PDA

View Full Version : dynamic shadows

shegeek72
01-11-07, 05:36 AM
While looking through main.cfg (data\cfg\main.cfg) I found (under video) dynamic shadows, which was set to off. So I set it to =Yes and now there's cool shadows that weren't there before. I couldn't find the setting in the options menu. Am I missing it or does the game set it for you? (I haven't noticed any degradation in the video yet).
--
http://tarafoundation.org/frauleinvomAmtsm.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A4ulein)

danlisa
01-11-07, 05:46 AM
:o Any drop in FPS?

I will have to try this tonight.

Nice find :up::rock:

Kruger
01-11-07, 05:49 AM
I will try it tonight also. I also ude Sober's 3d waves which are cool, but if this will make it cooler, it would be the coolest thing :smug:

Boris
01-11-07, 05:54 AM
I tried this before a while back and got really crappy (broken) effects.

Uber Gruber
01-11-07, 09:15 AM
I tried this a while back and got no result at all....mind you, my old trusty 2.53GHZ with Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB is definately creaking a bit now.....gonna have to buy a new rig soon i'm sure..sigh :-(

Phoenix3000
01-12-07, 05:29 AM
Hi guys,

I followed you advice and modified the main.cfg file for the shadows, but I haven't seen any difference - I'm running a nVidia 512MB graphics card (only 3 months old), so I'm sure it would have been capable of running them. Is there anything else that needs changing along with that file. Reason I ask, I'm running GWX and wonder if the modifications that it has made don't allow it to be changed.

Also, are they external shadows or internal only (ie. your sub only)?

@ Kruger - You mention Sober's 3D wave mod - is that something new - and does it improve on GWX waves?

Cheers all,

Px3000

Paajtor
01-12-07, 05:51 AM
Shegeek, what's your hardware like, and which resolution do you run?

Kruger
01-12-07, 06:36 AM
@ Kruger - You mention Sober's 3D wave mod - is that something new - and does it improve on GWX waves?

here is the link

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=99596&highlight=sober

Jimbuna
01-12-07, 08:01 AM
I will try it tonight also. I also ude Sober's 3d waves which are cool, but if this will make it cooler, it would be the coolest thing :smug:

Clean forgot about the 3d waves mod...do they work okay in GWX :hmm:

melnibonian
01-12-07, 09:28 AM

Sober's 3D waves mod works fine with GWX.

Jimbuna
01-12-07, 01:07 PM
Def bringing back a few memories of TGW now :arrgh!:

oiler
01-13-07, 01:53 PM
i didn't notice any changes between no and yes seems this doesn't work for me with x1900xtx - could someone post some screenshots whith diferences between yes and no pls?

FIREWALL
01-13-07, 02:24 PM

Put Sobers 3d waves in GWX last nite works great.:up: :up: :up: