PDA

View Full Version : Those British Sub Commanders are good

Captain Nemo
03-06-07, 08:05 AM
A couple of days ago I fired up DW (with LW3.072) and decided to play a quick ASW mission in an LA class boat. Within a couple of minutes I had TIW message so I did my usual evasive moves and avoided the incoming torp, which from sonar turns out to be a spearfish. From this I deduce I'm up against a British sub. After getting a reasonable solution I fire a torp back at the enemy, which it successfully evades. Anyway, to cut a long story short, after receiving a few more TIW messages and firing a few torps of my own he nailed me and he successfully got away. I noted the seed number and have had a few more goes at this mission and each time that British commander has sent me to the bottom. I just love this game.

Nemo

Dr.Sid
03-06-07, 09:16 AM
It's just Trafalgar .. it's quiet, it has great sonar and good torpedoes. Commanders have nothing to do with it. All subs uses the same AI.
Try also Australian Collins. It doesn't have such good sonar, but it has MK48 torpedoes and it's pretty silent.

Captain Nemo
03-06-07, 09:55 AM
It's just Trafalgar .. it's quiet, it has great sonar and good torpedoes. Commanders have nothing to do with it. All subs uses the same AI.
Try also Australian Collins. It doesn't have such good sonar, but it has MK48 torpedoes and it's pretty silent.

I know the AI is the same for all subs, but when I'm in my boat and am up against a good opponent I am totally immersed in the action and as far as I am concerned its a British commander in that Trafalgar.

Nemo

Linton
03-10-07, 07:14 AM
I think you will find this is the reason:http://www.oddnews.co.uk/defence/2006/sub_training_crisis.php