PDA

View Full Version : A little advice on campaign mission 1

Chris2802
01-23-07, 03:52 PM
Hi all,
After having finally decided to take the plunge and buy DW and attempt to figure it all out, I am making some headway, but am having a few problems with the first mission in the campaign that I was wondering if someone could possibly help me out with.

First and most importantly, I am unable to complete the classifying the contacts element. I have tried looking at all the contacts through the periscope and even cheating and using show truth, then classifying all the link contacts as the appropriate ships but i don't seem to be able to say I've passed, also most of the time when I've raised my periscope, I get counter detected and told the mission has failed.

My other problem is when playing as the akula, to actually get into the circle to deploy the spec-ops team, you seem to either have to surface and get detected, or ground the boat! is there somthing I'm not getting here? I tried deploying the team outside the circle, but they just sit there doing nothing!

Any thoughts/advice anyone has would be much appreciated!

Regards
-Chris

Edit: Spelling!!

Sea Demon
01-23-07, 04:18 PM
Stay slow (below 4 knots). Raise the periscope, center the crosshairs over the contacts and mark them. Other than that, I'm not sure where you're going wrong. That's a pretty good overview on what I did to accomplish this bit of that mission.

Dr.Sid
01-23-07, 04:22 PM
Identify means to mark the contacts with periscope in these missions. Put the cross on them, press mark. Sometimes all you need is pop-up, do one scope-sweep and it's done.

As for Akula mission, the circle marks target. There is building there .. turn your link layer on (ctrl+shift+l) and it should show yellow cross. You can of course also mark it with periscope. Then go to navmap, click the cross with right mouse button and select 'deploy Special ops' (or something like that) .. you must be at periscope depth and at stop (or some low speed, don't know the limit), otherwise this choice will be grayed-out. You don't have to get much close. Be careful, there is some enemy sub in that area, sometimes she detects you right as the mission starts.

Chris2802
01-23-07, 04:47 PM
thanks for the quick replys guys. I'll go try again!

Cheers
Chris

Chris2802
01-24-07, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Passed it first try this time =)

-Chris

ASWnut101
01-24-07, 04:30 PM
nice job!:up:

Sea Demon
01-24-07, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Passed it first try this time =)

-Chris

Glad it worked. Have you tried the Akula on Mission1 yet? That one has it's own challenges as well.