PDA

View Full Version : GWX1.02 vulnerability mod?

RMN
03-11-07, 01:30 AM
any vulnerability/full vulnerabilty mods for GWX1.02?

bigboywooly
03-16-07, 12:14 PM
Not that I know of

HunterICX
03-16-07, 12:16 PM
Start play with those HK groups
they will teach you the meaning of Vulnerable :yep:

Jimbuna
03-16-07, 01:23 PM

:rotfl:

STEED
03-16-07, 01:26 PM

That is not funny :down: Wait a minute :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Penelope_Grey
03-16-07, 01:36 PM
What about; if there was a MOD which actually made the U-Boat, less vulnerable, say, a MOD which restored the bulletproofness (that even a word?) To the U-boat so that machine guns don't cause you to lose Hull Integrity? Though that would seriously reduce the danger of aircraft again right back to a stock value, but for the more inexperienced players, it could be a great training tool so they could learn how to position the boat when they want to fight a plane, or allow them to learn when to crash dive and when not to.

I wouldn't use it, because planes are no issue to me, I like the fact they are a big threat, as in reality planes bagged more U-boats than the destroyers did.

bigboywooly
03-16-07, 01:40 PM
Get working then Pen
Your next mod awaits

Penelope_Grey
03-16-07, 01:43 PM
You must be kidding? I wouldn't know where to start or how to make that kind of a change!

All I did was adjust 9 cfg files to restore the ahead slow throttle settings on the U-Boat to what they were prior to the first patch.

Penelope_Grey
03-16-07, 01:46 PM
Though if I were to have a bit help, I would certainly be game to give it a try.

bigboywooly
03-16-07, 01:50 PM
I imagine you will need to use the minitweaker to up the subs hit points

MM can help you there
He has an armoured cruiser that dives too
:rotfl:

Not played with the minitweaker so cant help you there

Penelope_Grey
03-16-07, 01:54 PM
Well ok then... Um... Would anybody be interested in helping the noobiest of all noob 'moders' in teaching her how to create a mod to restore the GWX U-boats to being bulletproof once more?

GSpector
03-16-07, 01:59 PM
Helloo, Penelope_Grey.

I do believe your Subs hitpoints can be modified using MiniTweaker since it can be used to modify the ships Hit Points (of course, 1 class at a time).

Off Topic: I always wanted to say this to you, I really like your Avatar and I miss your old sig pic. The lady in it was very nice looking.

STEED
03-16-07, 02:03 PM
I would like a indestructible U-Boat so I can really kick the Allies up the ar*e. And not worry about damage. ;) :cool:

Steppenwolf
03-16-07, 02:23 PM
I would like a indestructible U-Boat so I can really kick the Allies up the ar*e. And not worry about damage. ;) :cool:
It's not quite indestructible, but like bigboywooly says, check out Mush Martin's U-boat battleship here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106453

Penelope_Grey
03-16-07, 03:14 PM
OMG, just seen the mini-tweaker... Guys, I can't do this. Its way too complicated for me. I think I'll just have to stick to nagging them that can for mods, and thanking them profusely on delivery! LOL cause this is wayyyyyy out of my league.

JScones
03-16-07, 07:58 PM
It's not quite indestructible, but like bigboywooly says, check out Mush Martin's U-boat battleship here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106453
Or wait a few minutes and Mush will be along to post about it right here. :up:

Go for it PG. Just play around. Won't take long to learn (backup first ;)).

Ducimus
03-16-07, 09:10 PM
Penelope,
editing the sub files itself, i dont think is the answer. In truth player uboats have twice the hitpoints in GWX then they do in stock.

My suggestion is to first look at the zones.cfg - a very powerful file. Every object in the game is made up of sections, or zones. From cargo holds, to uboat dive planes to aircraft wings . The zones.cfg defines how tough or weak all these things are, how much they contribute to an objects boyancy, and even how fast they sink *hint hint*.

Before you dive into that file, it's very important to understand what all the variables are and do in that file. To learn that, id suggest searching past posts in the mod forum. Try searching for "crit flotation" as a keyword, and also, specify user Gouldjg or Teddy Bar; as both i bleeive have made extensive postings about the inner workings of this file.

Steppenwolf
03-16-07, 09:34 PM
OMG, just seen the mini-tweaker... Guys, I can't do this. Its way too complicated for me. I think I'll just have to stick to nagging them that can for mods, and thanking them profusely on delivery! LOL cause this is wayyyyyy out of my league.
Actually, it's reasonably straight forward, just looks a little intimidating.
As usual, back up any file you plan to change before doing this (Although the Mini Tweaker will create a backup for you anyway).

1. Download, install and run it by:
1A. Download SH3MiniTweaker_build104.zip and Tweakfiles.zip
1B. Unzip SH3MiniTweaker_build104.zip
1C. Run setup.exe
1D. Unzip Tweakfiles.zip to the \SH3 Mini Tweaker folder
1E. Run SH3 Mini Tweaker

2. Pick the SH3 installation you want to make changes in by:
2A. In the upper right corner of the screen where it says, "Locate alternate game folder", click the "..." button. Browse to the \SilentHunterIII folder of the installation you want to make changes in and select it.

3. Pick the file you want to change by:
3A. Click on the "Load Tweak File" button at the top middle of the screen. This brings up the "Select Tweak file" screen. It should already be pointing to your \Sh3 Mini Tweaker folder, if not just browse to it.
3B. All of the SH3 files are shown here in one directory. You don't have to browse down through subdirectories. Just choose the one you want.
TECHNICAL NOTE: You will note that the files all have a .txt extension tacked onto them. This is because technically these are the "tweak" files (files used to map Mini Tweaker to the real files), but pick them just as if they were the real files.
SECOND NOTE: Most, but not all, SH3 files are listed here. To change a file not listed here you would have to create your own tweak file, which is a whole other subject.

4. Pick the Category and field you wish to change within the file by:
4A. From the drop down list at the upper left, pick a category. These change from file to file.
EXAMPLE: If you were changing the torpedo.zon file, the categories shown are all the different kinds of torpedoes (T1's T2's etc.). To edit the T1 torpedo, just pick "T-1 (G7a)" from the menu.
4B. The "Names and Values" box will now show a list of all of the fields within that category you can change. Click on the one you want.
EXAMPLE: For the T-1 you will see four fields, MinEF, MaxEF, MinRadius and MaxRadius. Click on the MaxEF field (This field influences the torpedo's maximum power).
4C. Enter the new value you want for that field in the "New Value" box on the middle right of the screen. Click on the "Save new value" box.
EXAMPLE: Enter 180 into the box and click "Save new value" (This would set the T1 torpedo back to its more powerful setting from the stock game).
4D. Exit Mini Tweaker

5. The Mini Tweaker created a copy of the file you just changed, in the same directory as the original file. The name is the usual "Copy of ...." name. You should move this to some other directory (otherwise the game sometimes gets confused and still uses this copy with the old values in it).

You're done. Package your mod and celebrate (well, test it first).

GSpector
03-16-07, 10:49 PM
Any suggestions from anyone?

I tweaked my Flak guns and now every ship turns me into swisscheese. :doh: :hmm:

The file I tweaked was Guns_Sub

STEED
03-17-07, 03:27 PM
I added one extra torp to the IXB to give it the correct number of torps by tweaking the CFG but I don't regard it as a mod. ;)

loreed
03-18-07, 04:41 PM
What about; if there was a MOD which actually made the U-Boat, less vulnerable, say, a MOD which restored the bulletproofness (that even a word?) To the U-boat so that machine guns don't cause you to lose Hull Integrity? Though that would seriously reduce the danger of aircraft again right back to a stock value, but for the more inexperienced players, it could be a great training tool so they could learn how to position the boat when they want to fight a plane, or allow them to learn when to crash dive and when not to.

I wouldn't use it, because planes are no issue to me, I like the fact they are a big threat, as in reality planes bagged more U-boats than the destroyers did.

That was true in both oceans, most of the 52/53 boats we (USN) lost in the Pacific were lost to aircraft if memory serves