PDA

View Full Version : My radio playing tips (how-to)

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 12:30 PM
My radio playing tips:

-If you don't like the generic in-game music playing in the background whenever the radio is turned off, you can disable it by removing all of the generic music files from the Music folder located in your Data/Sound/Music folder. Do not remove the music.cfg file. If you do, the game will crash when loading. You can now listen to the radio and phonograph without the background music.

-Some people might not be able to hear the music very well in some radio station mods. Here's how to get louder radio station music and broadcasts...

1. Turn down the Sound Volume setting in the game options menu

2. Turn up the Music Volume setting in the game options all the way

3. Turn up you computer's volume

This should solve any problems with radio stations that are too quiet.

(if anyone already saw these tips in the Radio Honolulu thread, I apologize)

OneTinSoldier
03-25-07, 01:53 PM
Hi there nvdrifter,

Thanks for this. I think there might be a couple of items you might want to change though. I think it should be very specific and very correct. Unless I'm wrong...

I think you should change Data/Sound folder to Data/Sound/Music folder.

And I think you should change music.ini file to music.cfg file.

What I did, just now, was go into the Data/Sound/Music and create a folder in there named... Orig (for Original). Then I moved all the music files into it, just in case there ever needed for anything. You never know what the next patch might require.

Just trying to help.

Cheers m8

Dane
03-26-07, 07:55 AM
I thought I was being so careful and when I delted the music files as you mentioned, I failed to copy. I did just delete the generic music for background but would like to keep the original as was suggested byOneTinSoldier. Is is possible for you or someone to send me a copy of those files in a private email or on the board? Thanks

nvdrifter
03-26-07, 08:21 AM
Hi there nvdrifter,

Thanks for this. I think there might be a couple of items you might want to change though. I think it should be very specific and very correct. Unless I'm wrong...

I think you should change Data/Sound folder to Data/Sound/Music folder.

And I think you should change music.ini file to music.cfg file.

What I did, just now, was go into the Data/Sound/Music and create a folder in there named... Orig (for Original). Then I moved all the music files into it, just in case there ever needed for anything. You never know what the next patch might require.

Just trying to help.

Cheers m8
I really appreciate you catching those mistakes. I wrote those instructions yesterday and was pretty tired. Guess my brain wasn't working. Thanks! :up:

Dane
03-26-07, 12:32 PM
I was able to get the files replaced. Thanks. Problem solved