PDA

View Full Version : GWX 1.02 issues...

Lightning61
02-20-07, 12:09 PM
This may be related to JSGME, GWX, or something modified of which I'm totally un-aware.
When attempting to install 1.02 After rollback of commander, ALL mods listed in jsgme disabled, I'm getting the message that I still have mods enabled via jsgme. :damn:

I hope a NON-installer version of this patch will be available so that I can simply over-write existing files and attempt to continue my current career without the dreaded full re-install.
Thanks for any info, and thanks for all of the excellent mods to this killer sim!:rock:

mr chris
02-20-07, 12:18 PM
Simple answer just copy your mods folder with all your mods in it somewhere save and rename the theMODS folder remain in the installation just delete all mods in it.
Make sure you roll back commander then make sure all mods are dectivated via JSGME.

Then install new patch
Then copy all mods in your copy of your all mods folder into the new one problem sovled.:up:

Had the same thing happen to me in testing and this sorted it out.

Lightning61
02-20-07, 12:32 PM
After I copied the mods folder to another location, I deleted all mods through jsgme, which didn't fix the issue.
I then looked in the mods folder and the only thing remaining was the "backups" folder.
After deleting this the patch installed without error.
Thanks for the tip Mr. Chris!

mr chris
02-20-07, 12:38 PM
Not a problem matey now enjoy the GWX experience:up:

Lightning61
02-20-07, 02:38 PM
Still no go! :damn:
Looks like something is totally screwed in my install, because now I can't even run a single mission.
This will totally suck losing my latest career which was my best to date! :nope:
I'll never install any patches or mods again while mid-career.

HMM, I just disabled the Weserebung mod, which I had cross checked the english names.cfg for missing entries with 1.02 before re-enabling, and I'm now back in my career.
I did enter the River Class freighter and Queen Mary in both .cfg files, so I don't get it? :huh:
Maybe someone with better working knowledge of the files can figure this one out?

I will still hold myself to my above statements, as I don't like the idea of having to start over again. ;)

mr chris
02-20-07, 02:41 PM
Lightning61,
The is no need to lose your career even if you have to do a complete uninstall then a reinstall just make sure that you rename the SH3 file in My documents then when you have reinstalled just drop the info in the saved oned over the new one:up:

Lightning61
02-20-07, 02:56 PM
It just seems I've always had some kind of issues when trying to continue a career in progress after a major mod or game update, so I'm just not willing to risk it again.
It happened to me in stock, UWAC, GW, and now GWX, so I'm just going to be a chicken from here on out. ;)

mr chris
02-20-07, 02:59 PM
I understand you fear matey I really hope you dont have to reinstall and lose your career.:up: But if you do have to reinstall make a copy of your SH3 folder and rename and give it ago it cant help to try.

bigboywooly
02-20-07, 03:54 PM
Well it is posted in the release thread

Installation

Before installing:

- DISABLE all activated modifications if you use the "Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler" (JSGME). You cannot use JSGME to install GWX Patch 1.02, but you can use JSGME to activate other modifications after GWX Patch 1.02 is installed.

- REMOVE any installed SH3 Commander files (if you use "SH3 Commander") by pressing the "Rollback SH3" button from within SH3 Commander.

- ENSURE your active careers are all safely docked in port!

It is important that you follow these steps as the installer will look for SH3 Commander and JSGME files and will halt if any are found. Likewise the installer will halt if it does not find certain key GWX files.

Always make sure you are in port for mod installs
Graphics may be ok while in patrol but I never take the chance

As the patch includes campaign files I doubt very much whether your old career will work anyway

Lightning61
02-20-07, 06:40 PM
I try to pay very close attention to detail, and I DO the "read me" thing, I'm evidently just not well versed enough in which mods affect which files in this particular sim.
Before I installed Any mods at all, I spent several days of browsing this forum and reading all I could find regarding problems and their relative causes/solutions.

I don't recall the "read me" stating anything regarding careers in progress being hosed, other than to be in port, rollback, disable, etc, (maybe a little note of caution about the campaign files would be in order)?

Turn me loose on rFactor, GTR, GTL, N2003, GPL, nKPro, etc. and I do just fine due to the fact that I've spent most of my years of PC gaming in the racing genre, I'm very familiar with the file structures, and which files interact.

I'm not intending to sound like a "smart azz" here, just want to be clear that I did follow instructions.

This sim and community :rock::()1:!

JScones
02-20-07, 08:31 PM
Still no go! :damn:
Looks like something is totally screwed in my install, because now I can't even run a single mission.
This will totally suck losing my latest career which was my best to date! :nope:
I'll never install any patches or mods again while mid-career.

HMM, I just disabled the Weserebung mod, which I had cross checked the english names.cfg for missing entries with 1.02 before re-enabling, and I'm now back in my career.
I did enter the River Class freighter and Queen Mary in both .cfg files, so I don't get it? :huh:
Maybe someone with better working knowledge of the files can figure this one out?

I will still hold myself to my above statements, as I don't like the idea of having to start over again. ;)
Yes. Here's the thing. Whilst it is very easy to simply delete a folder and make the installer happy, this is just a placebo.

You see, the installer stopped for a REASON. It stopped to SAVE you pain LATER. It found backup files under the MODS\!BACKUP folder. This means that there ARE modded files in your installation that were put there by JSGME. If you are saying that there are no mods installed, then my guess is at sometime you manually deleted a mod whilst it was still enabled.

Now, by deleting the !BACKUP folder to get the installer to work, all you are doing is putting off the inevitable, for most likely those files that are still installed in the game will conflict with GWX 1.02 and cause you even more frustrating CTDs.

The moral of the story, listen to the installer, for it is your friend. If it tells you something is wrong, investigate and resolve, don't bandaid.

OneTinSoldier
02-20-07, 08:52 PM
Hi, I have a question...

After installing the 1.02 patch is it still necessary to enable the 'GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas' optional mod at some point? Or is it now fully integrated in 1.02?

It's still in the MODS folder but enabling it doesn't seem to be discussed in the newer version of the manual, unless I overlooked it.

Thanks

wojciech kucharski
02-21-07, 12:24 AM
One question,
in Roster COT is type=104, in SEA type=101? :shifty:

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 12:34 AM
Hi, I have a question...

After installing the 1.02 patch is it still necessary to enable the 'GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas' optional mod at some point? Or is it now fully integrated in 1.02?

It's still in the MODS folder but enabling it doesn't seem to be discussed in the newer version of the manual, unless I overlooked it.

Thanks

The late war sensors mod is to be enabled LATE WAR

From the manual

Implementation of Late War Sensors in GWX

GWX implements two new sensor antennas:
1. FuMB-3 Bali: All type VII and Type IX U-boats and their variants mount this antenna on their

schnorchel starting in October 1944 as part of the FuMB-29 Bali-Anlage.
2. FuMB-37 Leros: All Type XXI U-boats mount this antenna atop their schnorchel starting in
January 1945.
The FuMB Leros RWR set included use of the FuMB-3 Bali antenna but had superior range and
detection capabilities; however, the FuMB-37 Leros RWR set is not included in stock Silent Hunter III.
The GWX team therefore distinguishes between the operational specification and capabilities of the two
systems by using the term “FuMB-37 Leros” to refer to the antenna and not the complete RWR set.

JScones
02-21-07, 12:35 AM
One question,
It's a 104 in my install...

BBW?

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 12:36 AM
One question,

Then there is something wrong with your install

[Unit]
ClassName=COT
UnitType=104
MaxSpeed=11
Length=63
Width=12
Mast=21.7
Draft=4.2
Displacement=1230
RenownAwarded=40

From my GWX 1.02 install

Lightning61
02-21-07, 12:58 AM
This is what I had enabled before I rolled back commander.

GWX - Dec 23rd Corrections
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX Upgrade Tools&Dials V0.2
WAR-ACE-GWX-Weserubung
Dam_Tex DT V2
Longer Wakes v1.0 for GWX
Sobers 3D waves
The Sound Mod
NewDcSounds
binocs
QueenMary JSGME
RiverClass FF Beta.v1.0
DD_Debris_V1.1

I then disabled mods from the bottom of the list to the top until it was empty, and had not previously deleted any mods manually.
I then tried to install the patch and got the "mods still enabled" message, which is when Chris made a suggestion, and I first tried deleting the mods from the disabled side of jsgme, which still didn't work, so I looked in the mods/backups folder.
It contained two files, one of which pertained to the Tools&Dials mod, which I've since learned is not yet compatible with 1.02, but I jumped the gun and re-enabled it after patching.
I can't remember what the other file was, but I beleive they were both UI oriented.
I have a feeling this may have been why I was crashing.
I also thought that since I was running the Weserubung mod before patching, that my career would be safer with those files re-enabled, but that also caused issues even after I thought I had the English Names.cfg properly edited.
I just hope I can finish this career without major issues, but if not, I'll go through the full re-install shmear and wait for the mods I prefer to be fully 1.02 compatible.

Thanks for the info guys!

JScones
02-21-07, 01:07 AM
...so I looked in the mods/backups folder.
It contained two files, one of which pertained to the Tools&Dials mod, which I've since learned is not yet compatible with 1.02, but I jumped the gun and re-enabled it after patching.
I can't remember what the other file was, but I beleive they were both UI oriented.
I have a feeling this may have been why I was crashing.
Thanks for the info guys!
That will most likely be the reason why the game is crashing and definately the reason why the installer is halting.

But I hope you just didn't delete those files from MODS\!BACKUP and continue to install GWX 1.02? Because if you did, the modded files will still be in your game, thus you may still experience crashes, especially as they are not GWX 1.02 compatible.

Hopefully I've misunderstood and you ended up getting the patch onto a clean GWX. :up:

Lightning61
02-21-07, 01:21 AM
Nope, evidently there are 2 rogue files in my current 1.02 install, so if I have any issues, I'm going to deep-six my career, and start from scratch, since I can't remember the exact names of the files that were in the backup folder.
This is what I currently have enabled in 1.02, and I'm afraid to disable the tools and dials mod, since the sim is actually running, (for now).

GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX Upgrade Tools&Dials V0.2
GWX - Officer Icons-Eng
Longer Wakes v1.0 for GWX
DD_Debris_V1.1
Sobers 3D waves
Torpedo damage Final
binocs
QueenMary JSGME
RiverClass FF Beta.v1.0
The Sound Mod
NewDcSounds

Goetz von Berlingen
02-21-07, 01:21 PM
Hello All,
I am continually amazed at the product the GW group produced. I previously had set up JSGME to install d3d9.dll and d3d9.cfg to the SHIII root directory. It worked like a dream until I installed GWX 1.02.
Any ideas how I can get the higher rersoultion to work in GWX 1.02?

Thanks and kudos for a tremendous effort

GvB

Blacklight
02-21-07, 01:28 PM
Question. I'm in the middle of a very long 1X trip and am in the middle of the ocean at the moment in 1943. Should I wait the several weeks it will take for me to get to port before putting the new update in or is there a way to save myself out at sea, put the mod in and continue. The instructions say to make sure I am safely in port but it's going to take a LONG time to get there. I've put a lot of effort into doing this 1x and I don't want to lose it. :hmm:

mr chris
02-21-07, 01:34 PM
@ Backlight . Wait till you are in port mate:yep::yep::yep:. Then follow the install intructions and you should have no problems:up:

Jan Kyster
02-21-07, 02:00 PM
Missing Esbjerg mystery?

From \data\Terrain\Locations.cfg:

[Location 244] ;Esbjerg
Long=8.4243
Lat=55.480183
Heading=220
OnLand=true
ShowOnMap=true
FileName=City_Fr_Gr
LocationName=Esbjerg

Should be OK, but it's not on map?

Another thing, can you help with removing the large text on the maps? I find it a bit disturbing and not KM-map like. Sitting on a distance keeping an eye on my sub's progress, the sub sometimes disappear among the letters... :roll:

thanks in advance.

Blacklight
02-21-07, 02:03 PM
Dammit.. if only there was a milk cow somewhere near me:damn:

*weighs the options* Continue the 1X that I've worked my butt off on and wait a good month or so then put the patch in..... or... update patch and start a new 1X from scratch..... :doh:

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 02:09 PM
Carry on with your patrol Backlight
From your last post it seems you have invested a lot in it

The patch will wait
:up:

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 02:14 PM
Missing Esbjerg mystery?

From \data\Terrain\Locations.cfg:

[Location 244] ;Esbjerg
Long=8.4243
Lat=55.480183
Heading=220
OnLand=true
ShowOnMap=true
FileName=City_Fr_Gr
LocationName=Esbjerg

Should be OK, but it's not on map?

thanks in advance.

Not a mystery

That entry is for a city
Cities dont show on the map unless assigned a naval base to act as a marker

There isnt one for Esbjerg

If you give me the dates it changed hands I can add them

JCWolf
02-21-07, 02:46 PM
Guys this is how I have done,
Pls read carefully and folow me
Step by step:

The 10 comandements!

1-Before instaling what ever, be sure to copy your SHIII career folder located on
Your Documents Directory! To back up this it's easelly done if you just drag the
all folder to the Desktop, and leave it there, delete The Carreer folder on your
Documents directory...

2-Have a clean install of SHIII game Patched to 1.4b... This means, uninstall
everything you have installed ,SHIII game, and install it again followed by
the respective Patchs untill the 1.4b patch...

3-Install GWX Expansion Mod, And if you whant run the game ons just to make
Sure everything is at its respective place and running properly, when you run
the game, a new carreer folder will be created on your Documents directory,
don't touch it and leave it there...

4-Install now the GWX 1.02 Patch,after the install you will see the the GWX
1.02 Instaler have created a folder inside SHIII directory called Mods , move
it into your descktop also and leave it there. Do the run gamer again for
testing purposes just to check that the GWX is running nice and smouth...

5-Install now the JSGME and after hit the JSGME icon inside the SHIII game folder
to run it one time so that this way it will creat a new empty Mods Folder on
The same SHIII Game folder...

6-Now copy whats inside The Mods folder saved at the descktop to the recentky
created Empty Mods folder inside the SHIII Game directory, and you can also
add all the mods you whant in there...

7-Enable all the Mods you whant with the JSGME, and run the game again to check
if everything its were its suposed to be...

8-NowGo to your SHIII Carreer in your Documents Directory and delete all folder,
and finaly drag the SHIII Carreer (that you've saved on your descktop before)
To the Ducuments folder...

9-Run the game and start playing your carreer were you left it.(Docked at Port).

10-If everything of the above steps fail, go on your knees, pray for a cople of
minutes, concentrate and reinstate you mental helth, and go back on the
first step of this Guide....

Woof1701
02-21-07, 03:34 PM
Hi there,

Just came across a few little things with the new GWX patch.

Just came across a s-class sub in the bay of biscay. Nothing unusual there. Was also lucky enough that he didn't detect me, and I hit him on the bow with a T-I. I expected him to sink immediately, and had to find out that the boat is tough as nails. With a hole big enough for the bow to break off, it continued on its merry way for another 20 minutes before stopping, and I was sitting next to it for two hours waiting for it to sink. Since the weather was too bad for the deck gun I opted for a second torpedo and took the British guys dedicatedly manning the deck gun (under water) out of their misery.
I really don't want to know how many eels a 2000 ton tramp steamer will need now. :arrgh!: If the sub is any indication I'm trying a spread of four next time and hope for the best :rotfl: :rotfl:
Guess you overdid it a little with reducing the one-torpedo kills :)

My DF antenna is now permanently raised as shown in the manual. However I thought this antenna for derection finding came later in the war (I'm in 1940). Not sure though.

When I hit the sub some crates appeared and floated near the site where the torpedo struck for a while. Is that an easter egg?

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 03:47 PM
Hi Woof
1, i dont think the sub models were touched as re damage models

3, Pretty sure its just the way the game reacts to sinkings - doesnt distinguish between ships and subs

Woof1701
02-21-07, 04:33 PM
Oh. ok. NEver encountered an enemy sub before. However I expected to be blown out of the water and sink within seconds.

Pity. I thought you maybe found a way to include the new floating objects from the WIP thread and make them spawn (and stay floating) when a ship sinks. But it was stated before, that this was probably hard-coded.

11Bravo
02-21-07, 07:05 PM
Can't dock at Rendsburg in the Kiel Kanal. Exit Patrol screen suggests Eckernforde even though I'm 300 meters from Rendsburg. Don't have that trouble at Brunsbuwhatever just down the Kanal...

Lightning61
02-22-07, 10:28 AM
Update...
Had another crash, so I attempted to do a rollback, disable mods, reinstall patch and re-enable mods, hence I was able to get the names of the files that were remaining in the "Backups" folder which 1.02 patch was complaining about still being enabled.
They were simply the Bgrnd1.tga files installed by the Dials mods I'd previously used, and were set to "read only" which I would imagine caused them to not be disabled by jsgme when the mods were disabled.
I guess "good housekeeping" will now consist of checking EVERY files attributes before allowing jsgme to touch them.
Total bummer for those of us that DO try to maintain a healthy install.

Jan Kyster
02-22-07, 10:39 AM
...If you give me the dates it changed hands I can add themThanks BBW :up: but I've found it.
Esbjerg used to be [Unit 181] in Campaign_LND.mis, so I'll just put it back.
Not sure when exactly it disappeared :hmm: , but it definitely was there in TGW.

hyperion2206
02-22-07, 10:45 AM
I installed the 1.02 patch and everything is fine except that I still don't get the additional info when hitting F1. I checked the de_help.txt files and the infos are there! Do you guys know why it isn't shown in-game?:doh:

bigboywooly
02-22-07, 10:48 AM
Can't dock at Rendsburg in the Kiel Kanal. Exit Patrol screen suggests Eckernforde even though I'm 300 meters from Rendsburg. Don't have that trouble at Brunsbuwhatever just down the Kanal...

Yeah there are a couple of ports that are undockable at
One or two in the med also
Seems the game picks another LND entry not the one you are next to
Should be no reason to dock at Rendsburg anyway tis only a quick paddle up the canal to Kiel or Brunsbuettal

Lightning61
02-22-07, 09:25 PM
Update...
After a full reinstall with the only old files being my copy&paste of my career back into My Documents/SH3, things seem to have been due to something wrong in the last save I made in patrol 10, which was begun fresh from Lorient after 1.02 installation.
The newest save, (which was made middle of nowhere on surface), still refused to load.
I then exited the sim, re-booted, and decided to sacrifice the newest save, since it didn't contain any sinkings.
All seems to be functioning fine now, (3 sinkings @ 20,000+ tons later)! :D

So, if you have trouble loading a saved career, try just backing up one save slot before going through all the BS I did! :up:

3Jane
02-22-07, 10:34 PM
I followed all the steps for installing the latest patch, rolled back SHIII C and deactivated all active mods etc, and also installed the patch whilst in port. Started a new patrol and had four save points up the north sea and was crossing the top of Scotland. All was going well, no issues at all. Infact the frame rate in bad weather seems to have improved with the patch. However, when I tried to reopen the game later, all the files from the 'my documents' folder had disapeared, although the empty SHIII folder was still there. SHIII Commander wouldn't open of course and I was told to run the game once, as if it was a new install. The game loaded and all went well. I was once again ' in base before mission'. The mods I have reactivated are; officer icons, no medals on crew, late war sensors, ventores first u-boat skin, debris v 1.00, 16k atmos,integrated orders,special effects v 1.00. As I understand it, the dec 23rd corrections were contained in the new patch so it didn't need to be reactivated with the rest of the mods. Is this an experience anyone else has had. I am reluctant to begin a new patrol until I know if it's a patch issue or maybe I need a fresh install. Fortunately I had backed up my careers up to that point, so I haven't lost anything except a wasted trip up the north sea :P

Henri II
02-23-07, 01:31 AM
I installed the 1.02 patch and everything is fine except that I still don't get the additional info when hitting F1. I checked the de_help.txt files and the infos are there! Do you guys know why it isn't shown in-game?:doh:

I don't have it either. The reason for this is, that while the new de_help.txt file has all the info in it, the de_menu.txt is still missing the lines that are necessery to actually show the additional info.

Jimbuna
02-23-07, 06:50 AM
I followed all the steps for installing the latest patch, rolled back SHIII C and deactivated all active mods etc, and also installed the patch whilst in port. Started a new patrol and had four save points up the north sea and was crossing the top of Scotland. All was going well, no issues at all. Infact the frame rate in bad weather seems to have improved with the patch. However, when I tried to reopen the game later, all the files from the 'my documents' folder had disapeared, although the empty SHIII folder was still there. SHIII Commander wouldn't open of course and I was told to run the game once, as if it was a new install. The game loaded and all went well. I was once again ' in base before mission'. The mods I have reactivated are; officer icons, no medals on crew, late war sensors, ventores first u-boat skin, debris v 1.00, 16k atmos,integrated orders,special effects v 1.00. As I understand it, the dec 23rd corrections were contained in the new patch so it didn't need to be reactivated with the rest of the mods. Is this an experience anyone else has had. I am reluctant to begin a new patrol until I know if it's a patch issue or maybe I need a fresh install. Fortunately I had backed up my careers up to that point, so I haven't lost anything except a wasted trip up the north sea :P

Did you install the GWXv102cfg4SH3Cmdr file :hmm:
If not, it's available from my sig :up:

hyperion2206
02-23-07, 08:26 AM
I don't have it either. The reason for this is, that while the new de_help.txt file has all the info in it, the de_menu.txt is still missing the lines that are necessery to actually show the additional info.

Hmm strange. Basically we have to wait for a patch to solve that problem?

Henri II
02-23-07, 09:59 AM
Looking at the files, I think it's not that difficult to fix it yourself. I'll try it tonight we'll see what comes out.

hyperion2206
02-23-07, 10:04 AM
Looking at the files, I think it's not that difficult to fix it yourself. I'll try it tonight we'll see what comes out.

Good luck!!!:up: I hope you'll tell me what I've got to do if it works out for you.;)

poor sailor
02-23-07, 10:05 AM
Hello All,
I am continually amazed at the product the GW group produced. I previously had set up JSGME to install d3d9.dll and d3d9.cfg to the SHIII root directory. It worked like a dream until I installed GWX 1.02.
Any ideas how I can get the higher rersoultion to work in GWX 1.02?

Thanks and kudos for a tremendous effort

GvB
Well if You using a SH3 SP2 res fix program there is a option to uninstall. Try to uninstall and then after you install a GWX v.1.02 install again. I think that could be work!

Henri II
02-23-07, 11:28 AM
Hyperion, I tried it and it wasn't as easy as I thought, but I got it to work now. I can tell you what to do, but it might be somewhat complicated, as I had to rearrange almost the entire help file before it worked. I could also mail the files to you, if you want.

hyperion2206
02-23-07, 01:14 PM
Hyperion, I tried it and it wasn't as easy as I thought, but I got it to work now. I can tell you what to do, but it might be somewhat complicated, as I had to rearrange almost the entire help file before it worked. I could also mail the files to you, if you want.

Ich warte erstmal ab, ob die GWX Entwickler das mit einem Patch beheben. Falls sie es nicht machen, dann komme ich gerne auf dein Angebot zurück!

JScones
02-23-07, 01:17 PM

Ich warte erstmal ab, ob die GWX Entwickler das mit einem Patch beheben. Falls sie es nicht machen, dann komme ich gerne auf dein Angebot zurück!
Yes, this will be fixed in the next patch. However, feel free to use Henri's fix in the meantime.

hyperion2206
02-23-07, 01:18 PM
Ich warte erstmal ab, ob die GWX Entwickler das mit einem Patch beheben. Falls sie es nicht machen, dann komme ich gerne auf dein Angebot zurück! Yes, this will be fixed in the next patch. However, feel free to use Henri's fix in the meantime.

I always played GWX without the F1 infos and I guess I can wait till the next patch comes out.;)

3Jane
02-23-07, 04:14 PM
Did you install the GWXv102cfg4SH3Cmdr file :hmm:
If not, it's available from my sig :up:

Thanks, forgot that part :88)

odinfish
02-24-07, 06:13 PM
My apologies in advance if I somehow missed something already, but I have a small issue since installing the new patch. So before I go on I want to clearly state that I've followed ALL of the procedures thus far as per installation instructions. Ever since I installed the new patch I've lost part of the screen for my Observation periscope. What I mean by this is that I can still use it, as it's still fully functional, observe from it, see and use the action buttons, but the entire background remains from the previous view. So if I was just on the conning tower, switch to the Obs Scope, I would have the same scene as the conning tower in the background but now seeing the scope's magnification and action buttons as well. Any ideas or possible fixes to this?

Thanks,

Mike

NiKuTa
02-24-07, 11:13 PM
What is wrong with U-boot VIIB. My u-boot is still surfecing. I Give order crash dive, my boot go to about 60 m when i give order to travel on silent runing my boot never heep a deep, always surfacing???

Steppenwolf
02-24-07, 11:48 PM
What is wrong with U-boot VIIB. My u-boot is still surfecing. I Give order crash dive, my boot go to about 60 m when i give order to travel on silent runing my boot never heep a deep, always surfacing???

If I understand you correctly, your boat is not "going to" or "staying at" the depth you request? If so, these two posts should give you an answer as to why and when this happens:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=394141&highlight=dive#post394141

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=394169&highlight=variation#post394169

Samwolf
02-26-07, 07:02 PM
I'm playing early 1939. So far I've run into 2 convoys and both had an S Class sub amoung the columns of cargo ships. Is this a glitch or are they placed in convoys intentionally?

bigboywooly
02-26-07, 07:11 PM
Intentional

Samwolf
02-27-07, 06:01 AM
Intentional

Thanks, just wanted to make sure.

Lanzfeld
03-02-07, 11:12 PM
Just to chime in here.

I just returned from my first patrol in GWX to Kiel and about 1/3 of the ships in port were sunk. 6 m/s wind and no, I didnt save anywhere near port.

JScones
03-02-07, 11:18 PM
Just to chime in here.

I just returned from my first patrol in GWX to Kiel and about 1/3 of the ships in port were sunk. 6 m/s wind and no, I didnt save anywhere near port.
From the GWX Patch 1.02 release post...

Important!

This patch does not include a fix for the "sinking/floating ships" phenomenon. Being such an integral part of the game, the GWX devs chose to exclude the fix from this release in order to provide adequate time for testing and validation. The "sinking/floating ships" fix will be available as soon as it has passed testing.

which I know you are aware of because you have already commented on it. :yep:

Lanzfeld
03-02-07, 11:45 PM
Thanks JScones...

I forgot about that in the readme.

Samwolf
03-07-07, 01:41 PM
Can anyone tell me what the dates of the campaign_*.mis files for the GWX 1.02 update are? I have too many back-ups :damn: and I'm trying to figure out for sure which "came with" the update.

TIA

Steppenwolf
03-07-07, 01:47 PM
GWX 1.02 files:
Campaign_LND.mis 2/18/2007 4:29 PM
Campaign_RND.mis 2/18/2007 9:58 AM
Campaign_SCR.mis 2/18/2007 9:48 AM

Samwolf
03-07-07, 02:11 PM
GWX 1.02 files:
Campaign_LND.mis 2/18/2007 4:29 PM
Campaign_RND.mis 2/18/2007 9:58 AM