PDA

View Full Version : GWX Icon Colors

Seaman Staines
03-18-07, 08:48 AM
Guten Tag, Kaleuns,

I've been playing around with GWX for almost a week now with mixed results. I'm sinking ships but, as often as not, I'm sinking neutrals along with legitimate targets; especially at night. It seems my tired old eyes are having trouble discerning which flag my intended victim is flying. Is there a way to restore the colors to the map icons (red, green, blue)? GWX paints all ships on the map a lovely shade of grey. Aside from being a cheery color, it forces us blind kaleuns to "take a shot in the dark" and hope we don't get spanked for sinking something we're not supposed to. There's only so much you can blame on Bernard...

Thanks

Jimbuna
03-18-07, 01:37 PM
Go to my sig and download the 'color contacts' file :up:

Hakahura
03-18-07, 02:22 PM
Or just get closer &

BE MORE AGGRESIVE!

MRV
03-18-07, 02:30 PM
This is just the way it was back then ;)

STEED
03-18-07, 02:33 PM

Spot on. :know:

Seaman Staines
03-18-07, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Jimbuna. Color Contacts did the trick.

Jimbuna
03-19-07, 05:33 AM
Your welcome 'spunky' :lol: :arrgh!:

JScones
03-19-07, 06:18 AM

Spot on. :know:
Sorry, but I beg to differ. I have reliable information that suggests that Prien installed the coloured pencil mod in his boat in early 1940. Made it so much easier for him to plot ships. How do you think he sunk so many enemy ships and not neutral? It was the red pencil. :yep:

:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
03-19-07, 07:08 AM
That's correct, IIRC Bdienst cracked the Admiralty convoy codes which enabled them to access the War Cabinet File Front account. Therefore enabling them to download the apropriate file. :D

HW3
03-19-07, 07:09 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: JScones, that is classic! :up:

PhantomLord
03-19-07, 08:50 AM
Or just get closer &

BE MORE AGGRESIVE!
It´s very hard to examine flags at night. They´re illuminated....right. Maybe i´m too blind but i can´t see anything even if i´m side by side with them ( 50 - 100 meters). I´ve tested it yesterday with a neutral cargo at dutch coast. Nothing to see but this little candle light illuminating a fluttering thing called flag...