PDA

View Full Version : Gwx and anouther CTD

andy_311
01-16-07, 06:51 PM
I was 100km SSW of Bombay Encountered a TF doing 15knt 7/05/45 I sank two Passanger Liners doing 15knt a bathhurst came to nosey around so I took him out,then out of nowhere 2 River class appeared doning something like 20knts took the first one out @around 1500m took a shot at the secound one @2000m (useing TXI (GG7es) Zaunkonig II homeing Torps all tubes)and dived by the time I reached 25m he fired of his headghogs a me and took some damage at the same time the torpeado hit him and wham the game just CTD'S it's really annoying (got the 23/12 patch installed).

Corrupt_File
01-16-07, 07:17 PM
Wow, thats a long sentance. Anywhoo, could be the fact that alot was going on, if your comp isn't up to date, a CTD can occur because it's doing too much. Was anything running in the background? What other patches?

andy_311
01-16-07, 07:29 PM
I got a fairy decent pc so it can take it and I've been in worse scrapes than this and had no ctd's all that's running in the background is my firwall and Av program but I've always ran them (constantly online)so I can't see it beening that.

Madox58
01-16-07, 11:35 PM
Only problem I ever get from AV running is IF it decides to check for updates
or do a scan while I'm in game.
Then that's my fault for forgetting to disable those features.:damn:

irish1958
01-17-07, 12:33 AM
Andy, I always shut everything off when I play the game. I had some issues before, but since I have done this, I haven't had any problems. I use FSautostart to shut everything down.

Mush Martin
01-17-07, 12:44 AM
I was 100km SSW of Bombay Encountered a TF doing 15knt 7/05/45 I sank two Passanger Liners doing 15knt a bathhurst came to nosey around so I took him out,then out of nowhere 2 River class appeared doning something like 20knts took the first one out @around 1500m took a shot at the secound one @2000m (useing TXI (GG7es) Zaunkonig II homeing Torps all tubes)and dived by the time I reached 25m he fired of his headghogs a me and took some damage at the same time the torpeado hit him and wham the game just CTD'S it's really annoying (got the 23/12 patch installed).

andy were those River DE's (type 3 included in vanilla) or were they River FF(type 2 frigate, currently a work in progress) I only ask because I never realized that the vanillla DE had a hedgehog or conversley I havent finished type 2 River FF and released it yet but have played many times against it
and HH is formidable, Curious if you could enlighten.MM

andy_311
01-17-07, 07:58 AM
Andy, I always shut everything off when I play the game. I had some issues before, but since I have done this, I haven't had any problems. I use FSautostart to shut everything down.

OK I will try that.

JU_88
01-17-07, 09:59 AM
funny - same thing happend to me with a hunt III DD -every time the torpeedo hit, CTD! , i even reistalled sh3+GWX then reloaded the saved game, but it was no good. I had to abandon that career and start over, since the game was saved with the Hunt at 1000m and charging at me while i was at peri depth, so it was a case of either he dies or I do. (Not enough time to take my bulky IXB to the saftey of the depths :nope: )
I tested my installation by blasting some Hunt IIIs in test single mission, no CDT or any other problems.... A mystery to me.