[WIP] for work-in-progress mods
[REL] for released mods
[REQ] for mod requests
[TEC] for technical discussions

A few examples:
[TEC] How can I edit .sim files?
[REQ] More deck gun ammo
[WIP] Skin repaint for Gato class

One advantage is that you can search for those tags using the forum search, this make it possible to, for example, get a list of all released or WIP mods.

Safe-Keeper
03-18-07, 04:20 AM
As long as people stick to this and you moderator(s) do a good job updating thread tags (from [WIP] to [REL], for example), and tagging threads made by people who overlook or forget about this system, this should work just great and be a great tool for all of us. It could even replace the "List of mods" sticky if done right, as all you'd have to do would be search for threads with "[REL]" in their topic header.

Good idea, Gizzmoe.

Gizzmoe
03-18-07, 04:50 AM
Regarding the updating of thread tags from [WIP] to [REL], people need to inform us when that needs to be done.

AG124
03-21-07, 02:12 PM
I didn't see this sticky when I started my Shipping thread here yesterday, and as a result I neglected to use a tag.:damn: I will be sure to use the system from now on - but for now, I see that the thread title has been changed appropriately by a moderator.

sh3rules
03-22-07, 03:59 PM
This is a great idea; it will significantly simplify the process of searching for files :up:.

geetrue
03-24-07, 09:39 PM
You have probably already thought of it, but shouldn't the tag REL be a sticky?

Then you can pick from among the finished mods for the one you want ... :yep:

Gizzmoe
03-25-07, 12:32 AM
You have probably already thought of it, but shouldn't the tag REL be a sticky?:yep:

You can use the forum search to find all released mods, simply search for [REL].

Onkel Neal
03-26-07, 12:09 PM
Please use the following tags when you start a new thread:

[WIP] for work-in-progress mods
[REL] for released mods
[REQ] for mod requests
[TEC] for technical discussions

A few examples:
[TEC] How can I edit .sim files?
[REQ] More deck gun ammo
[WIP] Skin repaint for Gato class

One advantage is that you can search for those tags using the forum search, this make it possible to, for example, get a list of all released or WIP mods.

Genius :up:

Did you come up with this on your own? Or is this some kind of standard? Makes finding stuff much easier.

thanks
Neal

castorp345
03-26-07, 12:31 PM
and to think we've all gone lo! these many years in such a sorry state of disorganization!
:o

what a terrific improvement this is!!
:yep:
:rock:

Gizzmoe
03-26-07, 02:26 PM
Did you come up with this on your own?

No, I saw it the first time like a year ago on Elderscrolls.com and immediately liked the idea, itīs very helpful in different ways.

Gizzmoe
03-27-07, 02:59 PM
Please use the [MIS] tag for Mission Editor threads, until we get a separate ME forum.

BBury
04-08-07, 10:18 AM
NM>

sqk7744
04-13-07, 11:14 AM
Sorry for the question, just had a thought...
Is there a "calling all cars/general broadcast message ability when logging in to the boards as an added Heads-up for stuff like the new tagging convention or other stuff?

I know the default is to read the stickies and then Pass Go.

Sometimes I'll log on and click my run-down list of threads I posted to.

Just a thought, I'll leave quietly. :oops:

Onkel Neal
04-13-07, 02:22 PM
Is there a "calling all cars/general broadcast message ability when logging in to the boards as an added Heads-up for stuff like the new tagging convention or other stuff?

There isn't, but thanks for the suggestion. We will see if we can find a good solution for that.

Neal

sqk7744
04-13-07, 03:20 PM
Thanks Neal, just a thought.

I find log-on messages very helpful for spreading the word when doing system maint. announcements.

* Great Forum and folks here :up:

cheers,
-Alex

skwasjer
07-26-07, 04:24 AM
I have another suggestion to improve search functionality across the board. The idea is to include a section in the first post with keywords the user wishes to associate with the type of thread, something like:

<main post>

Keywords: keyword1, keyword2, ...

This may not apply to every thread, but could be used by posters when they see fit.