PDA

View Full Version : just installed gwx -cant find JSGME

rushnar
01-19-07, 02:08 PM
im new so be patient. yesterday i did clean install, then 1.4b patch then gwx. Everything worked except it mentioned the utility jsgme being in the sh3 folder. I couldnt find it any where. Then I down loaded dec. 23 fix and 7 zip. But not sure how to install. Any help finding jsgme in gwx and update instalation would be appreciated. thanks

Respenus
01-19-07, 02:18 PM
In the main SH3 folder, where GWX was installed into, there is an icon, of something like a wheel, but it's iron and jegged (sorry, I forgot the english and slovene word :oops:). Next to it, it says JSGME. There is also a MOD folder in the main SH3 folder. This is where you get the 23rd December update into. Then you run JSGME, pick the mod on the left part of the screen (screen of JSGME, there will be 2 collums), then click on the > and it will install the update!

Welcome aboard!

The Munster
01-19-07, 02:26 PM
im new so be patient. yesterday i did clean install, then 1.4b patch then gwx. Everything worked except it mentioned the utility jsgme being in the sh3 folder. I couldnt find it any where. Then I down loaded dec. 23 fix and 7 zip. But not sure how to install. Any help finding jsgme in gwx and update instalation would be appreciated. thanks

Hi and welcome rushnar; you should find JSGME in the Silent Hunter III folder, it has an icon that looks like a cog.
23 fix = right click folder and choose 7 zip extract file [to here] then highlight extracted folder, choose move and move it to Silent Hunter III_Mods .. click okay then go to the cog icon and click it, this will open up the Mods available box. The Dec. 23 fix should be in the list on the left; highlight it and move it over to the right side by using the arrow at the top [make sure there are no Mods active on the right side before you do this] Hope this helps but post again if still encountering problems.

rushnar
01-19-07, 02:52 PM
i looked in sh3 folder where its installed. I see lots of folders but no icons.

The Munster
01-19-07, 03:28 PM
Hi, this might sound like a silly question but did you execute GWX ?
What I mean is do you have GWX exe and the bin. files all in one folder, click GWX exe and point the installation to Silent Hunter III ?

Respenus
01-19-07, 03:40 PM
i looked in sh3 folder where its installed. I see lots of folders but no icons.

Do you even have an exe file in there? It must be! And an icon is everything you see in a folder (even the default folder icon that looks like a map)

rushnar
01-19-07, 04:23 PM
yes i executed it. i ran the game with gwx installed. im going to uninstall and retry. thanks .

Steppenwolf
01-19-07, 05:01 PM
Rushnar,
My apologies if this sounds incredibly stupid, but are you by any chance "literally" looking in your C:\SH3 folder? You won't see any icons there just folders, because this is where your saved games will eventually go.

The folder people are referencing above is the location of your executable file for Silent Hunter called "sh3.exe", this is usually in the \Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII directory which will have about 43 file icons and 4 subdirectories under it. Try doing a search in Windows Explorer for either sh3.exe or jsgme.exe

Since you successfully ran GWX, sh3.exe HAS to be there somewhere and jsgme.exe will be in the same directory.

rushnar
01-19-07, 06:42 PM
thanks, I found it. I was looking at the folder ladder view on the left. And it didnt open the main folder it just showed sub folders. Thabks for the help and do you guys recomend sing sh3 commander, ive never used it. Thanks

bigboywooly
01-19-07, 07:05 PM
Yep
SH3commander is a must have mod
There are some GWX specific commander files that you will need too
Click below my sig in the GWX D\L link and they are there

Steppenwolf
01-19-07, 08:54 PM
I would second the vote for SH3 Commander.
It is very easy to use and will let you adjust the things people most commonly want to change about the game (water clarity, time compression, gun reload rates, hull integrity indicator, fatigue model etc.) to your personal taste. It automatically provides some neat features not normally present in the game, like variable crush depths and thermal layers. It also has a lot of neat options for where and in what type of sub to start your career, number of days to spend in base etc. (and this just scratches the surface of what you can do with it). Heartily recommended.

Respenus
01-20-07, 06:39 AM
thanks, I found it. I was looking at the folder ladder view on the left. And it didnt open the main folder it just showed sub folders. Thabks for the help and do you guys recomend sing sh3 commander, ive never used it. Thanks

And this is why I always have my Folder view turned off.

bigboywooly
01-20-07, 11:59 AM
I would second the vote for SH3 Commander.
It is very easy to use and will let you adjust the things people most commonly want to change about the game (water clarity, time compression, gun reload rates, hull integrity indicator, fatigue model etc.) to your personal taste. It automatically provides some neat features not normally present in the game, like variable crush depths and thermal layers. It also has a lot of neat options for where and in what type of sub to start your career, number of days to spend in base etc. (and this just scratches the surface of what you can do with it). Heartily recommended.

Good summing up :up:
There is a lot more that can be done with SH3commander and have a feeling will be in the near future