PDA

View Full Version : Flak Reload times

demowhc
01-12-07, 05:31 PM
does anyone know how to adjust the flak reload times?? is it just a value in one of the cfg files??

thanks

Phoenix3000
01-12-07, 05:34 PM
Hi!

If you use SH3 Commander you can set the value for minimum load times for both the flak and deck guns.

Px3000

demowhc
01-12-07, 05:36 PM
um ok in my version of sh3 commander u can only adjust the deck reload times???..

Phoenix3000
01-12-07, 05:41 PM
I'm using SH3 Commander 2.7 with the excellent GWX supermod. What version are you running etc.?

I've only used version 2.6 prior to this and I'm sure it was in there too (although I may be mistaken).

Px3000

demowhc
01-12-07, 05:45 PM
ok i had 2.6 and just updated it to 2.7 and still no flak reload options?? i see the 2 deck gun reload times and wave height options etc but no flak reload option :S

Phoenix3000
01-12-07, 05:55 PM
Sorry mate - I don't believe what I did - since using SH3 Commander I never took much notice of those settings - I always assumed one was flak, one was deck gun.

I've just taken a look and they are both for deck gun - 88 & 105mm!! - Can't believe I missed that! - Senior moment I guess.....:oops:

Px3000

demowhc
01-12-07, 05:57 PM
lol np m8, im sure it just a simple cfg setting somewhere, but where..?:ping:

Vikinger
01-12-07, 06:05 PM
You have to use a prg called SH3 MiniTweaker to change that.

There is a file called Guns_sub.sim you have to change the values whitin.

its located in sh3/data/library folder.

demowhc
01-12-07, 06:14 PM
ok thanks, any idea where i can get this mini tweaker?

Vikinger
01-12-07, 06:35 PM
You can dl it here:

http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3sdk.htm

Grab the file Mini Tweaker program.

And be sure you dl also the Tweakfiles.zip

Follow the instructions and the readme file how to operate the program.

its not easy :) well when you get a hang of it, its quite easy.

Create a new folder that you can call whatever u like. Install the mini tweaker program in that folder.

then unzip the tweakfiles to same folder.

Start the program.

Up in the right corner of the program there is a small button called:
Locate alternativ game folder.

Find where you have installed your game like: D:/Games/sh3 and click ok then. Be sure you are in the root folder of sh3.

Then click: Load tweak file.If you are not directed directly to the folder where you installed the tweakfiles then you just click you way to where you installed the mini tweaker program. This is important coz you are gona use thos tweakfiles you unzipped to that folder.

Then find the file called Guns Sub Sim.txt and click on it.

You will now get a bunch of values in the window. from the small list window above you can choose the gun you prefer to change. Find the value
Reload_time=xxx

click once on that row. then you get a marker in the right window where it says new value. Type in what you want and click on the button,, save new value,

And there you go.´

As soon you do some changes to a file it will creat a backup file of the original file.
You can find that file in sh3/data/library folder later if you want to rollback.

Or write down the values before you do some changes on a paper so you remember the default values if you want to change back.

Hope you understod this explaination or if you have more questions about it,, just do a post :)

good luck :)

demowhc
01-12-07, 06:45 PM
thank you so much! :D iv only had sh3 for 3 days and already iv got gwx and some other mods installed and im loving this game :D

i hope sh4 is as good as GWX..

FIREWALL
01-12-07, 08:17 PM
You can dl it here:

http://www.delraydepot.com/tt/sh3sdk.htm

Grab the file Mini Tweaker program.

And be sure you dl also the Tweakfiles.zip

Follow the instructions and the readme file how to operate the program.

its not easy :) well when you get a hang of it, its quite easy.

Create a new folder that you can call whatever u like. Install the mini tweaker program in that folder.

then unzip the tweakfiles to same folder.

Start the program.

Up in the right corner of the program there is a small button called:
Locate alternativ game folder.

Find where you have installed your game like: D:/Games/sh3 and click ok then. Be sure you are in the root folder of sh3.

Then click: Load tweak file.If you are not directed directly to the folder where you installed the tweakfiles then you just click you way to where you installed the mini tweaker program. This is important coz you are gona use thos tweakfiles you unzipped to that folder.

Then find the file called Guns Sub Sim.txt and click on it.

You will now get a bunch of values in the window. from the small list window above you can choose the gun you prefer to change. Find the value
Reload_time=xxx

click once on that row. then you get a marker in the right window where it says new value. Type in what you want and click on the button,, save new value,

And there you go.´

As soon you do some changes to a file it will creat a backup file of the original file.
You can find that file in sh3/data/library folder later if you want to rollback.

Or write down the values before you do some changes on a paper so you remember the default values if you want to change back.

Hope you understod this explaination or if you have more questions about it,, just do a post :)

good luck :)

Hi Vikinger:) That was probably the best explanation i've seen so far.
Easier to understand than the readme that comes with it. :yep: :up:

Vikinger
01-12-07, 08:29 PM
Hehe thx for the nice words :)

Even if iam not that good to write in english i hope it can be to some help :)

Steppenwolf
01-12-07, 11:49 PM
Vikinger,
I agree with FIREWALL, that is a very clear explanation of the procedure. Thank you very much. One question though, are the tweak files on that page ok for use with GWX? TimeTraveler's notes on that page say the tweak files supplied are for Sh3 patched version 1.4b. Are there tweak files that we should get from somewhere else or are these sufficient?

Vikinger
01-13-07, 12:51 AM
Yes you can use thos tweakfiles. No matter what mode you have installed (i guess) :D

Iam not an computer expert at all when it comes to stuff like this but my guess is that the tweakfiles is the "raw" files for the latest patch version of sh3 and that is all you need. Then when you load the file it actually read the values that is in the current game you have.

But iam sure they work fine. Iam using them my self and i have GWX installed.

Steppenwolf
01-13-07, 10:10 AM
Vikinger,
I see. Appreciate you taking the time to explain it.