PDA

View Full Version : First Video Released!

Chad
03-14-07, 01:53 AM
This is a short video (or should I say trailer). Please don't judge it as a trailer or the vid, but on the graphics, and how it looks. Thus it's in the Graphics Showcase.

www.chadmcrae.com/IronCoffins31407.wmv (http://www.chadmcrae.com/IronCoffins31407.wmv)

I was pursuaded to make it more of a trailer in IRC than a technical video showing what all I have done in order to get more interest, so hopefully it worked!

"Brace for comments herr commadore!"

Letum
03-14-07, 04:45 AM
impressive. Are you looking for help?

Deamon
03-14-07, 06:18 AM
That looks realy neat mate. :up:

I'm woundering what kind of a skytexture you are using it looks realy good ? :hmm:

dcb
03-14-07, 09:46 AM
Really impressive project. I think it has the long-lost feeling of Aces of the Deep. Not sure why I am saying this, maybe it's the patrol return pennants on the radio wire, maybe it's something else. Anyway, it looks great. I see it's still in the early stages (25%). Chad, could you try to make a wild estimation about when it will be ready? And yes, I am aware that we speak about years, here.

FIREWALL
03-14-07, 09:59 AM
KOOL:up: Keep up the good work. And give us updates as it comes along.

Chad
03-14-07, 12:57 PM
Ok, I'll try to asnwer all of your questions!

Letum, I'm going to go solo on this project, maybe in future updates. I've got enough money invested on this I can't afford much more, and with what I have left is going to a particle system and some other stuff.

Deamon.. The sky texture is actually a real photo, I have several others, and here's a screen with another skytex, everyone loves new media!

http://www.chadmcrae.com/screen1.JPG

Use a sphere as your sky instead of a skybox. It looks better IMHO, at least with my types of sky textures. If you would like I can take more pictures and send you a .zip of sky textures free of charge. Infact, I was thinking about doing this anyways because everyone loves my skies.

dcb - to be compared to Aces of Deep is really a good compliment, but I've never played AOD so I don't know much about what it's like. I've only played SH2 and SH3 and watched Das Boot three times, and that's what I'm aiming for, is realism and grittiness of Das Boot. Expect a demo in July, might just be a training mission or something but will get you to feel the helm of the ship in your hands!

FIREWALL, I'll do my best..

Any suggestions you guys have I'm open to them. My next little showcase will feature some explosions! :arrgh!:

ReallyDedPoet
03-14-07, 01:05 PM
Impressive:up:

leeclose
03-15-07, 02:10 AM
Looks pretty good i'm im pressed and no i wasnt paid to say that much:up:

Deamon
05-11-07, 07:02 AM
Deamon.. The sky texture is actually a real photo, I have several others, and here's a screen with another skytex, everyone loves new media!

Use a sphere as your sky instead of a skybox. It looks better IMHO, at least with my types of sky textures. If you would like I can take more pictures and send you a .zip of sky textures free of charge. Infact, I was thinking about doing this anyways because everyone loves my skies.
Yea i would be very interested in your free of charge skies. Send them over to me please. :)

I lack any good. What are you using for your water ?

How it's going btw ? Any progress recently ?

Cheers,
Deamon