PDA

View Full Version : DW works on Vista

BlackDeath
01-31-07, 04:39 PM
Haven't seen a post on this topic for DW yet so I thought I'd share.

My experience only but I thought you might want to know DW seems to install and run fine on Windows Vista. This is without having to turn UAC off or any other changes. Patch 1.04 also seems to go on without a problem.

Sub Command also installs fine but the first time you run it, run it as administrator as it seems to need to do something with the CDROM. Otherwise, subcommand.exe makes an appearance on Task Manager then closes itself. Subsequent starts are OK without elevating privileges. The official Sub Command patches also need to be run as administrator to overwrite files in the installation directories.

688(I) should also install fine. Official patches are manually copied so no problems there (I run with the patched RenderWare files). However, if you ever need to reinstall, then make sure EAREMOVE.EXE is manually deleted from C:\Windows\System32 first - the uninstaller doesn't seem to get rid of this. If you don't, the installer will fail with "ERROR, copying files" on reinstallation.

Before anyone asks, no, I haven't tried the above with LWAMI or SCXII/SCXIIc.

Hope this helps somebody somewhere sometime. :D

Cheers.

Pirate
01-31-07, 04:52 PM
Yes, It works fine.
Only annoying thing is when you go to DW options screen, vista keeps changing the screen to it's Microsoft Speech Recognition setup window.
Very annoyinggggg :-?

Captain Norman
01-31-07, 06:26 PM
Wtf thats messed, hopefully thats fixed.

Kpt Lothar
02-01-07, 02:45 AM
for me is a little bit early to swap systems from xp to visa.
ive installed 2 weeks ago (from MSDN subscription) vista. looks great (kinda linux KDE) but there is lack of drivers, though. for instance: my wlan network card, my HP printer.
so i think ill just wait and in the meantime my ol' good XP is running well.

MR. Wood
02-04-07, 07:39 PM
I can't get the new grafic mods to work on vista can someone help

Dr.Sid
02-05-07, 04:40 AM
What about providing some more info ?

Theta Sigma
03-06-09, 03:02 PM
I know it has been established to work on Vista, especially 32-bit, but after a recent reinstall, I ran into a hangup somewhere, and in doing a re-reinstall, I realized what the best method was:

Via Disk: (I assume Steam allows an extract of files, so do the same)

Insert disk with autorun off, or kill the DW autorun.
Explore the disk to the autorun.exe, and set the compatibility mode to XP
Go to the setup folder and set the setup.exe to XP
Install
UnZip/Rar the 1.04 patch to a folder rather than running it via its own self extractor, and set its setup.exe to XP
Run it.

I did the same with additional mods, and haven't had the smallest hiccup.

Castout
03-19-09, 02:58 AM
I just bought Vista some months back(just had the hardware capable of tackling Vista comfortably then) and now Windows 7 is coming out at the end of the year. Damn it MS when will you stop churning out new OS. Those who buy Vista from July 2009 and onwards are said to be able to upgrade to Windows 7 for free. Just how tempting is this Windows 7? Is it more secure than XP and Vista? Some say that windows 7 is just a stripped version of Vista. Is this true if so then it's bad I wouldn't want to spend money on a stripped version of anything except my girlfriend.

Castout
03-19-09, 03:01 AM
Hi,

Vista does not even see my Sony DVD/burner. I have a dual boot (XP Pro and Vista) Works fine in XP but doesn't even show up as a drive on Vista. Any ideas?

I don't know whether this helps but try to update your DVD firmware. Just google Sony DVD burner firmware update.