PDA

View Full Version : i think i have a problem

cobalt
01-18-07, 10:28 AM
Before I started using GWX, I did a fresh install of SH3, or so i thought. My game doesnt show renown like it should, its showing something like what nygm does with the tonnage instead

heres a pic http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1307/wownz1.jpg

and also, im about to start my fourth patrol and ive been promoted twice to kapitn LT after i finish my patrol, but when i reload the game while in port, im back to LT ZS, two of my own officers outrank me!

somethings wrong ];

AVGWarhawk
01-18-07, 10:46 AM
What does it show in the crew recruitment screen?

cobalt
01-18-07, 10:55 AM
is says "career tonnage" where is should say my renown.

the crew renown cost are correct though.

this is so strange

Letum
01-18-07, 10:56 AM
Yup, its common for officers to outrank you.

Blame the SH3 Devs

bigboywooly
01-18-07, 11:46 AM
Do you have NYGM on your comp too ?

cobalt
01-18-07, 11:48 AM
i did before gwx, but i uninstalled sh3 and then installed gwx

bigboywooly
01-18-07, 11:56 AM
Did you use SH3commander with NYGM ?

If so
Did you rollback that before uninstalling the NYGM version of SH3Commander ?

Also
Did you delete the folder in my documemts ?

melnibonian
01-18-07, 11:57 AM
Is there a chance you are using an old career from NYGM? When you uninstalled NYGM did you delete the C\My Documents\SH3 folders? That's the only explanation I can think of:hmm:

cobalt
01-18-07, 12:19 PM
i forgot to uninstall sh3 commander before uninstalling sh3.

i deleted my documents sh3 folder before installing gwx

i put the gwx cfg files in the sh3 commander cfg files whilst forgetting about the nygm files in there

so i reinstalled sh3 commander and deleted the whole folder, but its still not working ?

melnibonian
01-18-07, 12:23 PM
Are you trying to use an old career? I would suggest to install SH3Cmd with the GWX cfg files and start a career from scratch just to see if it's working.

EDIT: When you talk fresh install are we talking a totally clean one from scratch or you disabled NYGM using JSGME? (I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm trying to minimise possible causes here)

bigboywooly
01-18-07, 12:25 PM
Theres obviously something of NYGM in your GWX install
You didnt say whether you rolled back SH3commander
If you didnt then loaded GWX with it then you will have residule NYGM files loaded too

Maybe a fresh install is the only way to cure the problem now

Rollback SH3commander and uninstall - then delete the folder
Uninstall SH3 and GWX
Delete the SilentHunterIII folder to be sure and also the folder in my docs

mr chris
01-18-07, 12:28 PM
My advice would be to uninstall everything then install afresh with sh3 patched to 1.4 then install GWX on top.
I had to do this after i buggered up my first install of GWX.
But im sure someone out there might have a work around so you dont have to do that.:up:

EDIT BBW beat me to the puch mate,:lol::lol:

cobalt
01-18-07, 12:31 PM
thanks for the replies guys. i have one more idea up my sleeve before i do a fresh install.

can someone be kind enough to send me their "en_menu" file from your sh3 folder. the gwx version. thanks a bunch

melnibonian
01-18-07, 12:36 PM
thanks for the replies guys. i have one more idea up my sleeve before i do a fresh install.

can someone be kind enough to send me their "en_menu" file from your sh3 folder. the gwx version. thanks a bunch
PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it over to you

cobalt
01-18-07, 03:03 PM
pm sent

thanks

JScones
01-19-07, 02:03 AM
i forgot to uninstall sh3 commander before uninstalling sh3.

i deleted my documents sh3 folder before installing gwx

i put the gwx cfg files in the sh3 commander cfg files whilst forgetting about the nygm files in there

so i reinstalled sh3 commander and deleted the whole folder, but its still not working ?
How could you forget to rollback SH3Cmdr when the first thing the installer says is "Don't forget to rollback SH3Cmdr"????? :doh:

Your problem is that you didn't rollback SH3Cmdr first. Simple. You can replace files until the cows come home, but your only complete solution is to do what BBW posted above.