PDA

View Full Version : GWX: I think you should probably move the S-class to the over to the US side!

JU_88
01-13-07, 07:32 AM
It has an identity crisis but it definately isnt the british one.. :D Maybe the US would have given some to the Brits on lend lease, but i doubt it -since the British had lots of their own subs already and most of them were superior to the little S boats. The Brits would have wanted more Destroyers and CVs instead.

US S-class (Looks like Serg's S-class to me -minus the deck gun)
http://homepage.eircom.net/~steven/images/ss-125_s-20.gif

British S-class, similar spec to the type VII Uboats, not as fast on the surface though and no stern tube until the third revision of the sub. looks nothing like the S-class in GWX though.
http://uboat.net/allies/warships/photos/br/ss_hms_simoon.jpg

No biggy, just a little nit pick to bear in mind for the update.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 08:36 AM
Possibly so JU
Trouble is most players would never see an AI sub then
Subron 50 only spent a short time in the Atlantic so the Gatos would be seen only for a short period
Not everybody likes cruising to the US

Of course by all means feel free to make a Br sub so can be swopped :rotfl:
And maybe one day Serg will finish his HMS Upholder sub too

JU_88
01-13-07, 08:53 AM
@BBW (and i dont mean big beautiful woman) check pm.

Pablo
01-13-07, 08:54 AM
It has an identity crisis but it definately isnt the british one.. :D Maybe the US would have given some to the Brits on lend lease, but i doubt it -since the British had lots of their own subs already and most of them were superior to the little S boats.
Hi!

The British S-boat does in fact represent a Lend-Lease S-boat, as happened historically. Take a close look at the flag on the S-boat in the GWX Manual (S-boat section) - it is the White Ensign of the Royal Navy.

Pablo

JU_88
01-13-07, 08:56 AM
K, Maybe the americans should have it too as it is a US built boat not a UK one.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 09:25 AM
lol yes have your PM and replied mate :up:

On the subject of subs

Nudge nudge Serg

http://usx218.fysik.uu.se/users/Sergei/files/Upholder.jpg

Whatever happened to Upholder ?

The Munster
01-13-07, 09:34 AM
Never seen one that colour before :rotfl:

Safe-Keeper
01-13-07, 10:49 AM
It's one weird and perverted-looking contraption (the fat bow reminds me of a certain reproductory organ exclusive to the male body). And that colour... Was someone trying to make some sort of... statement (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/Gay_flag_7.svg/210px-Gay_flag_7.svg.png):p? [/smartass mode off]

Kidding, I like every u-boat/sub addition you can muster. Keep 'em coming.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 11:00 AM
Well it is a WIP
Colour wise anway methinks

JU_88
01-13-07, 12:18 PM
Like it :up: , there is jsyt som much i want to model and add to game, but too little time and knowlege :(

Jimbuna
01-13-07, 01:16 PM
If there's one one potential improvement in the future that might entice English kaleuns into deserting the Kriegsmarine then surely that would be the ability to command an Upholder class sub out of Malta and emulate Wanklyn :rock:

AG124
01-13-07, 01:18 PM

Since we are on that subject, I wonder if Sergbuto has an update for us in regards to the HMS Furious or that German Navy pack on which he was working?:hmm:

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 01:26 PM
Lol yes indeed
He certainly has many irons in the fire so to speak

I wont mention the Russian DD then :rotfl:

AG124
01-13-07, 01:33 PM
Yes, that is another WIP ship that would be useful to the community.:yep: But I am sure Sergbuto is hard at work 'behind the scenes' - maybe he will surprise us again soon like he did with those two new merchants.:o

sergbuto
01-13-07, 02:48 PM
It has an identity crisis but it definately isnt the british one.. :D Maybe the US would have given some to the Brits on lend lease, but i doubt it -since the British had lots of their own subs already and most of them were superior to the little S boats.
Brits got six S-class and three R-class (looked pretty much as S-class) boats on lend lease.

All of them stayed in Antlantic Theater and were stationed at:

Halifax -2 boats;
Bermuda, Halifax - 1;
Newfoundland - 1;
UK - 2;
South Africa -1;
Gibraltar, Plymouth, Portsmouth -1.
One was given to Polish and sunk by mistake at the Norwegian coast.

sergbuto
01-13-07, 02:53 PM
Well it is a WIP
Colour wise anway methinks
No, that's the colour. Taken from the book about the boats. Maybe a bit more darker.

sergbuto
01-13-07, 03:07 PM
It still needs proper damage and collision models. Boring stuff to do.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 03:25 PM
It still needs proper damage and collision models. Boring stuff to do.

Yeah guessed it was the damage model
I know you dont like doing them :rotfl:

sergbuto
01-13-07, 03:33 PM
Since we are on that subject, I wonder if Sergbuto has an update for us in regards to the HMS Furious or that German Navy pack on which he was working?:hmm:

Furious needs the rudder and screws, adjustment of gun rotations and damage/collision models. However, the level of the 3D model is not up to the standards by e.g. Gerome73.

As to Kriegsmarine mod, some of ships are ready but they need to come with the German guns pack which is not ready.

sergbuto
01-13-07, 03:50 PM
Lol yes indeed
He certainly has many irons in the fire so to speak

I wont mention the Russian DD then :rotfl:

Russian DD needs more accurate bridge.

http://usx218.fysik.uu.se/users/Sergei/files/Type7.jpg

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 04:04 PM
Looks cool mate :up:

AG124
01-13-07, 04:44 PM
However, the level of the 3D model is not up to the standards by e.g. Gerome73.
Don't worry about that - from the screenshot you showed us earlier I am sure she will look great.:yep: And she would certainly be better than no HMS Furious at all.:o

JU_88
01-13-07, 05:27 PM
@ Serg - superb work as usual mate :up:

iambecomelife
01-13-07, 07:14 PM
However, the level of the 3D model is not up to the standards by e.g. Gerome73.
Don't worry about that - from the screenshot you showed us earlier I am sure she will look great.:yep: And she would certainly be better than no HMS Furious at all.:o

I second that - I remember seeing a screenshot of your WIP Furious and it was more than adequate, to say the least.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 07:18 PM
http://usx218.fysik.uu.se/users/Sergei/files/Furious.jpg

Here tis

AG124
01-13-07, 07:48 PM
Here tis

Tis it indeed.:p But she may need a new skin, maybe one without a green flight deck.:hmm: Also, is that a UV Mapping or texture error just forward of the bridge?

stabiz
01-13-07, 09:43 PM
:huh: All I can say is ... wow.

JU_88
01-14-07, 11:53 AM
lol yes have your PM and replied mate :up:

On the subject of subs

Nudge nudge Serg

http://usx218.fysik.uu.se/users/Sergei/files/Upholder.jpg

Just a small crit, conning tower should be a bit bigger, the railings and the dive planes should be modelled, i would be more than happy to do this.
:up:

sergbuto
01-14-07, 03:12 PM
Just a small crit, conning tower should be a bit bigger, the railings and the dive planes should be modelled, i would be more than happy to do this.
:up:

The 3D model was made by Greg Law. I think he used the proper drawing because the texture is taken from the dedicated book. Deck-gun platform railing and dive planes are modelled and can be identified on the screenshot.

JU_88
01-14-07, 03:25 PM
i see the dive planes now.. oops..
i meant the conning tower railings (not the deck gun ones) are missing and the U-class had pretty distinct ones, like i said its minor.

(EDIT)
Correction, the model is fine as its the first generation of U class.
the railings I was talking about were on the 2nd and 3rd Group of U class boats and V class, that superseded it.
The later U's and the V also had a pointed bow (a bit like a gato sub)

check the link to see what i mean http://web.ukonline.co.uk/chalcraft/sm/UClass.html

USS Sea Tiger
02-10-07, 04:13 PM
Where are you all finding the original Greg Law models for CFS at?
I have that program too but have never seen these items!!!

bigboywooly
02-10-07, 04:56 PM
IIRC They were given to Serg by Greg
To add into SH3