PDA

View Full Version : Turm XXI?

alamwuhk2a
02-21-07, 11:41 PM
Is it possible to add the VIIC/4 Turm to the type XXI? But i've checked the equipment.cfg of XXI, there is no Turm XXI.....:|\\
Wish to mod the flak wagon on the XXI:rock:

zaunkonigII
02-22-07, 03:29 AM
Is it possible to add the VIIC/4 Turm to the type XXI? But i've checked the equipment.cfg of XXI, there is no Turm XXI.....:|\\

I believe the Turm XXI was removed, due to its pointlessness. The Type XXI had only one tower, so it seems they melded the tower to the boat, and made it a "dummy" tower. I have problems with it too - the inventory would show crap, and I can't repair the forward flax gun.

Now THAT would be the Uber Flakwagon. Better still, an XXI Uberboot with two flaks and two deck guns...

Woof1701
02-22-07, 05:42 AM

Well in that case you can also change the boat's underwater speed to 10 knots. With all that crap sticking out of the Typ VII tower you'll increase drag tenfold :rotfl:

In any case the Typ XXI has no seperate tower. The good thing about that is that it has visible damage, which AFAIK the other towers don't.

BTW: hasn't someone tried to mount the large battleship turrets onto a uboat? I remember a thread here about trawlers with gun turrets fighting it out in New York harbor :)

Mush Martin
02-22-07, 06:39 AM
AS far as I can recall

all towers are interchangeable except type II and type XXI

You can swap all the type VII and type IX towers but
type XXI will only work on type XXI

alamwuhk2a
02-22-07, 08:05 AM
BTW: hasn't someone tried to mount the large battleship turrets onto a uboat? Try Aft's Playable Bismarck mod. Really good:up:

danlisa
02-22-07, 08:24 AM
BTW: hasn't someone tried to mount the large battleship turrets onto a uboat? I remember a thread here about trawlers with gun turrets fighting it out in New York harbor :)
Ah, the Whatthefark & the Bisfarck, always good for a giggle. Shall we dig it up again.:hmm:

But watchout for the surprise ending.

Thread can be found here - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=83595

difool2
02-22-07, 10:37 AM
Wish to mod the flak wagon on the XXI:rock: Now THAT would be the Uber Flakwagon. Better still, an XXI Uberboot with two flaks and two deck guns...
You guys can use your XXI's to challenge enemy planes if you want. I'll use my XXI for
what it does best: hide in the depths and inflict doom and death on Allied convoys when
they least expect it. :arrgh!:

bigboywooly
02-22-07, 10:40 AM
There is no seperate Turm dat for the XXI
Its part of the hull in the dat file