http://rapidshare.com/files/11229272/GWX_XXI_Hydrophone_Fix.zip.html

Please report any problems here.

Ref

_Gabriel_
01-11-07, 02:57 PM
Install with JSGME over the december patch

Please report any problems here.

Ref

Played now over 2 hours and dont find any bugs, thx for that file :)

Greets

Gabriel

Jimbuna
01-12-07, 08:05 AM
Greets and thanks Ref :up:

Txema
01-12-07, 08:50 AM
Thank you very much for the fix ref, it is working perfectly, both in single missions and in career !!!

However let me ask a question about the active sonar (Nibelung), in the Type XXI. I have read that the Nibelung was able to meassure the distance to the target, but also the target velocity and course. Since the Nibelung is explicitely included in SH3, is it possible to measure also the target velocity and course by using it? How? Or it is just working as an standard active sonar (measuring only the target distance)?

Other comment about the Type XXI in GWX: I have noticed that if I choose a Type XXI in 1945, in career, it includes the RWR atop the snorkel, but if I use it in a single mission (also in 1945) the RWR atop the snorkell is missing... Is it possible to include the RWR atop the snorkel ALSO in single missions (in 1945)??

Thank you very much for all your excellent work !!!

Txema

Mast
01-12-07, 10:03 AM
Thanks Ref! :up:

Mast

_Gabriel_
01-12-07, 10:17 AM
Other comment about the Type XXI: I have noticed that if I choose a Type XXI in 1945, in career, it includes the RWR atop the snorkel, but if I use it in a single mission the RWR atop the snorkell is missing... Is t possible to include the RWR atop the snorkel ALSO in single missions??

Txema

Hi,

the XXI get the FUMO351 at September 1944, when you want that in the Single Player Mission you need to start XXI at 1945, then you will have the FUMO351 at the snorkel.

Greetings

_Gabriel_

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

ref
01-12-07, 10:33 AM
Thank you very much for the fix ref, it is working perfectly, both in single missions and in career !!!

However let me ask a question about the active sonar (Nibelung), in the Type XXI. I have read that the Nibelung was able to meassure the distance to the target, but also the target velocity and course. Since the Nibelung is explicitely included in SH3, is it possible to measure also the target velocity and course by using it? How? Or it is just working as an standard active sonar (measuring only the target distance)?

Txema

Regretably it's implemented as a standar active sonar, if you want to measure course and speed you need to make two readings and do the trigonometry calculations :dead:

Ref

Paajtor
01-12-07, 11:43 AM
I guess this fix will be in the next GWX-update?

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 11:49 AM
Yes it will be mate

Paajtor
01-12-07, 11:50 AM
Ok, I'll wait for that....not sailing in typeXXI now anyway. :up:

bigboywooly
01-12-07, 12:51 PM
Doubt I'll ever get to sail one :rotfl:
Unless I cheat and get one before 44

Txema
01-12-07, 06:38 PM
Other comment about the Type XXI in GWX: I have noticed that if I choose a Type XXI in 1945, in career, it includes the RWR atop the snorkel, but if I use it in a single mission (in 1945) the RWR atop the snorkell is missing... Is it possible to include the RWR atop the snorkel ALSO in single missions (in 1945)??

Txema

Hi,

the XXI get the FUMO351 at September 1944, when you want that in the Single Player Mission you need to start XXI at 1945, then you will have the FUMO351 at the snorkel.

Greetings

_Gabriel_

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

Gabriel,

Thank you very much for your answer. However I think I have not explained my question properly. I was referring to the RWR added by GWX atop the Type XXI Snorkel (and not to the FUMO 391 radar available but not functional in SH3 1.4b). I have rewritten my question to explain it better:

Other comment about the Type XXI in GWX: I have noticed that if I choose a Type XXI in 1945, in career, it includes the RWR atop the snorkel, but if I use it in a single mission (in 1945) the RWR atop the snorkell is missing... Is it possible to include the RWR atop the snorkel ALSO in single missions (in 1945)??

Txema

asr
10-04-12, 05:28 AM
Just found the same problem while trying to play with the XXI in my GWX Gold installation.

Unfortunately, the GWX_XXI_Hydrophone_Fix file is no longer available.

Can someone upload it again or point to another fix?

Thx