PDA

View Full Version : LWAMI V3.05---Database QuickFix Now Available!!!

LuftWolf
01-31-07, 04:39 AM
In an epic noob maneover, I totally fubared the SW Hull sonar when making a simple edit. So here is the quickfix to that problem. Thank you to Bellman for pointing this out.

I've fixed the SW Hull Sonar problem and lowered the sensitivity of the SW WAA array, per Bellman's suggestions, since I think that's probably a good idea. It shouldn't be a "sub-o-finder" but rather help with situational awareness in high density contact environments.

It'll still easily register most surface traffic within range, but it won't be as effective against submarines, especially in high noise situations.

Here is the quickfix readme:

LWAMI v3.05 SW Sonar QuickFix

Note: The FULL LWAMI v3.05 is necessary. Install this OVER the original v3.05 distribution. To install, unzip to the "Database" directory in your main DW folder.

This is a quickfix for LWAMI 3.05 that fixes the SW Hull sonar problem and also updates the SW WAA array sensitivity to what will be the future standard in the LWAMI Mod.

NOTE for JSGME users: To install to the JSGME version of LWAMI, disable the mod, and unzip the quickfix folder to the "mods/LWAMI_v305/Database" directory.

Here is a direct link to download *just the database fix*:

[link removed, see below for current version]

Cheers,
David

PS There is a chance that Bill won't be able to post this to his site for a little while, so please spread the word around to your friends. :up:

LuftWolf
01-31-07, 06:44 PM
LWAMI v3.05 QuickFix II

Note: The FULL LWAMI v3.05 is necessary. Install this OVER the original v3.05 distribution. To install, unzip to the "Database" directory in your main DW folder.

This is a quickfix for LWAMI 3.05 that fixes the following issues:

-the SW Hull sonar previously had the wrong geometry in the database and performed incorrectly in game. This has been corrected and it will now function as described in the Readme. Also, the sensitivity of the SW WAA array has been decreased somewhat.

-The Shkval now shutsdown properly when it has reached its maximum range.

NOTE for JSGME users: To install to the JSGME version of LWAMI, disable the mod, and unzip the quickfix folder to the "mods/LWAMI_v305/Database" directory.

Here is a direct link to download *just the database fix*:

www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LWAMI_v305_QuickFix_II.zip (http://www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LWAMI_v305_QuickFix_II.zip)

Cheers,
David

Bill Nichols
02-03-07, 11:45 AM
Quickfix II is now available on my site as well. :)

suBB
02-03-07, 12:05 PM
@ LW

Please check your PM. Based on your response I may or may not need to do a redesign. And since we are trying to enter final MP tests, a redesign would suck right now.

Thanks

LuftWolf
02-03-07, 04:57 PM
Replied.

Cheers,
David