PDA

View Full Version : Lwami soon for all Language Versions ?

Cygnus Alpha 1
02-25-07, 07:55 PM
Ahoy all ,

have for a few Weeks buyed the Blackbean German Version of Dangerous Waters
and patched to 1.04.

Since a few Days i browse this Forum and have read so much nice Things about The Lwami Mod.
Yesterday i have downloaded the Mod LwAmi_307_Full but it seems it is not Compatible with the German Version and other Languages as the English Version of The Game.

I seems there are Conflicts in the Database Files :hmm:

The English Version use mast.emd , class.ebd , 3dobject.e3d , etc
The German version use mast.gmd , class.gbd , 3dobject.g3d ,etc ...so the Mod installer can not overide The German Stock Data Base with the new Lwami Database Files.

It seems curently can only enjoy Peoples The Lwami Mod with the english Version of the Game but what is with the rest of the World who have the French,Italian, or German Version ?

Now my Question on the Lwami Team:

Is there was planed for the Future to make the Lwami Mod compatible for all Languages Versions of the Game ?

I still hope it will play soon with the Lwami Mod :rock:

LuftWolf
02-25-07, 08:28 PM
Actually, all you have to do is change the file extension names for the mod database files, replace the "e" with a "g" for all the files and you should be good to go.

This worked for the last versions of LWAMI intended for 1.03, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for DW 1.04.

I can't test this myself because I have the original Battlefront version of the game from early 2005.

Can you try this and let me know if it works? :)

Cheers,
David

Cygnus Alpha 1
02-26-07, 03:26 PM
Actually, all you have to do is change the file extension names for the mod database files, replace the "e" with a "g" for all the files and you should be good to go.

This worked for the last versions of LWAMI intended for 1.03, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for DW 1.04.

I can't test this myself because I have the original Battlefront version of the game from early 2005.

Can you try this and let me know if it works? :)

Cheers,
David

Yes have it done and i must say it Works ! :up:

have changed all the mod database files by replaced the "e" with a "g" and all is perfect. Also it works with the German 1.04 Version.
Seems The Language Problem is now fixed with this Method !

Thanks for you fast Replay,

but please can you in the next Mod update put in the correct Database File Names also with the correct Endings such as object.eod , thrust.etd

You have forgotten the endings for "object" and "thrust" so it was not possible to change those 2 Databasefiles to "object.god" , "thrust.gtd"

but after a while:hmm: and searching in the gamefolder i have found in
D:\Programme\BlackBean\Dangerous Waters\Mods\!BACKUP\Database
the files with the Names "object.eod.LwAmi_Mod-NEWFILE" and
"thrust.etd.LwAmi_Mod-NEWFILE"

For this Files it was possible for me to copy and paste it to
D:\Programme\BlackBean\Dangerous Waters\Database change they to her correct Names also to "object.god" and "thrust.gtd" for my Version.

It looks that are the same files as they without the Endings.

Hope thats it right...anyhow all works perfect the new Splashscreens the
kegetys_Fonts...and the amazing new Models so now i go to enjoy the Mod and take a Dive :p

and many Thanks to all Peoples who hard working on This Mod :up:

LuftWolf
02-27-07, 10:18 PM
Ok, this is great news!

We are going to release the next version of LWAMI with the language version conversions already done. :up:

Thanks for testing this for us! :)

Cheers,
David

Janus
02-28-07, 09:13 AM
Could you please explain in a reasonable amount of detail which files need to be renamed to get the mod working with the german version?

LuftWolf
02-28-07, 02:15 PM
Go to your database folder.

Change all file extensions from ".exx" to ".gxx" where xx are the other two letters in the database file extension.

Cheers,
David

Janus
03-01-07, 02:20 AM
I've done that, unfortunately DW shows an error message when loading. It says "error 13030 in game database". I have DW Patch 1.04 and the filenames in my database subfolder are as follows:

3dobject.g3d
airstrip.gad
class.gbd
countryname.gcd
entity.ged
launcher.gld
mast.gmd
object.god
profile.gpd
qmplatforms.gqd
qmtasks.gqd
sensor.gsd
shipbasedaircraft.ghd

and one file I don't know if it has been there before (it has no file extension but Windows Explorer says it is a "EBX transfer data file"). I think it comes from the mod enabler:
thrust

Some of the filenames seem to be incorrect obviously, but which is it?

LuftWolf
03-01-07, 02:22 AM
You must change the name of that last file to ".gtd".

The last file is part of the database, however, that file extension is also used by Adobe products, so if you have any of those on your computer it will be a file registered to that product. So, you must disable that file extension with the Adobe product, and then change it to ".gtd".

Cheers,
David

Edit: Edited to the correct file extension.

Janus
03-01-07, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the help :up:. I made it after an awkward struggle with the file extension and Adobe product...
Actually the file extension is "gtd", but now I believe all is working as there is no error message anymore.

LuftWolf
03-01-07, 04:41 AM
Good news! :up:

I hope you enjoy LWAMI! :cool:

Cheers,
David