PDA

View Full Version : Question about 16KM Mod

WolfyBrandon
03-17-07, 08:18 PM
Hey all,

Now that I have my new graphics card ive been wanting to try that 16km mod. I installed it and it works great except when I play the Bismark mission there is no fog and the sky is blue even though its in the middle of a thunder storm. Is this normal? Will I still expierence fog and storms when i play the campaign?

Thanks,
Wolfy

JCWolf
03-17-07, 10:40 PM
Hey all,

Now that I have my new graphics card ive been wanting to try that 16km mod. I installed it and it works great except when I play the Bismark mission there is no fog and the sky is blue even though its in the middle of a thunder storm. Is this normal? Will I still expierence fog and storms when i play the campaign?

Thanks,
Wolfy

It s normal , cause if you notest the Sea condicion its rather Revolving with waves...

Also do not get confused betwin the weather sounds and the Battle sounds betwin the English Naval force and the Bismark...:up:

Jimbuna
03-18-07, 06:45 AM
I presume your playing GWX...if that's the case you should experience no problems with the weather or the motion/behaviour of the boat in inclement weather either :arrgh!:

Rubini
03-19-07, 10:29 AM
Hey all,

Thanks,
Wolfy

I guess that the others replies aren't exactly what you are asking , no?
(I can be wrong because my english is not so good).
But, Savages, yes, the 16km have some small side effects that never were well fixed. One of them is the absence (not totally indeed) of fog, the other is the Vampire crew night vision.
In the other hand, the weather conditions works well as in stock (cloudy/storms/rain).

So, replying your first question: yes, 16km have some problems with fog.

Jimbuna
03-19-07, 02:30 PM
Hey all,

Thanks,
Wolfy

But, Savages, yes, the 16km have some small side effects that never were well fixed. One of them is the absence (not totally indeed) of fog, the other is the Vampire crew night vision.
In the other hand, the weather conditions works well as in stock (cloudy/storms/rain).

Gotta agree with the vampire crew :yep: But a little suprised about the fog because sometimes I think I've gotten everybody else's share. :hmm:
Just my personal gaming experience mind you :up:

WolfyBrandon
03-19-07, 07:21 PM

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, been a little busy.

Thanks for all the replys, rubini you answerd my question. That sux it totally removes fog from the game. I love patrols in the middle of a storm with low visibility, makes for a dangerous/exciting patrol. I used the bismark mission because I wanted to test my FPS during that storm with the 16km mod and when I saw a clear sky with no fog I was a little upset. I guess I wont be useing the 16km mod after all... :cry:

Wolfy

Rubini
03-19-07, 07:59 PM
Wolf,

But take in mind that 16km don´t removes cloudy sky or storms!
16km only removes a bit that fog on the horizon. Nothing more.
So perhaps if you don´t saw storm on Bismarck SM probably you have the wrong Env files installed or something more bad installed with the mod.
Let us know if this fix the problem to you.:hmm:

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, been a little busy.

Thanks for all the replys, rubini you answerd my question. That sux it totally removes fog from the game. I love patrols in the middle of a storm with low visibility, makes for a dangerous/exciting patrol. I used the bismark mission because I wanted to test my FPS during that storm with the 16km mod and when I saw a clear sky with no fog I was a little upset. I guess I wont be useing the 16km mod after all... :cry:

Wolfy

WolfyBrandon
03-20-07, 12:09 AM
Humm,

Well when I downloaded it I was hoping that it was modded in such a way that on a clear sky the sight distance was increased where it didn’t render the fog on the horizon, but there would still be fog in the game if the environment conditions would actually have fog at a set distance. Maybe that’s the way it is and the single mission has a problem or something, even though it showed a clear sky and no fog I could hear the thunder of the storm while playing. Anyway, I downloaded the mod a while ago incase the download links became unavailable for it at a later date and the mod only included some modded scene.dat files (scene_lod6, scene_lod8 etc etc) is there other files needed?

Wolfy

Henri II
03-20-07, 02:34 AM
I'm not sure what version of the 16 km mod you use, the one that comes with GWX defintaly has fog in it. Nothing like being surprised in dense fog by a cruiser. The Bismark mission in my install also has all the weather effects it should have, fog, clouds etc. Are you sure everything is OK with your install?

WolfyBrandon
03-20-07, 03:52 AM
I'm 100% sure my install is fine. There is only ever a problem with the fog when the 16km mod is installed. The mod file i downloaded said something about 16km fog fixed. Maybe there was an earlier version of the mod that had this problem and a new version was released to fix it and the name got mixed up and I got an old version, or then again maybe not I dont know. If you use the 16km mod and the bismark mission is fine, I would like to try out your scene.dat file to see if that helps.

Wolfy