PDA

View Full Version : Help with SubCommand

CaptainDick
02-21-07, 10:38 PM
Just started playing Sub Command after playing 688I for a long time. Frankly, I think something is askew in the program. Specifically, the course curser in sonar broadband is the reciprocal of the actual course. And after contact is made and we start to plot TMI, the TMI plot is 180 out with the nav plot of the target. Doesn't make for very good solutions. Am I missing something or have others experienced same phenom. I am playing canned missions, Seawolf ship.

Pisces
02-22-07, 01:28 PM
Yes, the bright thin line you see in the sonar display is allways the stern direction. Don't know why, but doesn't bother me either.

As for TMA, the towed array lines of bearing are plotted from a distence behind ownship because that's where the sensor is. The sphere and hull sonar lines start at the symbol for ownship (atleast alot closer), which is where they are. (part of the hull) This actually helps the TMA process as the target should be at the intersection of the most recent lines. Only there is allways some bearing error in the measurements. But in my experience SC had alot less than DW does now.