PDA

View Full Version : Possible minor GWX Bug: Convoy with TF symbol

Warmonger
01-13-07, 06:14 AM
On patrol S of Ireland I got the contact report of a task force heading south out of St George''s channel. I was in a good position to intercept it and after some days found it and - it was an ordinary merchant convoy...

Anyone else had this?

JU_88
01-13-07, 06:46 AM
Its been like that since stock game, if the lead unit of a convoy is a merchant it will appear as a convoy, if it is a warship leading the group, it will show up as a Taskforce. You can tell the difference by the speed, a merchant task force travels at about 6 to 8 knots, an all miliary taskforce will be moving at about 24 knots.
Hope this clears it up. ;)

Warmonger
01-13-07, 07:07 AM
Heck I'm playing this game for 1,5 years now and have never seen this. Thanks for explaining though. :up:

andy_311
01-13-07, 07:11 AM
Yep I had seen that myself my game CTD on me twice attacking that TF/convoy but after I installed the 23/12 patch never seen it since.

JU_88
01-13-07, 07:14 AM
Also war ships and warship TF's appear on the map with a diamond emblem, merchies and convoys appear as a square. a merchant TF will appear as a square, not a diamond.

bigboywooly
01-13-07, 08:19 AM
There were a couple of the old convoys wuth a warship as leader
The Dec 23rd update cured those
If you havethe update installed it would be interesting to know that you still see one