PDA

View Full Version : What meaning the list in DBEditor?

w101011
02-16-07, 02:28 AM
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/w/w101011/77533/jpylpzgkri.jpg

I see it also in SC and FC DBEditor, but I don't know what mean so many numbers. I set them the max range and 100 in general.
Who could help me?
Thanks!:)

LuftWolf
02-16-07, 12:23 PM
Those settings are the detection curve for the sensor.

These settings only apply to sensors that are NOT sonar sensors.

The number on the right is the Detectability Level set for a platform in the Object Dialogue (in this case Radar). The number on the left is the range at which a platform with that level of detectability will be detected without anything in the environment modifying the range.

The detectibility curve for all platforms on this sensor is determined by drawing a straight line between those datapoints listed in the database.

Cheers,
David

GrayOwl
02-16-07, 06:10 PM
Those settings are the detection curve for the sensor.

These settings only apply to sensors that are NOT sonar sensors.

The number on the right is the Detectability Level set for a platform in the Object Dialogue (in this case Radar). The number on the left is the range at which a platform with that level of detectability will be detected without anything in the environment modifying the range.

The detectibility curve for all platforms on this sensor is determined by drawing a straight line between those datapoints listed in the database.

Cheers,
David

Radars - it all requires good tweek.
I think LW already it have checked up?
I have checked up it new radars levels - works very well!
Levels of the radar signatures at objects - reduce - For misseles.
Nice Configuration Possible!

LuftWolf
02-16-07, 08:25 PM
There is MUCH work to do GrayOwl, much work to do... :)

I'm either going to add the Advanced Torpedo Controls or rework each and every object in the game next, and add a few new platforms and weapons.

I can't yet decide which one to do, both are very involved projects, and both have big effects for gameplay.

I'm leaning towards doing the platform fixes first, because as you point out many things can be called broken as they are, and it will allow mission designers to start doing more with the tools they have available to them.

Cheers,
David

w101011
02-17-07, 01:00 AM
Thank you!:)
Could you tell me what is "Detectability Level" effect in game?
Does "detection curve" have relation to earth curve and atmosphere refraction?

LuftWolf
02-17-07, 02:15 PM
The Detectabilty Levels are unique to each sensor and are a parameter of individual objects in game, universially they are refered to as SL's.

To each platforms individual SL's, go to the object dialogue (click on the Submarine in the main DWedit toolbar) and look at the column on the right in the object dialogue.

In terms of what environmental effects influence each sensor, you can check the sensor dialogue on the right hand side at the various flags (next to the detectibilty curve settings).

Cheers,
David

GrayOwl
02-17-07, 03:22 PM
There is MUCH work to do GrayOwl, much work to do... :)

I'm either going to add the Advanced Torpedo Controls or rework each and every object in the game next, and add a few new platforms and weapons.

I can't yet decide which one to do, both are very involved projects, and both have big effects for gameplay.

I'm leaning towards doing the platform fixes first, because as you point out many things can be called broken as they are, and it will allow mission designers to start doing more with the tools they have available to them.

Cheers,
David

Now misseles (skimming) are distinguished by Air Search radars on a distance of 40-45 miles.
It can not be - they are behind horizon and can not be found out.
2 hours have sufficed me to replace this discrepancy.

LuftWolf
02-18-07, 09:52 AM
The earth curve flags are set for all the search radars.

Also, I've not observed this at all, unless you mean upon the launch of the missiles when they have a semi-ballistic tradjectory, in which case then yeah they are detected on radar.

So what exactly did you do and what exactly is the problem? :hmm:

Cheers,
David

Molon Labe
02-18-07, 10:17 AM
This is embarrassing.

I think I am officially no longer DW's most abrasive personality. :oops:

w101011
02-18-07, 10:18 AM
Did you use FC DBEditor? I'm making a Chinese FC MOD now, but I don't know why the Detection Curve Levels list has 3 textboxes only. :doh: Is its effect as same as the one in DW?
I hope to make a DW MOD next step. I'm willing to do something for you if you need. :)

LuftWolf
02-18-07, 10:19 AM
This is embarrassing.

Actually, I like GrayOwl, he reminds me of me talking to Jamie. :D

Cheers,
David

LuftWolf
02-18-07, 10:21 AM
Did you use FC DBEditor? I'm making a Chinese FC MOD now, but I don't know why the Detection Curve Levels list has 3 textboxes only. :doh: Is its effect as same as the one in DW?
I hope to make a DW MOD next step. I'm willing to do something for you if you need. :)

Unfortunately, I don't know anything at all about FC, but I'll try to help you if I can.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. :)

Cheers,
David

w101011
02-18-07, 11:33 AM
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/w/w101011/77533/njphzffiqb.jpg
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/w/w101011/77533/agjreiagzp.jpg
:o

LuftWolf
02-18-07, 11:44 AM
The radars appear to be similar, just in two separate blocks.

As far as the active sonar, FC probably does not have a dedicated acoustics engine, so the curves actually work as something other than a hardcap, so there is no direct equivalent in DW...

I guess the only way to test it is to setup test scenarios and try various settings in the database.

Alternatively, you can leave the values as they are and use already existing sensors from equivalent platforms on the new platforms you are creating.

Cheers,
David

GrayOwl
02-18-07, 02:59 PM
This is embarrassing.

Actually, I like GrayOwl, he reminds me of me talking to Jamie. :D

Cheers,
David

Thanx, LW !

We aspire to greater in this game.
If she is called battle simulation, let she and will be really such :up: