PDA

View Full Version : Disabling "Ambient" music while keeping gramaphone

Skweetis
03-21-07, 11:13 PM
I edited my music.cfg file, just set the "counters" for all sections to zero. I have a feeling that crew voices are also linked to the "Music" volume slider (since at the beginning of the career, the admirals voice is missing if you mute music. Just testing to see if this allows crew to notify you of damage.

By default I turn off the ingame music, as I find it distracting, but based on the career briefing findings, I wonder if the crew announcements are linked.

Anyway I'll let you know my findings.

Skweetis
03-21-07, 11:15 PM
Okay, those settings make SH4 bork when loading the patrol. Gonna see what else I can do, short of inserting "blank" ogg files. At least I heard the briefing voice this time.

Skweetis
03-22-07, 12:03 AM
Well, despite many different configurations, I couldnt get this to work. Gonna need dummy ogg files instead. Unless, of course, the eventually patch it ala SH3 where the in game music is a different toggle than the gramaphone/radio settings.

And upon review of the notes of the upcoming 1.1 patch, it seems apparent the missing voices arent working yet (the files are there, but they arent being called I guess)

Anyhoo.... just ignore this thread. Move along. Nothing to see here.

NoLine
03-22-07, 10:03 AM
You dont need phony *.ogg files, just delete everything in the music fiolder except *.cfg

cheers
NoLine

Skweetis
03-22-07, 10:29 AM
THat makes me happy, thanks! Ill try it when I get home.

longdog499
03-22-07, 01:51 PM
NoLine.I don't get SHIV till Saturday and so I can't find out for myself till then so can you please tell me if your little 'mod' means the game background music can be turned off while still using the Gramophone and are the music files ogg files like in SHIII? Thanks in advance.

NoLine
03-22-07, 02:54 PM
NoLine.I don't get SHIV till Saturday and so I can't find out for myself till then so can you please tell me if your little 'mod' means the game background music can be turned off while still using the Gramophone and are the music files ogg files like in SHIII? Thanks in advance.

yes music is gone (enable it in options though) and rest is present (gramaphone etc)
was same in first sh3 version

cheers
NoLine

longdog499
03-22-07, 03:01 PM
Great!Thanks for your 'discovery' and your reply.:up:

Deep Six
03-22-07, 03:44 PM
Hey nice call on the no music mod......Gramaphone is purdy music though.....

Deep six

pcelt
03-23-07, 01:18 PM
I should like to do this as well but am not clear about the *.cfg bit to leave in Music folder. How exactly do you do this please --from a computer illiterate.....
Many thanks for a guideline here.

Barkhorn1x
03-23-07, 01:26 PM
Here you go:

1. Find the Music Folder
2. Make a new folder in that folder = name it "Backup" or something
3. Move all ".OGG" files into that folder
4. The ONLY file that should be left in the main Music folder should be ".CFG"

Done. Close and play.

castorp345
03-23-07, 01:37 PM
alternatively one can just set Music=No in the [SOUND] section of Main.cfg

tommyk
03-23-07, 03:48 PM

dont you lose the grammophone then?

I made myself a little JSGME-MOD that replaces the unneeded files with 'silence' so I can keep the grammophon and music in menu (I dont know if its save to edit them out of the cfg)...

http://www.tomtomtom.net/sh4/mods/tommyk_silence_music_(v1.0).rar

letterboy1
03-23-07, 05:34 PM
Is there a randomization mod yet? With GWX, gramophone music played randomly everytime you started it. I hated using the gramophone before that because everytime I cranked it up, it started with the same song.

castorp345
03-23-07, 06:04 PM
dont you lose the grammophone then?
nope.
grammophone works just fine.