PDA

View Full Version : Need help please. Trying to fix short submerged range.. need stats

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 06:31 AM
Does anyone have submerged range stats for all the playable subs. For each sub, I need to know this: Maximum range in miles while running at 4 knots submerged. Thanks.

Banquet
03-25-07, 06:43 AM
The old Silent Hunter 1 manual has stats for a few of the subs;

Salmon;
85 miles at 5 knots submerged (it says in the notes 'battery capacity substantially increased' over previous subs)

T Class (not in SH4 I know - but this maybe an average the Salmon was increased over) - actually I think the Gar is a T class?
60 Miles at 5 knots submerged

Gato, Balao and Tench;
95 miles at 5 knots submerged

It doesn't give this info on the other subs unfortunately.

CrocodileDundee
03-25-07, 06:51 AM
Does anyone have submerged range stats for all the playable subs. For each sub, I need to know this: Maximum range in miles while running at 4 knots submerged. Thanks.

If you're looking for the actual values used in the game, look in each sub folder, hex edit *.sim file and look for the value next to E-propulsion (it is a 32bit float). That one is the Max speed underwater. After that there's the range (ranges...) - again 32bit float @ so and so knots.

I edited mine (doubled it) but now the battery is charging a little slower (I mean it still charges at the same rate, but there's more to charge :p)

Have fun with it.

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 07:02 AM
If you're looking for the actual values used in the game, look in each sub folder, hex edit *.sim file and look for the value next to E-propulsion (it is a 32bit float). That one is the Max speed underwater. After that there's the range (ranges...) - again 32bit float @ so and so knots.

I edited mine (doubled it) but now the battery is charging a little slower (I mean it still charges at the same rate, but there's more to charge :p)

Have fun with it.

That was my plan. I am going to make a new mod with new sub.sim files with corrected submerged ranges. Thanks for the reply. :rock:

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 07:02 AM
The old Silent Hunter 1 manual has stats for a few of the subs;

Salmon;
85 miles at 5 knots submerged (it says in the notes 'battery capacity substantially increased' over previous subs)

T Class (not in SH4 I know - but this maybe an average the Salmon was increased over) - actually I think the Gar is a T class?
60 Miles at 5 knots submerged

Gato, Balao and Tench;
95 miles at 5 knots submerged

It doesn't give this info on the other subs unfortunately.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. :up:

Redwine
03-25-07, 07:12 AM
Look at this topic, look the data added by Krupp (i understand for the Porpoise class)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108779&highlight=battery+life

12 hours is not even remotely enough. Here's some stats from original diagram USN Fleet submarines manualthingie.

Maximum Time Submerged and Cruising Range vs. Submerged Speed Knots

knots--miles(peace-time)-- miles (war-time) --hours(peace-time) -hours(war-time)
2 ------73 --------------100-110 ------------36 ----------------55
3 ------69 --------------100-105 ------------24 ----------------38
4 ------55 --------------83 -----------------14 -----------------24
5 ------40 --------------64 ------------------8.5 ---------------14.5
6 ------30 --------------48 ------------------5 -----------------9
7 ------20 --------------31 -----------------2.6 ----------------4.8
8 ------14 --------------23 -----------------1.6 ----------------2.6
9 ------9 ---------------15 ------------------1 -----------------1.5
10 -----10 --------------X--------------------X-----------------X

In game, the Porpoise class can do submerged travel (with 3 knots) about 33 nautical miles in 11.5 hours. After that the recharging took only 1 hour (from 9% to 100% battery charge).

Something is biased, and without TT Tweaker, we can't adjust those I guess.

I have not the game yet to help you with the search of the data in the exeditor...

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 07:31 AM
Look at this topic, look the data added by Krupp (i understand for the Porpoise class)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108779&highlight=battery+life

12 hours is not even remotely enough. Here's some stats from original diagram USN Fleet submarines manualthingie.

Maximum Time Submerged and Cruising Range vs. Submerged Speed Knots

knots--miles(peace-time)-- miles (war-time) --hours(peace-time) -hours(war-time)
2 ------73 --------------100-110 ------------36 ----------------55
3 ------69 --------------100-105 ------------24 ----------------38
4 ------55 --------------83 -----------------14 -----------------24
5 ------40 --------------64 ------------------8.5 ---------------14.5
6 ------30 --------------48 ------------------5 -----------------9
7 ------20 --------------31 -----------------2.6 ----------------4.8
8 ------14 --------------23 -----------------1.6 ----------------2.6
9 ------9 ---------------15 ------------------1 -----------------1.5
10 -----10 --------------X--------------------X-----------------X

In game, the Porpoise class can do submerged travel (with 3 knots) about 33 nautical miles in 11.5 hours. After that the recharging took only 1 hour (from 9% to 100% battery charge).

Something is biased, and without TT Tweaker, we can't adjust those I guess.

I have not the game yet to help you with the search of the data in the exeditor...
Thank for that info. After looking at the submerged numbers in vanilla SH4, it looks like the fleet boats' submerged ranges are short by about 10 miles at 2 knots. This can be easily fixed.

Banquet
03-25-07, 07:40 AM
Great stuff. I was hoping someone would look into this :)

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 07:53 AM
I found some good US sub stats here for anyone who is interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_submarines_of_the_United_States_Navy

nvdrifter
03-25-07, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know if the game specs for each sub in SH4 are measured in nautical miles or regular miles?

Banquet
03-25-07, 08:22 AM
The ruler measures nautical miles with the imperial setting so I imagine the game does the same.. however, the radio ranges in the contacts.cfg are in kilometres so it could be that..