PDA

View Full Version : GW 25th 12 update

17thcpikeman
02-19-07, 02:56 AM
Hi all,

I am new to modding of games and I have installed the Grey Wolves mod and would like to know how i add the patch. I see that the patch contains folders with files in that have the same names as in the folders in the game.

My question is this do I copy the, say, CFG folder over the top of the existing folder or do i copy the file with in the CFG folder into the CFG folder? I am confussed. thx

danlisa
02-19-07, 03:23 AM
When you installed GWX the Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) was installed at the same time.

It is located in the program folder of GWX.

There is a MODS folder located in the same directory d/l and extract the Dec 23rd Fix into that folder. The folder tree should look like this - Dec 23rd Fix > data > etc.......

Once that has been extracted double click on JSGME and you should see the Dec 23rd Fix on the left of the window. Highlight it by clicking once and then click on Enable Mod, this moves it to the right side & enables the mod.

If you are using SH3 Commander make sure that it is ROLLED BACK.

The Dec 23rd Fix must be the first mod enabled (i.e top of the list).

17thcpikeman
02-19-07, 05:41 AM
arrrr right thanks makes so much sense now (D'oh) I guees this is the same with other mods like das boot officers ?:oops:

danlisa
02-19-07, 05:42 AM
arrrr right thanks makes so much sense now (D'oh) I guees this is the same with other mods like das boot officers ?:oops:
:yep: - Good hunting

Most d/l mods have readme's & most are JSGME compaitible. The author of the mod will explain what to do in the readme, if a different method needs to be used, he will explain how to get the mods working.

17thcpikeman
02-19-07, 07:24 AM
:up: thank you so much danlisa. I tried to look in the read me but there didnt seam to be anything about installing in the patch. I will try what you said tonight. I know these are basic questions but when you have never tried to mod the original before and always just used the makers patches I tend to be nervous about changing stuff, i think it is because i remember the days you had to install 13 floppies to get the game to work and any "tinkering" resulted on another few hours of install :o but i am changing and with help from people like yourself it has made it easier to have confidence in making the changes and what a differance to gameplay that results.

danlisa
02-19-07, 07:32 AM
I know what you mean.

This is the genius of JSGME. The mods which are enabled by JSGME overwrite the originals BUT a backup is created, so when you disable your mods the originals are put back in.

With this method there should never really be a need to reinstall SH3 as the 'core' files are never changed or affected.

17thcpikeman
02-21-07, 03:07 AM
Thank you thank you thank you Danlisa

It worked a treat I am now on the first patrol heading around stornoway. Chears:rock:

bigboywooly
02-21-07, 10:22 AM
If you were a couple of days later you wouldnt have needed the Dec 23rd patch

GWX 1.02 includes the patch and is available here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...d=1#post421247

Wait till you finish your patrol first though :up: