PDA

View Full Version : GWX 1.2 Damage settings, no hull damage?

William516
03-13-07, 10:42 PM
Ok I just started getting back into the mix of things and after installing GWX on a clean copy patched to 1.4 and then also installing the new patch for gwx bringing it to 1.2, i noticed a few things.

First Great job with the mod once again so please dont take this as complaining but rather as a question, maybe im messing something up.

Durring the training missions in the naval accademy i decided to test damage to see how it differs. I ordered a crash dive straight into the sea bed at 8kts. The sub shook lights went out but hardly any damage at all to the bow. The damage i did sustain was quickly fixed by crew in that compartment, mild to no flooding at all. I also did not see a hull damamge % on the damage screen.

Pretty sure in the stock game there was a % hull damage. I then surfaced and plotted a collision course for the nearest merchant ship. Collided with the ship at approx 11kts. Again minor damamge to bow compartments.

I have the damamge settings set for realistic so i dont know what is going on here. Just wondering if i have something wrong or is this the only way to slowly sink a submarine by flooding.

I have yet to try getting depth charged or shot by guns. Have to try this and see what damage i take.

Thanks again and keep up the great work

William
Captain
U-66
Tiger Shark

Steppenwolf
03-13-07, 11:46 PM
You are suffering hull damage, but by default GWX does not show you the hull integrity percent number (Some people felt it gave you too precise information about the damage your hull had sustained). You can get it back (some people feel that NO hull damage information is going too far the other way) through SH3 commander, or by editing the en_menu.txt file yourself.

STEED
03-14-07, 05:09 AM
You need SH3C and tick show hull integrity.

danlisa
03-16-07, 09:53 AM
Even if you have the Hull percentage shown via SH3 Cmdr, there is a nasty little stock bug which rears it's head now and again. This bug will not decrease the hull percentage when you receive damage however when you get back to port, you will see the correct figure.

Happened to me once, got back with 14% left.:dead: