PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Bouyancy Mod for GWX

Kpt. Lehmann
01-21-07, 07:11 PM
As promised:

The neutral bouyancy mod for GWX can be DL'd here:
http://files.filefront.com/Neutral_Bouyancy_Mod_for_Xzip/;6582738;;/fileinfo.html

This mod removes the limited bouyancy for player subs that has been modelled in GWX.

This mod is in JGSME Format.

Note: This mod also removes the improved surface physics of the player U-boats in-game.

Use at your own risk.

This mod was created for GWX and may break other mod packages.

[Edit] Just so you guys know, this is an unofficial modlet for GWX and will not be a part of our future files. If I can find a way to remove the positive bouyancy without changing the surface physics of the player U-boats... only then will it become an "official" modlet.

azn_132
01-21-07, 07:55 PM
As promised:

The neutral bouyancy mod for GWX can be DL'd here:
http://files.filefront.com/Neutral_Bouyancy_Mod_for_Xzip/;6582738;;/fileinfo.html

This mod removes the limited bouyancy for player subs that has been modelled in GWX.

This mod is in JGSME Format.

Note: This mod also removes the improved surface physics of the player U-boats in-game.

Use at your own risk.

This mod was created for GWX and may break other mod packages.

[Edit] Just so you guys know, this is an unofficial modlet for GWX and will not be a part of our future files. If I can find a way to remove the positive bouyancy without changing the surface physics of the player U-boats... only then will it become an "official" modlet.
Thx Ill be the first one to try this.

GT182
01-21-07, 08:37 PM
Got it Kpt and thanks. :up:

Will this be included in the Update? I guess to answer my own question.. no. That's why it's separate and to make it an option. ;) LOL I can read minds afterall. LOL

shegeek72
01-22-07, 12:34 AM
Ack! I like the improved physics, so I'll stick with the pos boyancy. It makes you more diligent when attacking anyway. :up:
--
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_u100.jpg
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_u100.jpg

HEMISENT
01-22-07, 08:21 AM
Ack! I like the improved physics, so I'll stick with the pos boyancy. It makes you more diligent when attacking anyway. :up:

DITTO! I've learned to work with it and it's not too bad to get used to

Pirate
01-22-07, 08:24 AM
Thanks for this modlet.
It's good to have a choice :up:

geralt
01-22-07, 08:27 AM

DITTO! I've learned to work with it and it's not too bad to get used to
same here... I like I have to watch my depth and play a bit with it... strategy 'waiting ahead of convoy at all stopped' is gone... improved physics rocks

Gavilan
01-22-07, 09:05 AM
Great thanks for this mod, it's all about choices. :D

Gav.

danlisa
01-22-07, 09:07 AM
Why would anyone want to remove those cool additions? :doh:

Must have hurt making this mod.:hmm: Thanks anyway Kpt.

Gavilan
01-22-07, 09:23 AM

It's not like it's a permanent removal, it's just an option as far as I'm concerned to help newbie/amateur submariners (like newbie me) get to grips with GWX. Eventually once I've got used to everything else within GWX I'll switch this mini-mod off. For now though it's hard enough staying alive without the sub bobbing out of the water every time I come to a stand still to try and work out where the heck that destroyer is!

To those people that say just bite the bullet and learn... well those people seem to have more free gaming time than I do, so the precious time I do have gaming I want to enjoy rather than being blasted out of the water every 5 minutes because my damn crew can't keep the conning tower below the waterline. ;)

I do appreciate your hard work though Kpt Lehmann, thank you. :up:

melnibonian
01-22-07, 10:31 AM

I agree with you Dan on this one. I love the U-Boat physics and I will not be using the mod. In any case it's all about what the public want I guess, so each can play GWX however he/she/it likes;) Thanks for giving us the option Kpt (I hope you don't mind if I stick to the stock GWX):D :D :up:

fredbass
01-22-07, 10:53 AM
All a player has to do is set their depth 3-4 meters deeper than intended when running 2k or slower and all will be fine. :ping: Even a noob can do that. :roll: :know:

Kpt. Lehmann
01-22-07, 11:02 AM
Well, in a perfect world we would have player controlled variable bouyancy influenced by thermal layers and salinity in stock SH3.

However, even the original devs had to draw the line somewhere or they would have never been finished with SH3.

SH3 was delayed in production to add a previously absent dynamic campaign.

I'm glad they chose to add that over other simulation possibilities.

Gavilan
01-22-07, 11:36 AM
All a player has to do is set their depth 3-4 meters deeper than intended when running 2k or slower and all will be fine. :ping: Even a noob can do that. :roll: :know:

So if all this is to enhance realism shouldn't the gauges actually read the correct values rather than having to manually compensate for this? Also if you're at all stop you still raise to the surface. I know you guys want it to be as realistic as possible and I can appreciate that, but that workaround seems less realistic to me than neutral bouyancy.

This little mod will certainly benifit the less hardcore players out there, myself included. The fact it's not going to be included in the Jan 31 update means you don't even need to be worried about it. Just bear in mind not everyone who plays SHIII with GWX is an absolute realism fanatic. I like some realism sure but if it gets in the way of fun then it becomes questionable.

Just my opinion! :smug:

fredbass
01-22-07, 11:46 AM

So if all this is to enhance realism shouldn't the gauges actually read the correct values rather than having to manually compensate for this? Also if you're at all stop you still raise to the surface. I know you guys want it to be as realistic as possible and I can appreciate that, but that workaround seems less realistic to me than neutral bouyancy.

This little mod will certainly benifit the less hardcore players out there, myself included. The fact it's not going to be included in the Jan 31 update means you don't even need to be worried about it. Just bear in mind not everyone who plays SHIII with GWX is an absolute realism fanatic. I like some realism sure but if it gets in the way of fun then it becomes questionable.

Ummm, just to be clear, my advice was for those who want to keep GWX as it is. :up:

Gavilan
01-22-07, 11:53 AM
Ummm, just to be clear, my advice was for those who want to keep GWX as it is. :up:

Ok sorry if I took you out of context, didn't mean to flame.:oops: Friends? :p

stabiz
01-22-07, 12:09 PM
Nice of you guys to make this, but I`ll kepp the positive bouyancy-thingy! :up:

shegeek72
01-22-07, 04:10 PM

Good point (even though I'm leaving the physics the way they are).

A while back on a flight-sim forum I posted a similar message as your's, that I didn't have the time to spend hours learning how to pilot an aircraft just to go on an attack run.

Though SH3 is a sub-sim, I'm sure the developers had to balance the technical aspect and learning curve with ease-of-use to keep the game fun.

I'm interested to see how this balance works in SH4. From the latest SH4 trailers the graphics look awesome! :o :up:
--
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_U100.jpg

Tigrone
01-22-07, 04:43 PM
Thank you very much for this special odd work around. I will save this for use if I find it needed, but I think I'll not impliment it due to the side effects. After experimenting I found that by setting my periscope and snorkel depths a couple of meters lower that I can gain the time needed do things without needing to fuss with the speed and depth all the time, worrying about sticking the whole tower up. It's a lot like finding your balance on a bicycle.

Hartmann
01-22-07, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the new option

I did some testing in GWX and other work around could be change default deph values for others, 2 or 3 more meters is enough.

the boat seems stabilize at some depth and donīt raise more meters.

Kpt. Lehmann
01-22-07, 07:43 PM
the boat seems stabilize at some depth and donīt raise more meters.

With default GWX yes... you have limited positive bouyancy.

svenks
01-24-07, 02:54 PM

Well, thanks a lot. I'm thrilled than even a noob can do this. Maybe then even I will have a chance...

For the last time: It is not that you're drifting up! It's that you may have to use some pretty suicidal manoevres to avoid it, where in real life you would just take on ballast!

And to the good Kaptain: Thanks for making this modlet! I'll be sure to check it out. Should you find the philosophers stone, be sure to let us know :)

BRGDS
Sven

NiKuTa
02-26-07, 12:02 PM
Is this mod full compatibilty with GWX 102 ???

Rubini
02-26-07, 03:01 PM
Yes!

Sgian Dubh
03-02-07, 03:42 PM
I don't really want to give up the postive boyancy or physics, but I do need to know if there is a way to go deeper under teh following conditions:

If you are runing silent and need to go really deep, the bouyancy thing stops you from going to the orderes depth, not by a few meters, but by 30, 40 or 50 meters.

For instance, I was in a VII/C and had 5 DDs on me. I got to 74 meters okay, then to go deeper while silent I had to click on 260 meters.

By ordering 260 meters, the maximum depth I can get to is 194 meters. This is not deep enough.

So, is there a way to set a deeper depth (than is on the depth dial) so that I can compensate for the positive bouyancy?

Sgian Dubh
03-02-07, 03:45 PM

Yes....... If you are shallow. What is you at at 150 meters and want to go to 200 or beyond to avoid a DC attack. I can't get below 194 meters running silent, even if I order 260 meters NOTE: Unless you increase TC, then all of a sudden you will go to 260, implode and die - learned *that* one the hard way:cry:

Rubini
03-02-07, 04:43 PM
We have a tweaked RLUboat/Positive buoyance in tests on GWX team to be on the next patch. If this adjusts will not come in the next patch I will release it as an unofficial mod. After these tweaks you now have more a stock feeling (no more that dumb N.O.), you can bottom, set any depth but yet have a slight positive buoyancy.:up:

Just wait a bit more until we finish the tests.

Rubini.

Sgian Dubh
03-02-07, 05:11 PM
We have a tweaked RLUboat/Positive buoyance in tests on GWX team to be on the next patch. If this adjusts will not come in the next patch I will release it as an unofficial mod. After these tweaks you now have more a stock feeling (no more that dumb N.O.), you can bottom, set any depth but yet have a slight positive buoyancy.:up:

Just wait a bit more until we finish the tests.

Rubini.

I don't know you, but I love you!

:D