PDA

View Full Version : [REL] H.M.S. Repulse for SH4

Warhunter
03-23-07, 01:28 PM
FIRST ship Conversion

Just converted the BC Repulse for SH4.

//edit: Updated now using the real turrets

Download: http://files.filefront.com/HMS_Repulse_for_SH4rar/;7010664;/fileinfo.html

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4947/snap0395oy1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Spaxspore
03-23-07, 01:34 PM
wow, great work:up:

castorp345
03-23-07, 01:37 PM
beautiful!!

AG124
03-23-07, 01:53 PM
The modding has begun, and it didn't take very long either.:up: She actually does look much better with the SHIV engine - cetainly a welcome edition to the game.:D

Is anyone else here working on any conversions? I would start myself, but I can't operate the game on my laptop.

Warhunter
03-23-07, 02:12 PM
It is quite easy to convert ships for Sh4. Just take the SH3 files alter the .cfg's a little bit and done.

The only problems is that some of the guns/turrets of Sh3 are missing. You have to take equivalent ones.

AG124
03-23-07, 02:17 PM
But with unarmed versions of merchants, there would be no problem at all, would there?:o If so, then there are some conversions that could be done there.:hmm:

What about the damage model?

Warhunter
03-23-07, 02:24 PM
no, there wouldn't be any problems...

- The "Roster" file is exactly the same

- no need of "englishnames.cfg" (Sh4 isn't using the file anymore)

- You have only to add these lines to the .cfg in the Data/Sea/YourShip folder:

ClassName=BCRepulse
3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NBC_Repulse/NBC_Repulse --> new(use the name of the folder for the path
UnitType=11
MaxSpeed=28.8
Length=262.3
Width=32
Mast=54.8
Draft=10.1
Displacement=48360
DisplacementVariation=5 --> new
RenownAwarded=2500
CrewComplement=25 --> new
SurvivalRate=80 --> new
SurvivalPercentage=60 --> new

So you don't need SH4 to convert your ships :D

AG124
03-23-07, 02:33 PM
In about an hour, I'm going to convert most of my merchants to SHIV format (I would like to convert them myself).:D That is, if anyone actually wants them for SHIV. These are the ones I will convert:

Pyro Ammunition Freighter.
Converted Whale Factory.
Empire Celt.
Chatham.
Passenger Cargo.
Lightship - if it works.
Plus some stock merchants.

I'm not going to convert the Proteus or the Belize - the Belize is almost identical to the NKSQ, and the Proteus is useless for the Pacific. The Brooklyn class CL is already in SHIV, and the Condotieri V CL is no use to the Pacific. Also, ref never got a chance to UV Map the Rose Castle, so I will leave her out too.

Warhunter (or someone else who's game works), would you be able to test these ships very briefly for me and post screenshots tonight?

Donner
03-23-07, 02:42 PM
In about an hour, I'm going to convert most of my merchants to SHIV format (I would like to convert them myself).:D That is, if anyone actually wants them for SHIV. These are the ones I will convert:

Pyro Ammunition Freighter.
Converted Whale Factory.
Empire Celt.
Chatham.
Passenger Cargo.
Lightship - if it works.
Plus some stock merchants.

I'm not going to convert the Proteus or the Belize - the Belize is almost identical to the NKSQ, and the Proteus is useless for the Pacific. The Brooklyn class CL is already in SHIV, and the Condotieri V CL is no use to the Pacific. Also, ref never got a chance to UV Map the Rose Castle, so I will leave her out too.

Warhunter (or someone else who's game works), would you be able to test these ships very briefly for me and post screenshots tonight?

Heck yeah we want 'em!! :up:

It'd be nice to have the whale factory in game for creating scenarios with Tonan Maru #2 and Tonan Maru #3! Sa-weet! :ping: :ping: :ping:

AG124
03-23-07, 03:03 PM
Beginning the process now.:up:

NoLine
03-23-07, 03:12 PM
AG, the Repulse and the prince of Wales both get sunk in the first day of the game
Good work though :up:

cheers
NoLine

AG124
03-23-07, 03:31 PM
It was Warhunter who converted his Repulse model, actually. I am working on merchants. These are the ones I will add this evening:

Small Merchant.
Coastal Merchant.
Small Coastal Vessel (good stand in for a sea truck).
C2
C3
T2
Small Tanker
Empire Celt
Passenger/Cargo
Pyro
Converted Whale Factory
Chatham

I will add the NPTR and NKGN too, if Sergbuto doesn't mind.

matzeesn
03-23-07, 03:45 PM
Am I right, that you will change all the guns?
I moved the Scharnhorst to SH4, and take the guns-data with her. It works great. All mainguns are working, the antiaircraft I didn't test.

Greetings, Matze

Ps: sorry for my bad english

AG124
03-23-07, 03:54 PM
I wasn't planning on saving the guns, as most of these are unarmed anyway. Whoever wants to can arm them later. I do have the game installed on my laptop right now, but I don't know how to check to see what guns are actually included with SHIV.

AG124
03-23-07, 04:15 PM
Warhunter, do the C3, C2, T2, Small Tanker, Small Merchant, or Coastal Merchant have any weapons nodes which might not work in SHIV? Should I nullify any or all of the existing ones for these ships?

BTW - I have renamed the SHIII KSQ and KSS to avoid conflicts with the new ones, which are different but have the same file names.

CaptainCox
03-23-07, 04:22 PM
WOW! I think we are slowly heading for a German Atlantic MOD!.... I so wish that SH4 was going to be that! ... ;)

Sailor Steve
03-23-07, 04:26 PM
Do they have the little guys running all over them?

matzeesn
03-23-07, 04:27 PM
Most of the merchants need no guns, thats right. I thought you will convert some of the battleships, too. I only want that you know that it works fine with the 3 guns-files form sh3. I just put them into the library-folder of sh4.

AG124
03-23-07, 04:59 PM
I have the merchant pack put together - it just needs to be tested by someone with a running copy of the game. I have the file structure put together correct as well, and will provide the names for the English.cfg file in the roster.

Also, if someone wants to correct the .eqp file with SHIV compatible objects, then please do. I nullified all entries just to be sure.

BTW - I would just like to point out that although I can't play the game, I do have the files installed on my computer and can view them there.

EDIT - I'm transferring this to a new thread, rather than hijacking this one.

Warhunter
03-23-07, 05:14 PM
matzeesn is absolutly correct, JUST COPY THE GUNS.DAT ; GUNS.SIM and GUNS.ZON from SH3 "Library" folder to SH4 Library.. And the guns/turrets of SH3 are working in SH4 !!

Warhunter
03-23-07, 05:36 PM
Download updated, now using the correct SH3 armament

Boris
03-23-07, 07:46 PM

That's what I want to know too. And what about the torpedo hole hits? Is there going to be a noticeable difference in quality between SH3 and SH4 ships?

phatmatt
03-23-07, 09:46 PM
That's what I want to know too. And what about the torpedo hole hits? Is there going to be a noticeable difference in quality between SH3 and SH4 ships?

I third that too :up:

walsh2509
03-23-07, 10:28 PM
I know nothing about how all this works , but great to hear you guys going it. Thanks..

1Q .. Will the damage be the same as the stock SH4 ships or will it be SH3 damage?

Not that it really matters

AG124
03-23-07, 10:54 PM
I have no idea what damage model type will show up - I presume the old one. I can't run the game, so I can't test for sure. However, I will soon be releasing a BETA of the merchants and a few warships for other modders with SHIV access to test.

EDIT - Now it's uploaded - check my FileFront site to download it.:hmm:

Koinonos
03-23-07, 11:10 PM
I clicked the link and it seem to go to a completely different page. Searched on repulse and got 6 hits, none of which are the HMS repulse mod you just released. Is it just me or did you remove the files for the link?

Thanks,
shanec (Koinonos)

AG124
03-23-07, 11:15 PM
I didn't release the Repulse - that was Warhunter. I released a BETA version of a package of different ships from SHIII - it is called ShipsBETA.zip.

EDIT - In regards to Warhunter's link, it seems there was an error with FileFront. I don't know what is causing it, but maybe Warhunter can upload it somewhere else for you.

Warhunter
03-24-07, 02:37 AM
I corrected the link

Madox58
03-24-07, 03:19 AM
If You add a ship with multi skins it won't work.
If you use DCRack_SH4 the nodes need moved.
That much I know so far.
Animated crew need to be added through addition of nodes.
P01 and on.
Some addition to the config files also:

CrewComplement=80
SurvivalRate=70
SurvivalPercentage=20

And some ships require more with this.

The multi-skin problem appears to be the 10/-1 and 6/0 chunks.
They need to be changed to the SH4 10/-1 and 6/0 chunks for render.

Madox58
03-24-07, 05:13 AM
I know nothing about how all this works , but great to hear you guys going it. Thanks..

1Q .. Will the damage be the same as the stock SH4 ships or will it be SH3 damage?

Not that it really matters

There are 2 additional objects for 3d damage.
Easy enuff to add this feature to existing ships by
copying the f and b sections, reproduce damage like an existing
SH4 damage model, then add the objects with hex editor.

alpha249
06-07-07, 07:08 AM
:rock: :rock: :rock: lol cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo olllllllll:rock: :rock: :rock: :up: :up: :up: :up: Repusleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol sry bout that :D btw can i do that as a playable ship?

ivank
05-19-08, 03:23 PM
1.5?

Will-Rommel
05-30-08, 04:57 PM
Why can't you put this JSGME ready?

The changes to guns.zon etc... have altered my playable pocket BB graphics. Now there's some turrets that are completely blacked out with no textures.

I can't get rid of it yet because i don't know what to look for in the guns files. Re-installing is far from appealing either. So what should i supress to get back the files before your work over?

JSGME! JSGME! Remember this!

akdavis
05-30-08, 05:12 PM
Why can't you put this JSGME ready?

The changes to guns.zon etc... have altered my playable pocket BB graphics. Now there's some turrets that are completely blacked out with no textures.

I can't get rid of it yet because i don't know what to look for in the guns files. Re-installing is far from appealing either. So what should i supress to get back the files before your work over?

JSGME! JSGME! Remember this!

You do realize that Warhunter's last post in this thread was over a year ago, don't you?

Ramboxxx88
06-06-08, 03:00 AM
can you play this if it be install with JSGME

Ishigami
06-06-08, 12:23 PM
No this is an AI unit.

chrysanthos
02-05-11, 12:41 PM
not working:/ damn that filefront...rapidshare for ever:D

sidslotm
02-07-11, 11:23 AM
yeah, looks like the files been deleted by fileshare?

sid

Hitman
02-07-11, 01:04 PM
IIRC the Repulse is included in RSRD and OM

chrysanthos
03-06-11, 03:10 PM
first of all your link for repulse is dead and second is it playble?

chrysanthos
03-19-11, 03:02 PM
reupload please:( and it is playble?

Karle94
03-19-11, 04:31 PM
reupload please:( and it is playble?

She`s not playable.

chrysanthos
04-20-11, 11:53 AM
why she is not playble:( at least tell me how to do her please:/

Karle94
04-20-11, 06:46 PM
why she is not playble:( at least tell me how to do her please:/

Don`t ask me why she isn`t playable, I didn`t make her. As for telling you how to make playable ships there are tutorials in a sticky thread that tells you how to make playable ships.

nihatigos
01-03-15, 07:35 AM
Can you re-upload plz :ping:

Aktungbby
01-03-15, 03:02 PM
nihatigos! :Kaleun_Salute:the last post's a little dated but some mod savant will help; hang tough!

nihatigos
01-04-15, 07:11 AM
but all links are dead :wah:

Nemesis1024
02-16-15, 07:46 AM
I know this is an old thread guys though I was wondering if anyone still had the ship file that they could link me to?

Pm me if you do please!

Admiral Von Gerlach
02-21-15, 10:17 PM
I may have these files on my archive but will try to contact the maker first to be sure he is ok with them being shared. That is our way here, and a chain of trust not to be broken.