PDA

View Full Version : Modversion 1.0 or 1.1?

rulle34
03-25-07, 05:47 AM
Hello all modders.
Great work from all of you.:up:

Just have a slight suggestion: since we now have a patch 1.1 for SH 4, i suggest that when a mod is released, just name if the mod is a 1.0 or 1.1 version. I think this will be even more crucial when UBI releases more patches (I hope..) and the mods are increasing in numbers and when merging great mods are starting..etc.
Don't want to be an nagger, just a suggestion and this perhaps can contribute with less CTD´S.
:lol:

rulle34
03-29-07, 04:12 PM
Bump!
No thought´s about this?

PAW
03-29-07, 09:24 PM
No thoughts? Probably because people feel it's a good argument and don't feel there's anything to add :)

Yeah i know i'm not a modder. Don't even know how. Just thought i'd add my 2 cents. I prefer beta testing and adding version numbers is crucial to getting it right.

panthercules
03-29-07, 10:49 PM
This really would be useful to us mod consumers - you could always reserve the first two numbers to match the patch version of the game, and still have the third number for revision numbers of the mod itself (so a new mod first released now would be version 1.1.0 of the mod, and if it was tweaked/updated before the next patch comes out, it would go to being version 1.1.1, etc.) - it really is tough after the first couple of patches to remember which mods came out during which patch cycle and what works with what. Most modders are pretty good about specifying at some point (in a readme or forum post) whether their mod is compatible or has been tested with the latest patch version, but using this sort of numbering scheme would make it a lot easier to tell at a glance before downloading and stuff.

A good follow-on to the forum posting tags that really help us quickly tell the difference between requests, releases, etc. Great idea!