PDA

View Full Version : any new supermods?

RMN
03-06-07, 07:14 AM
1st of all a BIG "WELL DONE" to the teams and individuals that have been involved with all the mods:up: .im a fan of sh3 a few years back but didnt get the chance to play bcos my pc sucked.but since last year ive had a new pc and got myself a copy of sh3.downloaded the GW1.1a supermod,sh3commander2.7 and sh3gen.way better then stock.so,just wondering any Big mods coming? W.I.P's?

melnibonian
03-06-07, 07:23 AM
Click on my signature and get GWX if you want to see how SH3 SHOULD have been to start with.:up: Have a look at the manual as well http://files.filefront.com/GWX_MANUAL_ENpdf/;6783155;;/fileinfo.html

Wave Skipper
03-06-07, 04:14 PM
I am a great believer in small mods that work with others that allows players to pick and choose what they want. These super mods are nothing more than Super Walmart mods - that cause a mass of new players to start asking questions about problems, like "where'd my clouds go?", "why do ships bob up and down like corks now?" and so forth, or "how do I get rid of this, or that...?".

Every so-called super mod SHOULD COME WITH A DETAILED TXT FILE that explains how things were done, what was changed, and how players can alter the thing to the player's wishes. I have yet to find ONE super modder who has a perfect take on REALITY. Its all OPINION, OPINION, and OPINION. Rarely are the changes linked to real documented proof from WWII. Its always, "I think...", and other bold assertions.

If a player is going to spend long hours ignoring his real life, at the VERY LEAST he should have options about how he is going to flush his life down the video game vortex.

When I made my V-mod I did provide texts to explain how certain changes could be dropped or added to - for example how to use one of several Fatigue models.

Let's consider Commander. What was the main aspect or direction of that wonderful program? Options! It freed players to have OPTIONS.

That is what America used to be all about - OPTIONS - FREEDOM.

Reality nazis need to back off their personal view of SH3 and start offering options.

note: here's a new one, the brag about more realistic repair times. Well, in WWI the average turn around time for U-boats was 28 days - the same used in SH3 for WWII. I just got done reading a book about the WWII American sub fleet and saw many instances of turn around times of 7 days. I changed my own mods to reflect other models of repair times depending on situations. For example when the WWII started turn around times for U-boats were longer than later in the war. In fact this was a complaint of U-boat men cause they had less time on shore.

Unless someone has real documented evidence about repair times they should remind mod users that their new timings are JUST OPINION.

Dowly
03-06-07, 04:36 PM
You are really a fecking idiot.

Nobody forces you to play any of the super mods nor did nobody tell the the teams that made the supermods what HAD to be included, the teams though of what kind of style they wanted to have in their mod. Realism in games is opinions, nobody has the knowledge to make a 100% realism mod/game.

And again, you called people nazis which is very offending.. but then again, you are just one wanker Yank, so piss off.

Lord_Kitchener
03-06-07, 04:59 PM
but then again, you are just one wanker Yank, so piss off......LOL...I'm a Yank too...and that was hilarious!:rotfl:

Happy Times
03-06-07, 05:11 PM
To most people installing one mod involves enough studying..
These supermods are the best way to ensure people will find and use all these mods.

GlobalExplorer
03-07-07, 12:40 PM

Nobody forces you to play any of the super mods nor did nobody tell the the teams that made the supermods what HAD to be included, the teams though of what kind of style they wanted to have in their mod. Realism in games is opinions, nobody has the knowledge to make a 100% realism mod/game.

And again, you called people nazis which is very offending.. but then again, you are just one wanker Yank, so piss off.

BRAVO!!! :up:

joea
03-07-07, 02:20 PM

What if he's from the South? :arrgh!:

DISCLAIMER: I like Southerners and Northerners, Midwest or Pacific Northwest, heck even met a few nice folks from Crazy California! So not meant as an AA post. (Anti-you know)

FIREWALL
03-07-07, 02:44 PM
I was going to add a coment but thinking a bit and it wasn't a constructive addition so... GOOD ANSWER DOWLY :up:

Dowly
03-07-07, 02:59 PM
Now, cut the crap and return to the topic or the mods could actually see this one and lock it up. ;)

ReallyDedPoet
03-07-07, 03:03 PM

Bravo again:rock:, I am tired of people complaining about super-mods or mods in general:nope:, a slap in the face to all of the hard work put into creating them.

Roads88
03-07-07, 03:27 PM

Granted we have our share of "wankers", but how do you know he is a yank.:hmm:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-07-07, 03:43 PM
We are deviating way too much from topic, here ;)

In response to the original question, I dont think there'll be many supermods for SH3 coming out in the future, as those responsible for them will most likely turn their attentions on SH4.

But you're right, they do deserve a tremendous amount of credit for what they've given us all.

Despite the apparent 'lack of 0p71oNz, LoL!!!111!11!1 kthxbai'
I'm done ;)

iambecomelife
03-07-07, 09:04 PM
Um ... I have a mod coming out that will add lots of new merchant vessels to the game. It's more focused towards a single issue with the game (lack of diverse shipping) than multiple areas, like the NYGM or GWX supermods.

Happy Times
03-07-07, 09:15 PM
Um ... I have a mod coming out that will add lots of new merchant vessels to the game. It's more focused towards a single issue with the game (lack of diverse shipping) than multiple areas, like the NYGM or GWX supermods.

But IT is SUPER.:up: You should get a medal for doing it.

HunterICX
03-08-07, 04:54 AM

Granted we have our share of "wankers", but how do you know he is a yank.:hmm:

Easy to spot:

That is what America used to be all about - OPTIONS - FREEDOM.

and

Reality nazis need to back off their personal view of SH3 and start offering options.

Really,
some people cant just refer the people in Germany as GERMANS.

really people who keep calling al germans Nazi's are just a bunch of Jerks