PDA

View Full Version : Career won't load after upgrade to SH3 Cmndr 2.7

lafeeverted
02-02-07, 05:11 PM
I remember reading about a similar problem but I cannot find it anywhere.

I did a roll back, uninstalled 2.6, installed 2.7, added NYGM files. Saved career ( 2.6)and a new career (2.7) game hangs mid-way through loading screen. Any ideas?

Samwolf
02-02-07, 06:07 PM
I found that going into the SH3 options.cfg file in SH3 Commander and deleting this block of code fixes the loading lockup problem

[CRUSH DEPTH] ;THIS BLOCK CAN BE DELETED IF UNWANTED
;Randomises/sets crush depth for each sub type
;<SUBTYPE>=<folder/file name>|<.zon offset>|<default crush depth in metres>
;Upper and Lower provides the randomisation range
;Written to each sub's .zon file
Upper=1
Lower=0.9

IIA=NSS_Uboat2A|x2688|175
IID=NSS_Uboat2D|x2688|200
IXB=NSS_Uboat9b|x2CA2|275
IXC=NSS_Uboat9c|x3066|275
IXC/40=NSS_Uboat9c|x3066|275
IXD2=NSS_Uboat9d2|x2CA2|275
VIIB=NSS_Uboat7b|x1A86|250
VIIC=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|300
VIIC/41=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|350
VIIC/42=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|450
XXI=NSS_Uboat21|x35A8|350

This worked for me using GWX, it may work for NYGM too

JScones
02-02-07, 08:49 PM
And here's my response Samwolf *last* time you posted this...

I found that going into the SH3 options.cfg file in SH3 Commander and deleting this block of code fixes the loading lockup problem

[CRUSH DEPTH] ;THIS BLOCK CAN BE DELETED IF UNWANTED
;Randomises/sets crush depth for each sub type
;<SUBTYPE>=<folder/file name>|<.zon offset>|<default crush depth in metres>
;Upper and Lower provides the randomisation range
;Written to each sub's .zon file
Upper=1
Lower=0.9

IIA=NSS_Uboat2A|x2688|175
IID=NSS_Uboat2D|x2688|200
IXB=NSS_Uboat9b|x2CA2|275
IXC=NSS_Uboat9c|x3066|275
IXC/40=NSS_Uboat9c|x3066|275
IXD2=NSS_Uboat9d2|x2CA2|275
VIIB=NSS_Uboat7b|x1A86|250
VIIC=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|300
VIIC/41=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|350
VIIC/42=NSS_Uboat7c|x1A86|450
XXI=NSS_Uboat21|x35A8|350
Umm, the settings you posted above are specific for NYGM. Using them with GWX will, as you have found out, crash it.

Which begs the obvious question...why are you using NYGM settings with GWX??? I mean, SH3Cmdr comes with the correct settings for GWX (and every mod *other* than NYGM) by default, whilst the settings you posted come with NYGM and must be manually installed into your SH3Cmdr installation.

Now if it is the case that you've installed the NYGM files into your copy of SH3Cmdr that runs SH3/GWX, then simply deleting the above block *won't* cure you of crashes - if you run with the malfunctions or sabotage option enabled, you will experience other random crashes due to the different Randomised events.cfg file that NYGM requires, which is not compatible with GWX.

Hopefully this isn't the case and you just happen to have the NYGM settings "hanging around just in case". ;)

Either way, I will take this opportunity to remind players that have multiple installs of SH3 where at least one includes NYGM or GWX...

NYGM requires SH3Cmdr files that will make SH3Cmdr work only with NYGM. GWX requires SH3Cmdr files that will make SH3Cmdr work only with GWX. Thus, if you have installed one set of files into your SH3Cmdr installation you should not use the same SH3Cmdr installation to run *any* other modded SH3 unless you manually move files around each time. Otherwise, you WILL experience crashes. 100% guaranteed. And you certainly should NOT install both sets of unique files into the same SH3Cmdr installation (I'm sure it's been done)!

If you run GWX and/or NYGM it is recommended that you have installations of SH3Cmdr dedicated to *each* SH3 installation (ie one just for NYGM, one just for GWX and one for stock or UBWA). No problems that way. ;)
Please, if you are gonna provide assistance, don't do it half-arsed. Whilst deleting the block may fix the initial CTD, it's only a bandaid - it is much better to *fix* the problem rather than merely *hack* at it.

lafeeverted
02-03-07, 07:53 PM
I removed 2.7 and started over. think i found the problem. When I deleted Sh3Cmndr using the remove program feature more than just the SH3 Cmndr folder remained. I deleted the folder as well, as it is recommended to do. I did not check this the first time:oops: The saved 2.6 career loaded fine, I have not checked the new careers, just glad I got to keep the old one. Thanks JScones for the great program:up: