed GWX 1.02.

Then started game, new career. Grid position on first mission was '0', base was Kiel, longtitude etc was also '0'.

Game started - and when I went to bridge I thought Kiel to look unusually strange. Lots of calm water everywhere and a blue sky, but no Kiel.

Checked map and here I was, right at the world's '0' position in the sea of Guinea :doh:

Then sailed to Kiel (sank a destroyer screening HMS Rodney close to Gibraltar but had to leg it when other 3 destroyers came looking).

Reach Kiel, stock up, start new mission. 'Base was moved to: Wilhelmshaven'. Mission: '0'.
Base: Wilhelmshaven
Return base: Wilhelmshaven

?

To be sure: I don't mind all this that much but if this means that I'm missing out on certain special GWX missions one doesn't find in original SH3, I do mind.

pokara
04-02-07, 09:15 AM
I had the same problem some time ago.. And it was an 'error-myself' :oops:

You said: " Installed SH3 - installed 1.4b patch - installed full GWX- installed GWX 1.02. "

But I think that you did a 'reinstall'.. and maybe you didnt 'delete' your 'my documents\sh3' folder .. .. and.. .. maybe you didnt start a new game?? maybe loading from your 'old' (or stock) version ????

(sorry my english)

Perseus
04-03-07, 02:39 AM
:huh: I had the same problem some time ago.. And it was an 'error-myself' :oops:

You said: " Installed SH3 - installed 1.4b patch - installed full GWX- installed GWX 1.02. "

But I think that you did a 'reinstall'.. and maybe you didnt 'delete' your 'my documents\sh3' folder .. .. and.. .. maybe you didnt start a new game?? maybe loading from your 'old' (or stock) version ????

(sorry my english)

Think not cos I installed it on a clean, just-post-XP-install PC... Oh well. I get to KILL KILL KILL alright so I guess its no problem - as long as I don't miss out on any special missions :huh:

JScones
04-03-07, 03:04 AM
I had the same problem some time ago.. And it was an 'error-myself' :oops:

(sorry my english)
EXACTLY what I was gonna write. ;)

I can guarantee 500% that your GWX install is not clean - starting at 0 lat 0 long is indicative of conflicting files. Essentially, the base lat/long in your Flotilla.cfg is not/can not be found in your campaign files. No match = 0 lat 0 long = West Africa start.

This is usually caused by loading existing careers that are not compatible with updated mods, but will also occur if your installation is not completely "clean".