PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Sea effects reduction mod (FPS)

gouldjg
03-24-07, 10:44 AM
I am getting 20fps max no matter what direction I look at and think the sea is the result and should be looked at by a skilled modder.

Now I used to only get low fps when looking at convoys but this is not the case anymore (Ships only reduce fps by 2-3 fps.

Is there anyway to get sh3 Sea into sh4 or to reduce all the sh4 effects and waves etc.

I do not care for the glossy/shiny look and can live without it till I get a better pc upgrade.

At the moment, I have removed Vegetation and undersea files from the libary but not much joy.

What other files can I snoop at as this is not my area.

Redwine
03-24-07, 11:50 AM
I am getting 20fps max no matter what direction I look at and think the sea is the result and should be looked at by a skilled modder.

Now I used to only get low fps when looking at convoys but this is not the case anymore (Ships only reduce fps by 2-3 fps.

Is there anyway to get sh3 Sea into sh4 or to reduce all the sh4 effects and waves etc.

I do not care for the glossy/shiny look and can live without it till I get a better pc upgrade.

At the moment, I have removed Vegetation and undersea files from the libary but not much joy.

What other files can I snoop at as this is not my area.

Do you use an onboard sound card... ?

I was having serious FPS problems with SH3, and changing my onboard sound card by a PCI one... Whow ! FPS rise up was incredible !

Hartmann
03-24-07, 12:00 PM
Perhaps removing placton, and reducing the water transparency by modding.

Someone noticied some framerate difference moving the graphic options slides down ?? :88)

gouldjg
03-24-07, 12:29 PM
I want to try and just put sh3 sea files into sh4 but no longer have any sh3 files or disk.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Its either the sea or the fog that is cramming me up with regards to fps unless something completely new has been added so you get same effect no matter what diection you look in.

As for the sound card, yes I have a PCI card though I think SB live may be a bit outdated.

Maybe try and get the latest drivers will do it?

I am sure I should be able to squeeze better low end performance out of this game?.

I will be happy at anything above 25 fps.

UBOAT234
03-24-07, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I have resolved with a new Graphic Card: ATI Radeon X1950XT

BEST REGARDS
UBOAT234

gouldjg
03-24-07, 02:01 PM
I am paying back on my works credit card so no such chance yet.

Soon though.